Commonwealth Stadium is Transforming Into Kroger Field with New Signage

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

When UK announced a new partnership on May 1 with Kroger to rename Commonwealth Stadium Kroger Field, they unveiled the picture above, replacing the signage that stood since the renovation in the late 90s close the end zones.  That signage was just a photoshop, not a final product.

For the first time, we can see what the stadium will look like as Kroger Field.  Take a look at the North side of the stadium, nearest to BCTC and opposite of the press box and Nutter Football Training Facility.

@DanPauley14

Pauley’s picture is the first look at the physical changes being made to introduce Kroger Field.  I’m sure we’ll see a few more before the first home game kicks-off on September 9 against Eastern Kentucky.

UPDATE: That was just the start. Jen Smith has provided the internet with another look of the sign, now completed.

p

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

6 Comments for Commonwealth Stadium is Transforming Into Kroger Field with New Signage

1. chris43
    7:13 pm July 24, 2017 Permalink

Kroger Field where opponents come to get tagged and bagged baby! 😎

2. stratblend
    8:15 pm July 24, 2017 Permalink

I’m trying to get on board with naming rights. But can we all agree this looks absolutely bush league?
    I’ll still pull for my cats no matter what the do to the exterior of the building, but at least use the Kroger logo in some way.

3. bbanks81
    8:27 pm July 24, 2017 Permalink

Wow, I knew this could possibly look bad,, but that looks absolutely horrible. Could they not even use the Kroger Logo? Hopefully this is just one part of the signage to come. If not, I want to know who decided on the 1987 High School Stadium lettering. C’mon man!

4. MoronicLoser
    8:53 pm July 24, 2017 Permalink

Pretty disappointed at the new signage for Kroger Field. Looks rookie! If I were Kroger, I’d hire one of the mural painters downtown for $50 and let them have their way with it.

5. PatGLex
    9:13 am July 25, 2017 Permalink

That first photo had me thinking they were going to have a blue “K” and the “roger” in white, which I thought was pretty cool . . . ah well.

6. JTHinton
    1:11 pm July 25, 2017 Permalink

Won’t the playing field have Kroger logo on it