The countdown to Kentucky’s first game against Toledo will hit 10 days tomorrow and if you’re like all of us here at KSR, those ten days will feel like an eternity.

So over the next ten days, I will help you all pass the time by reliving the best 10 games from the Mark Stoops era at Kentucky.

Now, just so we’re clear, ‘best’ is kind of a loose term in this sense. If we were going off the quality of the game itself we would see games like the EKU overtime victory make the list (oof). That obviously will not be the case.

Some of the factors that will play into the ranking of the 10 games will be the importance of these games, the events following each game the quality of the game, and which games were the biggest in progressing Kentucky’s football program into what it is today.

Starting tomorrow, be on the lookout for the tenth-best game of the Mark Stoops era.

Does anybody have any guesses on what number 10 will be?

Article written by Brent Wainscott

Twitter: @BrentWainscott_

10 Comments for Countdown to Kickoff: The 10 Best Games of the Mark Stoops Era starting Tomorrow

1. down54187092
    9:27 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

5 of them will be against South Carolina. Lol

2. DelrayCat
    9:43 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

Ending the streak has got to be #1. Penn State #2….The Lamar fumble game vs UL and that cold-ass game vs. Tenn a couple of years ago also quickly come to mind.

• DelrayCat
      9:51 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

and the win at Missouri last year…those have to be 5 of the 10.

• mashburnfan1
      10:57 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

Gotta think the field goal as time expired to beat Miss St is top 10 along with the ones you listed. A USC game has to be in there as well, maybe more than 1 of them. Even could have a loss in there, UGA kicked a fg to beat us as time expired 3 years ago but we played right with them as we were tied when they kicked the fg to win. No matter as at UF has to be 1 and Citrus Bowl at 2.

3. weneedpitino
    9:46 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

11 wins this year, and 12 the next. Go cats, and go 11 win seasons!!

• Skooms
      6:24 am August 21, 2019 Permalink

Welcome back Weneed!! Long time no post buddy, howya been??

• weneedpitino
      9:12 am August 21, 2019 Permalink

Well hi skooms, my ol ksr commenter friend I have been well, hope you have to. I’ve been devoting my time trying to start a lawn dart club for the local middle school kids. Go cats, and go lawn darts!!

4. blueblue
    10:03 pm August 20, 2019 Permalink

We know what #1 and #2 will be. Just not for sure in which order. The streak breaker against Florida and the Citrus Bowl win over Penn St. As long as that is #1 and #2, then I don’t care which order. Both were MAJOR victories.

5. weneedpitino
    9:13 am August 21, 2019 Permalink

6. JoshtheCATSfan
    10:32 am August 21, 2019 Permalink

I am going to say #10 is either the 2014 win over South Carolina or Vanderbilt. It was the first couple of wins Stoops had over SEC teams.