Chris Westry gave Dak Prescott his First Pick of the Year

UK needs a big play or two from C-Dub. (Jim Edmonds | USA Today)

Jim Edmonds | USA Today

Jim Edmonds | USA Today

The one silver lining of today’s game nearly set up a score to take the lead.  I don’t want to think about having to settle for a field goal, only to miss it, instead of getting seven to take the lead.  I just wanna think about Westry’s fantastic play.

Pretty nice right?  It was a little underthrown by Prescott, but nonetheless, a great play while falling away from the true freshman.  The interception helped preserve Andre Woodson’s SEC record for consecutive passes without an interception.  Woodson was appreciative of Westry’s services.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

7 Comments for Chris Westry gave Dak Prescott his First Pick of the Year

1. ccc
    11:45 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

Great play. But that was about it.

2. KSR
    11:45 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

We gave a QB an interception….at least we didn’t suck his balls on every other play!

3. JD
    11:52 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

You can put lipstick on a pig…but its still a pig.

4. Master Baiter
    12:05 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

Whooopiiiii!!!!!!!! Like that matters.

5. Wow
    12:19 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

I think this was the defining play in the game that turned the momentum our way and allowed us to win the game. Wait….never mind

6. krautdog
    1:07 pm October 25, 2015 Permalink

I guess this WAS our statement game!

7. M. T. Pockets
    3:30 pm October 25, 2015 Permalink

I have waited this long to comment because I think one shouldn’t make any judgements until at least mid-season. and here is my grades for for this period. O-Line – S D-Line – S Coaching – S Quarterback -S and one unmentioned receiver – S

S = Sucks

when 4 men manhandles 5, they suck when 5 men can’t handle handle 4, they suck when a coach has 10 men on the field in a punting situation, that speaks for it’s self. when a coach ices his own field goal kicker and costs his team 3 badly needed points, that speaks for it’s self. when the quarterback says the same thing every week, ” it’s my fault, it’s on me, I have to get better “, yet never does and does the same thing week after week, that sucks…..

and before anyone starts hating on me, I have been a fan for over 50 years, and have seen this same thing year after year, yet have remained a steadfast follower ….so if you haven’t been one for at least 25 years, please keep quiet.

yes, stoops has recruited some excellent talent, but remember this, buying a knife doesn’t make you a chef.