Benny Snell Plans on Playing in Kentucky’s Bowl Game

Benny Snell Jr. has not yet made a decision about his future as a Kentucky Wildcat.

Chasing Sonny Collins’ all-time rushing record, Snell could stay at UK for another year or depart for the NFL Draft after piling up 207 more rushing yards.  If that happens in the UofL game, he could follow the lead of other high-profile players who have abstained from bowl games to preserve their health before the NFL Draft.

Snell has planned two meetings with his family to discuss his future, one after Saturday’s game and one after the bowl game.  At this point, he has not even entertained the thought of skipping the bowl game.

“I haven’t thought about it like that,” he said.  “I’m going to speak to my team about that one, but I wanna play.  I like playing every game.  I’m a football player, that’s what I do.  I plan on playing.

Things could change in that meeting after the Governor’s Cup, but it’s unlikely.  After an early ejection in last year’s bowl game, Snell has some unfinished business.

More from Benny following Tuesday’s practice.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for Benny Snell Plans on Playing in Kentucky’s Bowl Game

1. BBNDan7
    7:55 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

The narrative on Benny would change drastically in the fan base if he skips the bowl game

• ukkatzfan
      10:47 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

No, we are not as weak as you.

• dbcline1
      12:35 am November 22, 2018 Permalink

I agree! But I don’t see that happening. Benny Loves to play. And as far as the comment about being weak if it changes ur outlook is ridiculous. Football players play when given the opportunity and do t worry about injuries.

2. runningunnin.454
    8:04 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

The bowl picture is depressing; Florida, finishing 3rd in the SEC East, being projected to land a New Years Six Bowl; we whipped them on their home field, and finished in sole possession of 2nd place in the SEC East.

• dbcline1
      12:36 am November 22, 2018 Permalink

Totally agree! Spanked em at the swamp! Hopefully we come out and light the cards up and then maybe we will start being looked at in a lil better light even though the birds aren’t a great team.

3. davis2319
    8:15 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

If Florida gets a NY6 bowl over us that would be robbery. Anyways, Benny might NEED to play in the bowl game. Not even a top 15 running back according to Mel Kiper.

• dbcline1
      12:37 am November 22, 2018 Permalink

He does need to play and IMO he should! It could only help him if he came back IMO as well.

4. Catuary
    8:33 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Hell, why even bother playing in the Louisville game? Or as Nick Saban said last week, why even bother playing the game? This talk is stupid. Benny will play in the bowl game.

5. RAGE
    8:58 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know why he wouldn’t play in a bowl game… I mean I understand Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey not playing in theirs when they sat out… But cmon Benny ain’t in the same type of situation like those two football players and the others who may have sat out… Those guys are all high level draft picks and there is no way Benny goes in the first round… He will be lucky to be drafted the next day in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round… So this is just plain crazy ain’t even a giving he leaves… JMO but he is way to slow to play in the NFL… Reminds me of Michael Bush who played for Louisville back years ago…. he may play a few seasons in the NFL with only some success and that’s is if he gets lucky and falls in the right system

• JASUN74
      10:36 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

This

• Catscats23
      9:09 am November 21, 2018 Permalink

I agree and have always thought he was to slow to play at a high level on Sundays as well. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has thought this.

6. N-UR-i
    9:59 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

Curious what dumb ass media person even introduced this idea to him. He is wonderful to us, but not a high level draft pick.

7. zoupman
    10:12 pm November 20, 2018 Permalink

I predict he breaks the rushing record this Sat during our 8th and final home game of the year.

8. UK_fac_boi
    10:48 am November 21, 2018 Permalink

If he plans on going to the draft he should 100% skip the bowl game. After all Benny has already done for this program, it’s incredibly selfish of you if your opinion of him changes because of that. Make that money kid$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, stay healthy, we will cheer him on no matter where lands.

• Catuary
      12:13 pm November 21, 2018 Permalink

In that case, he might as well sit out the Louisville game too, right? Come to think of it, I’m not sure why he suited up for MTSU either.

9. Paw
    8:54 pm November 21, 2018 Permalink

I don’t believe you could keep him out of any Game The Wildcats are playing! He is a Champion and goes to Battle because he is a warrior the only way he won’t play is if he’s carried off the Field!!