Bye Week Blues: What to Watch With The Cats At Home

Well the Cats have a bye week and we enter the no man’s land of the college football season. It’s too late in the year for marquee non-conference matchups and it’s too early in the year for Conference play to be going full force. Still there will be a lot of football to be played today with several games holding major implications for the Cats. So sit back, relax, and enjoy these games while the Cats are at home:

Florida Vs Tennessee

While the best outcome in this game would be a Bane-esque sinkhole opening up to swallow both teams we will have to schedule for a little bit of scouting. After losing in week 2 to an unranked Miami team Florida finally looks susceptible to an upset. Tennessee is coming off one of the worst losses in the history of the school as they rebuild under Butch Jones. There is a chance Kentucky could find a way to win against both of these teams and in order to know if that is a legit possibility this game will provide a bunch of answers. Is Florida as bad offensively as they have appeared over the last year? Can we get Will Muschamp fired? The answers to those questions will start to be resolved tomorrow.

Arizona St Vs. Stanford

I know, I know who really cares about Pac-10 football. Normally, not me. However this game is the only match-up of two top 25 teams as the number 23 Arizona State Sun Devils travel to take on the fifth ranked Cardinal of Stanford. Surprisingly, since Jim Harbaugh made the leap to the NFL Stanford has remained relevant in college football.  ASU probably shouldn’t be ranked after the refs gave them a victory against Wisconsin. Come for the only ranked game stay for the smoking hot ladies of Arizona State.

North Dakota St. Vs. Delaware St

No, you’re not seeing things College Gameday is really heading to Fargo, ND to watch one FCS school beat down another. Still check out the awesome environment inside the Fargodome

And watch NDSU, who are back to back FCS champs and hold a win over K-State, put on a football clinic. Should be a fun blowout to watch

Other games of note:

Mack Brown coaching for his job against K-State

What games will you be watching today?

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

14 Comments for Bye Week Blues: What to Watch With The Cats At Home

1. Delk for 3
    11:40 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

I think Mich St. vs. Notre Dame is a somewhat interesting game. Utah vs. BYU is as well. Also, am interested to see if Arkansas can go in and make it 4-0 at Rutgers.

2. jd
    12:04 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

How does an fcs school get a dome to play in?

3. cmonman
    12:05 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

2011 called, it wants its name for the Pac-12 back.

4. IN state
    12:22 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

who says kentucky doesn’t produce quality in state recruits…. # 7 louisville leads the nation in the number of in state recruits on their roster.

5. clancyhat
    12:41 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

IN state – are you sure – that can’t possibly be right, can it ? Unless you are saying that Louisville is in Florida

6. TDog
    1:06 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

Unless their was an overnight name change pretty sure it’s the PAC-12.

@4. Who said Louisville is a quality opponent? Their only good player is Bridgewater.

7. STEVE!
    1:11 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

Florida dominated Miami in all aspects of the game – except the score. 5 turnovers will do that to you. I expect them to clean that up today and next week.

8. tynabb
    2:23 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

Who new their were people in North Dakota?? Man that looks like an awesome place to play

9. 2, they had that dome even when thet were D2. When Hal Mumme was at UK, Dave Baker asked him in the pregame about playing in a loud stadium (we were playing LSU that day/night) and Mumme said “Dave, you’re gonna think I’m crazy, but you know the loudest stadium I’ve been in? It’s the dome at North Dakota State. The fans start stomping on those aluminim seats…”

As for how they afford it, I guess you go out and raise the money when you have winters like they do! I’ve been by that stadium in a December before on the way to Canada (wifey is from Winnipeg), and needless to say, the temp was brutal. It’s flat prairie and so there is a severe wind chill.

BTW, we stopped to eat dinner in Grand Forks, and I actually saw American Indians wearing North Dakota Fighting Sioux shirts, yet the PC NCAA forces them to change their nickname because they know best. Ridiculous.

10. BluKudzu
    3:52 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

Watching Florida and UT. Florida is looking good. Real good.

11. BluKudzu
    3:58 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

BluKudzu kiss of death UT 7 Gators 0

12. Free Games
    4:39 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all important
    infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

13. ColoradoCat
    5:03 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

This UT-UF game has been a blast to watch!

14. RealCatsFan
    8:48 pm September 21, 2013 Permalink

So if I am a UL fan, do I want to see UK beat UF to help UL’s SOS, or do I want to see UF prevail for fear that a loss to UK would get Mushchamp fired and cause Florida to come after CCS?

Then again, if I am a UL fan, do I get “L1C4” tattoed on my neck, or a bird with teeth tramp stamp?