Boom still doubtful for Saturday’s game; Horton ready to carry the load

Mark Zerof | Getty Images
Mark Zerof | Getty Images

Last night, running backs coach Chad Scott said Boom Williams is day-to-day after suffering an elbow injury in the Tennessee game, but on today’s SEC Coaches Teleconference, Mark Stoops said Boom’s still doubtful for Saturday’s game vs. Georgia.

“I’m not sure where he’s at,” Stoops said of Boom. “In my mind, we have to prepare like he won’t be available for the Georgia game, but we’ll see how the week progresses. I would still list him as doubtful for this week.

Mikel Horton filled in ably during Williams’ absence in the second half, carrying the ball 14 times for 109 yards. Stoops said Horton, who is finally 100% after getting injured vs. South Carolina, will get the bulk of the carries this week.

“Boom was a big-play guy for us and we’re going to have to have somebody else step up,” Stoops said. “I’m anxious to see how [Horton] does this week because I thought he really filled in well last week when Boom went down. I’m anxious to see him be the guy this week and get the bulk of the carries.”

More of this, please.

26 Comments for Boom still doubtful for Saturday’s game; Horton ready to carry the load

1. Simple realization
    2:06 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Matt Jones will be a failure as a U.S. Congressman if he somehow weasels his way to an election victory.

Please have him espouse his view on all the major topics of today as well as if he believes in term limits.

2. somerset bill
    2:16 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

matt interacts with his constituents! (comments turned off for this post). ha

it is the picture of self delusion to think you have the stomach to run for public office and you turn off comments on your political posts.

• ukjaybrat
      2:25 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

… probably so that people like you two don’t turn everything into a political flame war that no one else on this site gives a damn about.

• somerset bill
      2:44 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

“…that no one else on this site gives a damn about.”

sounds like your beef is with matt.

• TimeForNine
      3:31 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I learned a long time ago to never listen to anyone in Somerset…they’re all idiots.

• chimichanga
      4:23 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Because anonymous cowards on here have proven they’re incapable of behave like civilized adults.

• chimichanga
      4:27 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

*behaving

3. tuxedo park
    2:31 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I have gradually found myself not wanting to check in on KSR as much, and my disinterest has pretty much paralleled Matt’s interest in a political career. Well that and Jonathon Miller posts, but I digress. I am as liberal as they come but with politics being shoved down our throats 24 hours a day I just needed the respite of UK athletics.
    Also, KSR has always been a little slapdash, valuing the quantity of posts per day vs. the quality of information within. In the past that wasn’t a big deal, as a whole you could really get some good stuff if you dug for it. Lately the quality has been dismal. I have read a handful of posts that are apparently about a former Cat’s great NBA game but with no stats whatsoever in the entire post. I just don’t get it.
    The glee over the UofL scandal was expected, but disheartening too. The school should be punished, Pitino should retire, but it’s a sad situation for all parties and it would be better for basketball in the state of Kentucky if it never happened.

• LOL
      3:13 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Matt & Co. were doing this on purpose to run people like tuxedo park, somerset bill, etc, off? Hahaha….

Its funny how many times over the years I’ve read the comments on here from (usually the same) people who threaten not to visit this site anymore, or the political articles are hurting it, and yet KSR grows in popularity more and more every day. 😉

Get over yourselves. I don’t see Matt coming to your job and telling you how to better perform it.

• Holdsteady
      3:29 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

You know who tells me how to better perform my job? My customers. What are we to KSR I ask you? Matt can do what he wants. Clicks can rise or fall, that means nothing to me…just because something is more popular does not make it better. Undiscerning members can continue to read the sloppy articles to their heart’s content while other go elsewhere.

• Bourbon Breath
      3:34 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Holdsteady I think you missed the point. “Undiscerning members can continue to read the sloppy articles to their heart’s content while other go elsewhere.” Others are not going elsewhere. They’re just coming here and complaining, which means more clicks for the site, which means more money for KSR. So, as a “customer” your complaints are just helping the site, not hurting it. The only way to hurt it is to not click on the site at all, which is obviously not what the haters are doing.

• LOL
      3:34 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Then quit threatening Matt, and DO IT!! Bye, Felicia!

• chimichanga
      4:25 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Whatever, the quality is as good as its ever been.

4. UKBlue1!
    2:32 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

First, speedy recovery to Boom.
    Second, May Horton make the most of his opportunity. Go Cats!

• bluetwo2
      2:41 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Horton has shown flashes this season of what made him a high profile 4 star recruit. If he goes on to have another impressive outing against Georgia, it will be his job to lose.

5. Uwe Blab's Perm
    2:35 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

How very brave of KSR to not have a comment section in the “will be or won’t be run” post regarding Matt and his looming bid to feed at the public trough.

Just do it already Matt you’re wearing us out with this politics nonsense. Rest assured that you too will be warped and abused by the process regardless of your intentions. You will be required to blow your party overlords and will eventually be beholden to contributors and special interests just like all the rest of the public-teat-suckling-trash that serves in our government.

Nice job, btw, of using KSR to build a public profile without ever having done anything productive besides blather about sports on the radio. You’ll make a fine public servant because they generally do nothing productive and blather about less interesting topics.

• LOL
      3:39 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

And yet, you remain. LOL

6. jman3715
    2:39 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

If Matt runs for office I will still check the website but you might as well put a fork in the radio show (which I love) because it will be done. I appreciate the effort of the other guys but Matt is what holds the show together and makes it tick as we saw when he was absent a few days back. His decision but it will be a sad day for KSR fans if he decides to run.

7. dats right
    2:57 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

To bad Mark Stoops is not doubtful we might actually win!!! that being said speedy recovery to BOOM!!

• dats wrong
      3:11 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

*Too
      *T

8. Matt ChickenCrap
    8:55 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I see KSR is chicken$het not allowing comments on the previous post about Matt running against Andy Barr. Matt knows he’ll be embarrassed with less than 30% of the vote. Hey DON”T post in the first place if your not allowing comments!

• Well...
      10:12 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

We get it – you won’t vote for Matt. Why so angry? Don’t you have a coal mine to be digging in?

• Hack
      3:02 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

yeah? where is that comment section anyway?

• Matt Chickencrap
      9:18 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Goes to show what you know. I am a democrat and would gladly vote for him. I just dislike fixing the comments section to hide your insecurities. AND sometimes I would prefer a mine to the office I am currently in.