Bobby Petrino was fired during his weekly TV show

Being fired is embarrassing.

Being fired while your weekly television show is on the air? Now that’s just brutal.

Pat Forde of Yahoo! Sports broke the news this morning that Louisville had fired Bobby Petrino, effective immediately. It wasn’t a surprise, as the Cards are currently 2-8 and haven’t won a game in seven consecutive tries. At least 20 players have already requested transfer paperwork, they’ve lost recruits, the fans have given up, etc. The timing was absolutely necessary.

But man, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and seeing that announcement on the bottom ticker with Bobby’s emotionless face in the background is just beautiful. The show is recorded prior to the official airing, but the point remains: He is “Coach Bobby Petrino” no longer.

UofL radio host Drew Deener also reports each of Petrino’s three family members have also been let go.

His son Nick was the team’s quarterbacks coach, his son-in-law L.D. Scott was the defensive line coach, and his other son-in-law Ryan Beard was the safeties coach.

In case there was any doubt, college football insider Brett McMurphy also confirmed today that Louisville will focus on Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm in their upcoming coaching search.

KSR’s Matt Jones reports that while Louisville will make a hard push for the UofL graduate, it’s not a done-deal Brohm accepts the offer.

“I am told it is far from certain he takes the job,” he said. “But in the end, it’s hard for me to see him turning down his hometown and home school.”

On that note, I’ll just leave this right here…

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

14 Comments for Bobby Petrino was fired during his weekly TV show

1. J. Did
    3:00 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Pat 4 d is no choir boy.

His bread and butter was Pitino.

And – uavel.

Petrino – fired.

D-bag.

• bigbluebanana
      3:36 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Are you okay today dude, you’re busting out lots of incoherent ramblings today. Maybe go see a doctor?

• cats646
      4:52 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Shrooms hit you hard don’t they?

2. UKfanman01
    3:02 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

How can we, of all teams, laugh at another fanbase? Doesnt make me feel any better about our garbage offensive coordinator. Maybe we can hire Petrino to teach us how to run an effective offense. Unlike Gran at least Petrino was successful at one point. Gran has had a couple of successful possessions all year

• UKfanman01
      3:03 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Go ahead and bash me. Call me what you want. I stand for my team and I cheer for them as well. And yes I watched them get smacked by a DUMPSTER FIRE TENNESSEE program! I cheered, on one good drive, and kept hope until a few minutes left. Bottom line Gran has to go

• runningunnin.454
      3:10 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Agree, enough of the UL problems; we have problems of our own, like dissension on the team.
      Hey diddle diddle, gonna run it up the middle,
      7 points won’t beat UL.

• Blue Bill
      3:13 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, you want his offense this year? No thanks!

3. Bobbum Man
    3:18 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

While I think it would be cool to see brohm come back home and all that…I must be missing all the ultra hype from these UL fans… 5-5 with a loss to eastern Michigan and a blowout loss to Minnesota don’t scream success, obviously had some nice wins but they speak like he’s the second coming of bill belichick

• jaws2
      3:32 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Surely you realize that’s the most delusional fair weather ‘fan’ base in America?!

4. Kyfan40601
    7:03 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

Bye felicia. Is it mean or bad to laugh at louisville misfortune?

5. My Dixie Wrecked
    7:50 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

So…Petrino was fired on his show, which was recorded well before he was fired. Therefore he wasn’t fired on his show?

• cats646
      10:41 pm November 11, 2018 Permalink

While his show was being aired. That clear things up for ya??

6. notFromhere
    7:59 am November 13, 2018 Permalink

Petrino was trying to get fired. He’s a dk. Knows he’s got the buyout in place. He tanked that program and Tom Lurch probably put him up to it. The your cart to an jkass and it’s your own fault when he craps in your crackers