CBS Sports’ Rick Neuheisel: “I think Kentucky has a chance to be in Atlanta”

© Mark Zerof

© Mark Zerof

© Mark Zerof

Kentucky is 4-3 with a real chance to essentially clinch bowl eligibility this weekend against Missouri. Although Missouri is favored by five, CBS Sports’ “Inside College Football” crew went all in on Kentucky to win this weekend, picking the Cats over the Tigers as one of their upset picks of the week.

“It’s real simple, in college football, the trend is your friend,” Aaron Taylor said. “And the trend for the Missouri Tigers is that they’re going down. The trend for the Kentucky Wildcats is that they’ve been rejuvenated and invigorated,” Taylor said. “I like the Kentucky Wildcats over the Missouri Tigers.”

Host Rick Neuheisel not only agreed, he went as far to say he thinks Kentucky could make the SEC Championship in Atlanta.

“I’m with you, I’m on Kentucky,” Neuheisel said. “I think Kentucky has found a little answer, I think they’ve got a little juice on offense, and I think Kentucky has a chance to be in Atlanta.”

Let’s just beat Missouri first, okay?

By the way, If that guy on the left (Brian Jones) looks familiar, it’s because he was the one who called UK a junior college team after the loss to Florida:

Sadly, the video doesn’t include any of his thoughts on how the Cats are doing these days. To see it for yourself, click here.

15 Comments for CBS Sports’ Rick Neuheisel: “I think Kentucky has a chance to be in Atlanta”

1. Neal Orac
    1:47 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

I used to defend Stoops and Barnhardt. No longer. You guys explained my flaws.

2. Neal Orac
    1:48 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

All in on UK basketball. I really wanted to root for UK Football due to being from Kentucky, Buy KSR shit all over it.

3. ClutchCargo
    1:52 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

I know this is likely not going to happen, but if you had told me after 2 games this season we would be seeing football headlines like this, I would say you had lost your damn mind. I definitely can see this team winning at least 2 more regular season games.

4. KY Fisher
    1:59 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

I think the guy was actually pretty kind to us by using the junior college terminology. I though we looked more like a jv team.

5. sincitycat
    2:05 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

We will be in Catlanta the next time the SEC basketball tournament is held there…that said, beat Missouri!

6. az1006
    2:08 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

As the calendar moves to November this weekend, I’m more on board with Kentucky football than I was in August. Awesome feeling. Go Cats!

7. Sentient Third Eye
    2:16 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

It probably won’t happen, but the Cats winning the east would really not be any more strange than Florida winning it last year with a very average team. Last year, they caught all the breaks and played a lot of people at exactly the right times to get the wins, and they somehow won the east. It happens sometimes. Something that unlikely probably won’t happen two years in a row, which doesn’t bode well for our odds of making Atlanta, but it does sometimes happen. It’s cool just to be in the conversation with three conference games remaining for once.

8. BluKudzu
    2:33 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

I have criticized greatly the direction of this team, and knowing our fortunes live or die with defense. When Stoops took over, there was only one direction for the D to go. Too bad it was not done sooner, but I knew we had the players to compete, just did not have the DC to make it happen. I am not sure about Atlanta, but I am sure this team, is not the same team, that played in the first three games.
    Go CATS!

9. UK Fan In Nashville
    2:43 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

The spread is now Mizzou -7. Sheesh!

10. Laker Cat 18
    2:51 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

Here is how it sits. If we beat Missouri, we will most likely become bowl eligible. If we lose to Missouri, our backs will be squarely against the wall against Georgia. This is a MUST WIN game. I don’t see a likely scenario where we lose this game and go to a bowl.

• Laker Cat 18
      2:52 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

As good as this season has been and currently looks, we are simply just par for the course at the moment.

11. runningunnin.454
    3:14 pm October 28, 2016 Permalink

It’s now sort of official…..They’re saying “theres a chance”.