Bud Dupree wants a sack for all 13 of his dogs

USA Today

USA Today

Bud Dupree finished his second season in the NFL on a high note as he played well in the teams’s 3 post-season games, most notably delivering a memorable hit on the Miami quarterback Matt Moore in the divisional round. The former Kentucky standout is looking to have a breakout season as he is finally fully healthy and comfortable in his role as edge rusher.

Dupree recently sat down with ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler and discussed his love for pit-bulls, he currently lives with 6 of his dogs while he has 7 other dogs that he includes in his family that he found new homes for.

Dupree has been around the pit-bull breed since he was six years old and knows that there is a certain stigma that surrounds pit bulls.

“People think of pit bulls, they think they should be scared, my dogs get along with kids. They are like companion dogs; you can lay with them. I keep my nieces and nephews around my dogs all the time. They play rough with me, but when they see the kids, they get timid.”

Dupree wants to get a sack for each one of his 13 dogs this season, “It’s just for the love, really”.

Article written by Eli Mitchell

University of Kentucky Class of 2020

21 Comments for Bud Dupree wants a sack for all 13 of his dogs

1. gobble gobble
    2:03 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Pit bulls are THE MOST loving dog breed

2. BigBlueBass
    2:52 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

The most loving… 😂😂😂😂😂😂… pit bull defenders are consistent I’ll give y’all that…

3. Cletis75
    3:17 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

I like to think I am a nice guy, but I have a bad day every now and then. So do pit bulls. And it only takes a bad couple of seconds for one of those dogs to change your life. One bite from one of those dogs can kill you or definitely a child. A friend of my family grew up raising pits and did so for 30 years. When he buried his son, he finally admitted that he was was the dumba$$ not everyone else.

• gobble gobble
      6:49 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

You guys are completely ignorant… you have no clue what you’re talking about. My entire family pretty much works as a vet (my uncle being one of the most well-regarded vets in this region of the US), vet tech, or what have you, and all of them will tell you about pitbulls and their unfair bad stgma. Pitbulls get a bad rep bc these are some of the strongest, most athletic dog breeds. Therefore, di(% head breeders like the friend of your fams, raise them to be fighting dogs. People train pitbulls to kill… but no more than you can train any other decent sized dog. Any dog is capable of snapping, no matter the breed… pitbulls are no more or less likely than any other dogs. You’re family friend was prbly a POS and took shitty care of the dog. Not only are pitbulls THE most loving and affectionate breed I’ve come across, but they also have a higher IQ than many of the Trump voting bigot hillbillies on this site. Much like the 2 ignorant rednecks who commented above.

• ready4nineNOW
      6:50 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Im sorry for your friends experience. However, in my experience, some people treat their pit bulls differently than they would other dogs. Not in a good way. And any dog that is treated rough and violent will do the same. ANY larger breed dog can kill. It very rarely is purely the pit bulls fault when something bad happens. Havent rottweilers and dobermans all had this stigma at times in recent decades. All are good dogs if treated right and if handlers dont put them in situations they know agitates them. My dog bit 2 people that thought it was smart to impose on her territory, and she didnt know them. And shes a 12 pound mut. Dogs are animals and should be respected as such. But pir bulls are not the problem.

4. gobble gobble
    7:03 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Ready4nineNOW knows wassup

5. BigBlueBass
    7:10 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Let’s see… how many kids have Labs, pointers, setters & other dogs used for hunting?

Exactly I’ll wait for your answer. I’ll check back in a few years.

• gobble gobble
      7:13 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Hunting?? Who ever said anything about hunting, moron??

• gobble gobble
      7:14 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

BigBlueBass… if you’re capable of reading, even slightly literate, you should check out the articles posted above.

6. gobble gobble
    7:11 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

I suggest that BigBlueBass and Clit… I mean Clitus expand their extremely small minds^^^

• gobble gobble
      7:12 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Hunting?? Who ever said anything about hunting, moron??

7. BigBlueBass
    9:00 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Gobble gobble you must be wobble wobble by now….

8. AGSlater
    9:11 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Still not sure why people think owning a pitbull makes you seem hardcore. Especially black people. Thats why its the #1 sheltered/ euthanized dog because all these gangstas abuse dogs for social status.

9. gobble gobble
    9:17 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

It’s so sad how many ignorant rednecks we have in the UK fanbase… makes the rest of the UK fans look bad. Just realize, everyone is laughing at you… not with you

• AGSlater
      9:34 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

The truth hurts. Open your eyes hippie

• gobble gobble
      11:18 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

What truth do you speak of? Do you even know how to form an argument? Sorry, that was a dumb question… of course you don’t. How about instead of speaking blindly and ignorantly you educate yourself on facts. It’s really not that difficult to do a little research. For instance, if you google redneck, you’ll learn that the former is a poor, uneducated, ignorant bigot who caint read guud

10. BigBlueBass
    9:49 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Aaaawwww shucks gobble .. dem der words don’t hurt me to much I reckon….

11. gobble gobble
    11:22 pm August 6, 2017 Permalink

Has anyone in here seen the movie, Idiocracy??

12. ekywildcat
    5:39 pm August 7, 2017 Permalink

Pit Bulls are great, until they chew your face off.