Bud Dupree vs. Steven Borden in the first round of the Kickoff Music Playoff

UK needs your help picking a song for kickoff in the football season opener and you can do your part in the selection process by voting in the first matchup of the music bracket this morning. It’s Bud Dupree versus Steven Borden in the first showdown of the Kickoff Playoff and it’s up to you to decide whose song of choice will advance to the next round.

Dupree nominated Crime Mob’s “Knuck If You Buck,” a timeless classic that encourages listeners to knuck, if they are indeed buck. Borden, on the other hand, would like to hear Skrillex’s “Scatta.”

Head over to the BBNFirst website to hear the songs and place your vote. Mine goes to Bud in this one because that Scatta song makes my head hurt.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Bud Dupree vs. Steven Borden in the first round of the Kickoff Music Playoff

1. 44 Stitches
    11:07 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

My vote went to Crime Mob.

2. timefor9
    11:16 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

I’ll be damned if “Knuck If You Buck” is played in Commonwealth Stadium. We are not the University of Louisville.

• Crime Mob
      11:35 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

I voted for it 37 times just to make you angry.

3. WEEZUS
    11:46 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

Ya’ll need to vote knuck if you buck – Lil Wayne doe fa real. Me and Mack Maine go hard

4. Roofus Howls
    11:56 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

Borden should have gone with “A Man Called Sting”. Family first.

5. Fratrick fratterson
    11:57 am July 22, 2014 Permalink

Listen to scatta by skrillex, then imagine the look on every old white person at cws’s face when they hear that. You can’t not vote for it, it’d be priceless

6. Dusten
    12:03 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

“a timeless classic that encourages listeners to knuck, if they are indeed buck”
    Hahaha
    I hadn’t looked but I knew at this point this was a Drew Franklin post. Classic.

7. Ryan
    12:04 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

I think Steve Borden goes over on Bud Dupree on this one

8. bluemanchew
    12:20 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Glad to see we are back on topic today. Instead of trolling for hits. I went with borden’s song mostly because I don’t like songs that repeat the same line constantly. Looking into the future the winner will be who wins out of encore and we ready.

9. Say Wha?
    12:34 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Heck yeah! Knuck if you Buck! Get that place hoppin! All those old a$$ blue hairs can shove it. Make the games fun! End all the Bon Jovi crap!

10. bluetadabone
    12:41 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

I vote for neither. Playing crap such as this is one of the reasons CWS has failed to be sold out, in recent years. A more appropriate song would be, “Old Folks at Home”, since that’s where the over 40 crowd will be, if these are examples of the music that will be played. How the heck do you start a tradition? If you have to start a tradition, you don’t have one!!

• party pooper
      12:55 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

You can tell by your post that you have not been to any SEC road games or a NFL or NBA game either for that matter. You should get out and live more and loosen up pops.

11. bluetadabone
    1:23 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Hey ole Party Pooper Scooper! I have attended SEC road games, bowl games, and NFL games. I have noted the music played at the different venues. My observations have been that they have played a variety of music which appeals to a large demographic audience. I would suggest that they check the playlist at other venues, such as the NFL, etc. for ideas on choosing music. I, for one, don’t want to sit for several hours of forced listening to rap music. AS for being pops, I may be your pappy, since I used to screw around in your neighborhood.

12. party pooper
    1:56 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Obviously your reading comprehension is terrible. This vote is for the song being played at KICKOFF. So you won’t be forced to listen to rap music the entire game POPS. I like how you are a internet tough guy. It’s also amazing you think you know where I live at. Old cranky people on the internet crack me up.

13. Headache
    3:06 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Skrillex gave me a headache if lasted more than 30 seconds. (I went and played the full version of each song)

14. Cassady
    3:06 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Yo we knuckin’ and buckin’ and ready to fight! Dum De Dum -Keys and Krates would have been sick

15. Get Off My Lawn
    4:05 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

I have no idea what language you are speaking.

16. Suzanne Allen
    4:39 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

#5 I am an old white person, female to boot, and I voted for SCATTA!! So watch my face on 8/30!!!

17. Pew
    4:50 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

Skrillex sounds like someone deficating on a microphone. Steamy Ray Vaugn meets Steamy Nicks in a s#*t off.

18. Tom
    7:24 pm July 22, 2014 Permalink

WOW
    The mere excitement of this competition makes me want to go out and smack all the Tennessee Martin player right in the mouth.Heck who says Ohio won’t crawl back in the locker room and foreit. Any all this time is was the musicthzt keep us from winning.

Florida is lucky we don’t have them in Commonwealth.

This is certainly a tradition we can grab on to and ride it forever.