It was an exciting day as a lot of former Cats saw the field for the first tim on Sunday that we haven’t seen in a while. The injury bug plagued a few former Cats, while one is out for the rest of the season. Keep reading to see what all you missed on a busy football Sunday.
Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
– Cobb has seven receptions for a total of 96 yards in the Packers 21-13 loss to the Bills.
John Conner, New York Jets
– John Conner was drafted by the Jets in 2010 as a 5th round pick. After playing a season for the Giants last year, Conner returned to his former team this season.
– Conner scored his first touchdown on the season on a nine-yard pass late in the third quarter to give the Jets a 10-8 lead over the Titans.
Stevie Johnson, San Francisco 49ers
– Johnson did not play in the 49ers game against the Seahawks due to a knee injury that ruled him out of practice all week.
Ricky Lumpkin, Oakland Raiders
– In his first season with the Raiders, Lumpkin recorded his first QB sack of his NFL career in the Raiders 31-13 loss to the Chiefs.
– Lumpkin recorded a total of five tackles; four solo and one assist
Tim Masthay, Gren Bay Packers
– Masthay punted six times for a total of 257 yards
– His longest punt came in at 63 yards and one was downed inside the 20-yard line
Corey Peters, Atlanta Falcons
– Peters had one assisted tackle in the Falcons 27-20 loss to the Steelers.
Alfonso Smith, San Francisco 49ers
– Injuries to Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde allowed Smith to see some action the in 49ers 17-7 loss to the Seahawks. Smith rushed for a total of 6 yards in his four carries.
Jacob Tame, Denver Broncos
– Tamme was ruled out of the Broncos game due to a rib injury that has him listed as day to day. The Broncos defeated the Chargers 22-10.
Danny Trevathan, Denver Broncos
– After going down in the second half, it was announced today that Trevathan is done for the rest of the season with a dislocated knee cap. Read more about it here.
– The Broncos clinched their fourth straightAFC West title.
Wesley Woodyard, Tennessee Titans
– Woodyard has three combined tackles (one solo and two assists) in the Titans 16-11 loss to the Jets.
– Woodyard was flagged for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct late in the fourth quarter to give the Jets a first down who went on to score the go-ahead touchdown. Watch the skirmish here.
Avery Williamson, Tennessee Titans
– Williamson had four solo tackles in the Titans loss.