Boom Williams is listed as week-to-week

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Boom Williams will definitely be out for Saturday’s game at Georgia, but his status is up in the air after that. Mark Stoops said today Williams is listed as week-to-week in the injury report with the injured elbow.

In other injury news, Drew Barker is expected to return this week. He was unable to give it a go against Tennessee.

Also, George Asafo-Adjei and Darius West are banged up, but Stoops hopes to have them back this week. Joey Herrick is out with a deep bruise.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Boom Williams is listed as week-to-week

1. fatbrat
    1:00 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

After watching Horton run the ball Saturday night I am impressed. He is the only back we have that sticks his nose in there, turns his pads up field and runs with great forward lean. He will be just fine for this offense.

• Nuclearcontamination
      1:50 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Mikel Horton is a more prototypical SEC type back. He was a highly recruited 4 star running back. At 6’1″ 220 he has the size to be a every down back. Williams is going to have to take that spot back from Horton on his return.

2. Boom is a dud..
    1:21 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Really “moderating” coments that have no profanity or personal threats just cause you don’t like them! I guess this must be Russia.

• bluetwo2
      1:26 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Seems to be some bruised egos in the house. I have never seen any moderation in this blog…SMH!

3. Boom is a dud..
    1:33 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Let try again for the moderators… Boom has on many occasions run out of bounds to avoid contact. A dislocated elbow should not keep him from doing that. Soccer is a less demanding sport than football. This page needs updating because those who have the super fast connections have problems with this OLD SCHOOL site. Guess the equipment came from Russia.

• Dude Seriously
      1:50 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Calling out a college kid who played hurt last year….after he is ruled out with an injury….really?? Boom is 5’9 196. He isnt a power back. That isnt his game. I havent seen him go out of bounds once in his career if he was short of a first down. Unless your Bo Jackson trying to run over everyone isnt smart.

• carvingitup
      2:00 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

I agree with the calling out a college kid about an injury, but…….I have myself commented to buddies about Boom running out of bounds. You can’t be an elite back in the SEC doing that. The only time a back should run out of the field of play, is to stop the clock. It doesn’t mater if your 196 or 230.

• Dude Seriously
      2:10 pm November 2, 2015 Permalink

Its a fair point…I would only disagree that if you need 15….you run 22…and you can take on a 6’2 255 lb linebacker or go out of bounds….I personally dont think that is a bad play on his part. He brings an elite aspect to our backs and i just dont think it benefits us to have him take on defenders every play. Matter of opinion…