We are still 14 weeks away from the opening of the 2017 college football season, but the oddsmakers in Las Vegas have already released the odds for the first weekend of games.

The Wildcats will head down to Hattiesburg, MS on September 2nd to take on the Southern Miss Golden Eagles as 13 1/2 point favorites.

As you all are well aware, Kentucky was handed a gut wrenching loss to the Golden Eagles on opening night last year, sparking angst throughout the commonwealth. The two weeks following that game were…. rough.

They’ll surely head down to Hattiesburg with a chip on their shoulder with a blowout in mind to make up for last year, right?

What do you guys think of the opening line?

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

15 Comments for CFB week one odds are in… Wildcats open as two-score favorites against Southern Miss

1. BobNWeaver
    11:29 am May 26, 2017 Permalink

I think we win, but I think Vegas bets the line down.

2. jdarren1963
    11:51 am May 26, 2017 Permalink

I think we might cover this but I will wait until it’s bet down.

3. MakersMike
    11:58 am May 26, 2017 Permalink

I think I’m about to make a small fortune off the Cats.

4. CVL123
    12:03 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

Da Cats! But I will say dis….Snell will be held to under 8 touchdowns.

• AllBlueAllDay
      12:27 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

Ha yeah right… Snell Yeah is getting at least 9 tds against USM.

5. GroundControlToNumber9
    12:31 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

So when Southern Miss runs for 300 yards… who can we blame it on this time?

Yes, I will keep pushing the button until a Kentucky defense shows it can consistently stop the run. I’ve watched 35 years in a row where they can’t (including last year).

Turn the corner KY. Turn the damn corner for once!

• timewilltell
      1:55 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

Ditto

• Brian in Franklin
      10:50 am May 27, 2017 Permalink

The difference this time is we will util5the the undiscovered battering ram known as Benjamin Snell JR. We can control the tempo allowing the defense the rest to perform for 4 quarters. Remember, Benny didn’t even sniff the field in game 1 last year, and we had a different game plan which reflected the personnel packages. Stoops knows Gran now, where he didn’t have full trust last year. This is not nearly the same comparison as last year. Sept 9 the boys come home 1-0!

• Brian in Franklin
      11:16 am May 27, 2017 Permalink

*Utilize*

6. stoopstroops
    1:12 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

Is there a max bet on this.
    We gonna beat them by 20+

7. 2Dogs
    1:22 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

It all depends if Shannon Dawson has a good quarterback. When he does he’s typically a good coordinator.

8. maximumscott
    2:07 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

This team gonna surprise alot of people.

9. woohop1
    3:54 pm May 26, 2017 Permalink

“LOVE IS BLIND”. I, too believe this year will be different. I’ve said that since 1952 when I attended my first game. However, more likely , than not, we will field a team not quite ready for Prime Time which will start slow and pull out a narrow victory. Now……you might think this would be a poor performance to start the season…….no…..our really bad starting performances those like last year and our performance versus Eastern…….not superior and lucky to win. I’ll take any sort of victory opening this year………..one point or 13 1/2 points. Get the cobwebs out and the bad memories disappear. GBB!

10. buzzard
    8:46 am May 27, 2017 Permalink

we’re supposed to be SEC…just win the game