Kash Daniel commitment completes “clean sweep”

247sports.com

247sports.com

247sports.com

If you haven’t heard by now, Kentucky football’s latest Yahtzee came yesterday afternoon when four-star linebacker Kash Daniel picked Kentucky over Louisville and South Carolina. Now that Daniel has committed, Kentucky officially has the top three recruits out of the state. The other two being four-star offensive linemen Drake Jackson and Landon Young.

The Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker spoke to JC Shurburtt, a national recruiting analyst for 247Sports about what Daniel can bring to Kentucky along with Jackson and Young.

“It’s huge to have three guys that are Army Bowl guys this year, and to get them all, it’s gigantic. Every recruit in the country watches that and they’re going to be hearing ‘Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky’ over and over again during the broadcast.”

“I think the guy can go to Kentucky and be the leading tackler for the Wildcats three years. Just tough as nails, knows the game, is extremely talented and has a good upside. When you’re trying to play football in the SEC, you can never have too many guys like this.”

Read the full article here.

The #BBN can watch Kash Daniel, Landon Young, and Drake Jackson in the U.S. Army All-American game January 9 on NBC.

Article written by Haley Simpson

I'm from Bullitt County but I'm not a 6'9 power forward with a solid outside shot. Follow me on Twitter: @haleysimpKSR

8 Comments for Kash Daniel commitment completes “clean sweep”

1. Billy Hill
    10:46 pm July 5, 2015 Permalink

I wonder why he didn’t get any offers from the big schools?

• jdarren1963
      7:43 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

And I wonder why you and CM Tomlin, below, are on here making stupid comments.

• Trolldar
      8:40 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

jadarren, they scared. they wanna talk about how terrible we are, but if they weren’t scared they wouldn’t be here. keep trollin, lil bro.

2. CM Tomlin
    11:52 pm July 5, 2015 Permalink

How did Kentucky land Kash? Cash

• Lily Tomlin
      12:10 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Yawn.

• Wait A Minute!
      12:20 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

I just realized what you did there. His name is Kash and you accused UK of giving him cash! That’s like some serious word play. I wonder if I would have caught on quicker if it weren’t so subtle. I bet your family can’t stop telling friends about you. It’s kind of like if Mark Twain were a sports fan. Wait until the pundits find out you beat them to it. I bet they say, “aaaargh!!”. Me, I like to fish. How cool would it be if I got as good at fishing as you are at clever writing? Pretty cool no doubt. Somebody tell Matt I’m done reading KSR for the day. It can only go downhill from here. Man!

3. WeareBBN
    12:49 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

I think he was a late bloomer, not heard from much then burst on the scene. Fake USC and the Tards are semi-heavy hitters and if he has a great Senior year the bigger boys will come calling. Sadly we will lose some of the guys we have committed but don’t think we lose that KY trio. An early commit means very little in football, seems they don’t teach the definition of commitment to High School kids.

4. Angelo
    1:09 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

Bowl game here we come!!!