Boom Williams is back on the depth chart

5640c4b1e4b04e65a4c17154

After a gruesome elbow injury in the Tennessee game, Boom Williams is back on the UK depth chart, sharing the top spot with Mikel Horton. Also of interest: Patrick Towles is still listed as the starting quarterback, despite Mark Stoops’ comments that he’s fine starting either Towles or Barker on Saturday.

We’ll hear more from Stoops at noon.

9 Comments for Boom Williams is back on the depth chart

1. @BallBlog_Chad
    11:46 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

that will be crazy if Boom practices this week and is good to go on Saturday … can’t believe Stamps is not starting when some people have said he might be the best player on defense before the season … no Darius West on there, either

• lexwildcat
      1:46 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

West is hurt. Stamps keeps missing tackles so may as well give the Edwards some experience.

2. Teetim
    12:03 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

I am not a guy that wants to call a player out. It’s got to be so tough to compete at that level. But what has happened to the O-Line that played pretty well against a good Mizzou D-Line? Especially Kyle Meadows! I think we put Big George in there and let him learn. It can’t be worse!

3. Catsby80
    12:05 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

I cannot fathom why Ryan Timmons is still the punt returner. I still think King should be put back there.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      12:50 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

our return game is terrible, I remember everybody predicting a return TD in the opener … Timmons has been horrible, but King has not been good at kickoff returns either, not sure either of those guys is the answer right now

4. Poppschmidty
    12:37 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Didn’t TV transfer? Maybe I’m mistaken.

• J-Dub421
      12:43 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Snodgrass transferred.

5. BigBlue2U
    12:38 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

Stoops on Friday: “We opened it up and both guys competed hard. The difference was razor thin, and ultimately we’re giving Patrick the start because he’s earned it with his play on the field…”.

6. RealCatsFan
    1:17 pm November 9, 2015 Permalink

I think giving Barker the start this week might motivate Towles to elevate his game. Like the saying goes, there is no better motivator than the bench. Players can get a little bit complacent if they know that they will be the starter all the time.

That being said, I hope Barker’s teammates do a better job protecting him and having his back than they did in that dorm at EKU! 🙂