Benny Snell on his Kentucky career: “I’m not done yet”

Benny Snell had 100 yards tonight, leaving him 107 yards shy of Kentucky’s all-time rushing record. Even though it’s become a trend for star players to sit out bowl games, Benny told reporters that, as of now, he’s planning on playing in Kentucky’s to help his team and chase history.

As of now, I’m playing in the bowl game. I’m not done yet. To add on to this, it’s not really important, but I keep it in my mind. The all-time rushing record, I got 100 tonight, so I need 100 more, and the bowl game would help me with that.”

So, what happens if Benny doesn’t get 107 yards in the bowl game? Will he come back for a senior year? Benny dipped into third person to address that hypothetical.

“If he’s not satisfied with the way his play is or if he’s not satisfied by a goal he hasn’t reached, he’s going to reach that goal. That doesn’t matter. That’s the bottom line. It depends on the things that I want for my future.”

How much is the NFL on Benny’s mind? Right now, he’s just happy to stay in the moment.

“That’s big. A lot of people talk to me about, it’s time to get your money, it’s time to do this and that. Listen. I’m 20 years old, dog. I play Fortnite, Call of Duty. I’m not a kid but I’m still having fun right now. I don’t really want to think about that right now, but it’s a decision I’m going to have to face eventually.”

Of the players Nick Roush spoke to in the locker room, Josh Allen, a potential first round draft pick, also said he’ll have a decision to make about the bowl game, but Mark Stoops said he anticipates all the starters to play.

“I am [expecting them to play]. I’ll have some conversations with these guys but we’ve had some ongoing. I do. If somebody chooses not to, we’ll address it at the time but I do anticipate everybody.”

[mobile_ad]

12 Comments for Benny Snell on his Kentucky career: “I’m not done yet”

1. lexcatfan2367
    7:43 am November 25, 2018 Permalink

Of course not. He’s gone the minute the bowl is done.

2. Go Deep
    9:08 am November 25, 2018 Permalink

Benny should play. Josh should sit.

3. east-ky-boy
    9:19 am November 25, 2018 Permalink

I may be wrong but I’m not for players sitting in a bow game. The team has worked hard to get to that all year. It does matter to win it. 10 wins for us!?!?!!?? That’s great. I feel it’s selfish to sit

• ready4nineNOW
      6:59 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

How selfish would it seem if one of them played and had a career ending injury. “10 wins for us!?!?!?” Sounds like all you care about is how you feel. Just sayin.

4. cats646
    9:37 am November 25, 2018 Permalink

Do your thing Benny!!!!!! Just please break the record before you leave.

5. jrdh13
    9:55 am November 25, 2018 Permalink

I think benny should play (to get his record) and josh can choose hes earned the right to make that choice, hes broken all the records. Let some young guys get some time in a big game only does better for our future.

6. UKFootballYall
    12:22 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

Benny may want to think about coming back for a Senior campaign. He has been tremendous for us but he may wind up in a situation like Boom Williams. Then what?

• ready4nineNOW
      7:00 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

You can’t compare apples to oranges. Benny is significantly better than Boom.

7. RAGE
    1:37 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think it is a slam dunk that Benny leaves.. I mean if he wants to play and stay in the spotlight he better stay at Kentucky.. I just think he is to slow for the NFL and he doesn’t catch passes. Plus I find it crazy that this is even being discussed for Benny. I mean he is a good RB but what has he really done that deserves this kind of merit.. Yeah he has ran for a thousand yards in three seasons but the SEC east has been way down the last few years and he gets a ton of carries.. He should get a thousand yards with as many carries as he gets in our offense… Their is a lot of RB that with his amount of carries would have the same results. I understand if Josh Allen chooses not to play he will be a sure fire first round pick. but sitting out your bowl game is only done by players that are guaranteed to be selected high in the draft… I ain’t so sure that Benny will go in the first three rounds of the draft.. So why this is being talked about I just find it crazy… Josh Allen I understand but not Benny…

• JASUN74
      4:37 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

Come on now. As far as Josh I agree, and I do agree that Benny needs to come back, but it’s not because of his play on the field!!! He just said why he should come back. He’s not ready to play in the NFL as of right now. He need to work on his temper tantrums and sideline stuff and learn how to talk to the refs better. You know those grown men calling the games. I’ve saw him pouting on the bench several times this year when things weren’t going his way, or he was mad, or whatever. Really needs to talk to some Adults about that third person stuff also. Lmao. What do u think BIG MACK, or Von ALLEN will do to him next year when he starts saying “Benny should’ve went back to Kentucky “. Hahaha. I love Benny, but I try to watch these guys like they are my kids or something. If they have things they need to work on , there’s no better place to do it than a college campus.

8. Brad
    1:58 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

Benny is not slow lol. He is an NFL back. He has carried this team the last 3 years. Facing 8 and 9 in the box not many would get over 1000 and within 100 yards of the all time record in 3 years! The guy always falls forward. Reminds me of a mark Ingram type but probably stronger

• ready4nineNOW
      7:04 pm November 25, 2018 Permalink

I love Benny, but he does not have break-away speed and is not fast by NFL standards. Everything else you said is why he is an NFL back.