Confession: I can’t stop trolling Louisville fans

I have a problem and I’m very aware of it, yet I have no intentions of getting rid of it.

The problem?

Not being able to stop making fun of Louisville for losing to Kentucky last Saturday.

Today, the official Twitter account of UofL Football blocked me on Twitter (what took so long?) for responding to its poll. It asked fans to pick one of Lamar Jackson’s four most Heisman-worthy plays, but I nominated a fifth: the Heisman pose and fumble.

Blocked.

My response?

So let me ask you, Big Blue Nation — is it time to move on? Or can we taunt Louisville for just a little while longer? Let’s say, at least until the bowl game is announced?

I’ll be honest: I couldn’t stop if I wanted to. It’s probably immature, I know, but I just can’t stop rubbing it in their faces. I hate them that much, and find it that funny that they BLEW IT.

This is so much fun!

(Fake video: Not real life)

Okay I’ll stop soon. I promise.

But probably not.

Article written by Drew Franklin

38 Comments for Confession: I can’t stop trolling Louisville fans

1. memphis
    3:11 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

The way I see it, you’ve got until the morning of November 25, 2017 to troll.

2. Mathlete
    3:16 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Stop trolling Louisville when they win the Governor’s Cup back (I’m assuming that we’ll eventually lose because the law of averages says so, but preferably not for a few decades)

3. ukjaybrat
    3:17 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

how long did they they shove it in our faces when they beat us in basketball? and then won the championship?

• Rixter
      8:46 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

I don’t remember how long they trolled.
      I don’t remember them beating us in basketball.

4. david8577
    3:23 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Drew, someone has to do this, and you are the best man for the job. You were born for #TheHeismanPoseAndFumble. You be you man, you be you.

5. playmorezeppelin
    3:23 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

They can’t read anyway.

6. Kat4Life
    3:25 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

I absolutely LOVE your approach…….no need to change from my POV…….Jefferson County is probably out of malt liquor and Kool menthols…….been a stressful week for the dirty bird faithful…….

7. KYcats11
    3:29 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Hell no! Keep doing it at least for the next year!

8. fauxbobknight
    3:30 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

So you are the Dan Dakich of KSR?

9. really
    3:32 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Keep on keepin’ on

10. EdC
    3:32 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

I think you are going to get the electoral college and majority on this one. Keep going.

11. runningunnin.454
    3:34 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Hate to tell them; but, this is….forever.

12. secrick
    3:37 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

No don’t stop Drew i know i am not.

13. Booby Petrino
    4:19 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Yesterday was my first day at the office since the game. I was looking forward to making a couple of comments to a Louisville fan coworker. But before I had the chance, someone else had already said something so when I walked in his office he was already cussing about how UK fans won’t leave home alone and he was sick of it. So I just quietly tiptoed away, but at least I know he had to hear it from others #hemad

14. LisaInLexington
    4:22 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m crying with laughter that they blocked you from their account!!! Keep it up!

#TheyMad

15. Bozferatu
    4:30 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Trolling UofL is so much fun. Boss is a big UK fan in a relatively split office. Sent out a memo Monday, forbidding the sales staff from wearing red anymore. Said he was “… afraid wearing red would effect your ability to finish and close out big sales.”

• ukgags86
      5:18 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Your boss should be commended. That is a fantastic way to make a point about closing the quarter / year strong and completely back the bus over the L1C4 crowd at the same time. Living in ACC country, I will have to think of something similar leading up to and or after the UK/UNC basketball game. Maybe even troll my NCState employees with a few Bam / Flintstones references.

16. BigBlueSkyDog
    4:34 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Trolling UL is in season 24/7/365. (366 since this is a Leap year) . Keep the hammer down, Drew.

17. dshwildcats
    5:15 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Drew,

Hammer them as frequently, and as long as you like, brother!! I’ve been following college football in general, and Kentucky Football specifically, for 45 years now. I’ve been to a game at “The Big House” in Ann Arbor. Because of my Ohio State friends/relations, I’ve also attended several games at “The Horseshoe”. I’ve been to Neyland Stadium numerous times. I’ve been to games at Bryant-Denny, Jordan Hare and Sanford Stadium as well; and with the exception of the Ohio State fans, I’ve never come across a more obnoxious, arrogant group of college football fans!!

Of course, there’s also the fact that fans of “The ‘Ville” are probably the biggest bunch of “Johnny-come-lately” fans in all of college football! Ask the average Louisville Football fan to tell you something about Louisville Football before 1985, and you’ll get a “deer in the headlights” look! Ran across a Louisville fan online a few years back that was bashing Lee Corso for something he had said about Louisville on College Game Day that she didn’t like. She was ranting that Corso needed to keep his mouth shut because he knew nothing about Louisville Football. I promptly replied to her that Corso had been the Louisville Football coach for 4 seasons, and had a 28-11 record there when he left to take the Indiana job.

The Louisville Football fans deserve all the grief they’re getting, and then some! Give it to ‘em, Drew!!

18. UK Big Bored Update
    5:17 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Is it time to move on?

Hell no.

We’re just gettin’ started, bro!

19. J-Dub421
    5:19 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Keep it up Drew! Their fans are still whining and incredulous about how they can’t believe their awesome powerful U of L team lost to a “sh*t team” like UK.

• dshwildcats
      7:32 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub421,

You’re right, brother! The Louisville fans are still in a state of shock; and, the incessant whining makes it that much better! Lol!! I said it in another post, but it bears repeating. When your players, coaches and fan base totally disrespect an opponent, outcomes like Saturday’s at the “Pizza Palace” are going to happen. I believe their players, just like their fans, thought they could just show up Saturday, and Kentucky was going to roll over and play dead because they were facing “The ‘Ville”. The fact that Kentucky played the Cards to a 4 point game two years ago in PJCS, and had them down 21-0 in the 1st half last year at CWS, seemed to escape the memory of the Louisville fan base. They spend all of this time telling us how bad Kentucky Football sucks, and how they’re going to beat us by 40 or 50 points when the teams meet; but fact of the matter is, they really haven’t dominated Kentucky in a game since Joker’s last year (2012).

If Alabama is at one end of the college football spectrum, and Kentucky is toward the end of the spectrum, Louisville is closer to the Kentucky end than it is the Alabama end, and therein lies the problem. Louisville fans see their program at a much higher level than it really is. If they are truly one of the elite college football programs like they want everyone to believe, then they should dominate such a “doormat” program like Kentucky when the two go head-to-head!

• Rixter
      8:57 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

“Louisville fans see their program at a much higher level than it really is”
      DSH, you are exactly right, And they have for YEARS!, ever since Howard Schnellenberger famously lisped those words about ‘collishen coursh with a nashional schampionship’
      U of L fans get a comeuppance more often than any other fan base in America.

20. BluKudzu
    6:42 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Life is good.

21. callen14
    6:56 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

I am an old, old lady, and I promise you that I will look back on this week as one of the best of my life (the Stevie Got Loose Week was really good, too). I just wish that all UK fans knew how disgusting it is to live in Louisville and have to put up with their fans. I couldn’t wait to retire, move to Lexington, and enjoy life. Keep up the good work, Drew! Cat fans love it, and Cardinal fans deserve it. L’s down!

• Rixter
      9:00 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

It is disgusting to live among them, I know.. I’m here too. What makes it worthwhile are times like this!

22. blueballs80
    7:54 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

For a a athletic school that thrives on hookers and infidelity, i say carry on. This cant be worse than that.

23. CATandMONKEY
    8:48 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

The cover Photoshop is truly epic. A classic photo, I thought could not be improved.
    Bravo. Keep it up until next season.
    I suspect the Basketball season will provide even more fodder.

• Joey s
      10:48 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Wtf totally disagree. The picture needs to go away. It’s against better judgment to use inflammatory bad pictures habitually. We will never be better because they ‘look funny’ (insert cretinous laughter).

Classy cats. Come on.

• ukjaybrat
      7:57 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

“inflammatory bad pictures”

There’s nothing inflammatorily bad about that picture it’s just a group of pathetic white boys trying to act all cool. and now they have sad jordan faces

24. fireants25
    9:00 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Hahahaha love it Drew! keep it up lol Petrino is so hatable

• Joey s
      10:56 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Conversely, love the petrino bit. He is sleazy and well-paid so add neck brace every time…

25. JKyle
    9:53 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

I say you have 22 more days to troll them about the football loss, then you can stop and start trolling about losing in basketball, (again!).

26. Catlogic15
    10:40 pm December 1, 2016 Permalink

Don’t give up.
    Don’t ever give up.

• ukjaybrat
      7:58 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

greatest speech of all time.

27. Don Kean
    12:34 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Do what you will Drew. Your way is fine. I personally prefer a bit more slithery approach. I prefer to wait for them to make the first misstep, (which they almost always do),. They usually open their mouth first. That is when I pounce. I refer to their home field as JAMES GRAHAM BROWN CARDINAL STADIUM. It astounds me that a majority of them don’t get what I mean and ask what I am talking about. I then simply explain to them that they ought to at least have the decency to give credit to the entity that really funded their football stadium. I have NEVER seen anything that infuriates them more, much less ends the conversation leaving them speechless. Have fun with it. I know I do. Furthermore, even if they do manage to pull an upset in the KFC SCAM CENTER this year in basketball I respond by telling them that it might not even count. I am finding as time rolls on that UL fans don’t like to talk sports with me. Gee whiz, I wonder why?

• dshwildcats
      6:50 am December 2, 2016 Permalink

Don Kean,

That is funny, and awesome, brother!! Just like Drew, keep giving ’em hell!! For years, I’ve listened to a large segment of the Louisville fan base refer to Kentucky fans as drunk, uneducated, toothless rednecks.

There are some very classy Cardinal fans out there that I know personally; have a great deal of respect for; and, can sit and have a civil conservation with when it comes to Kentucky and Louisville. Unfortunately, those Louisville fans are the minority.

For someone who grew up a Kentucky Football fan in Louisville in the early and mid 70s, and watched Louisville fans crawl out of the woodwork to suddenly become huge Cardinal Football fans as the program began to have some success, Saturday’s win was especially satisfying!