Benny Snell is “Ready to be Unleashed”

Benny Snell believes he made the most out of his time at UK’s 2017 preseason training camp. “I feel like I got better everyday,” he told KSR.

“Better” than his freshman campaign will be awfully difficult to top.  He shattered just about every UK freshman rushing record with 1,091 yards and 13 touchdowns.

He accumulated those impressive numbers in just ten games.  One of the opponents he didn’t get to play against was Southern Miss.  He’s prepared to show the Golden Eagles what they were lucky enough to miss last year.

“I definitely got a chip on my shoulder about this one (against Southern Miss), only because the team took a loss and I had nothing to do.  Nothing to contribute.  None.  I definitely got some making up to do for my team.  I got a job to do.”

His job: unleash fury on Southern Miss and every opponent on Kentucky’s schedule.

“I’m ready to be unleashed.  I dream about it every night.  I watch extra film.  It’s all I live.  I’m ready to go all out.”

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

7 Comments for Benny Snell is “Ready to be Unleashed”

1. runningunnin.454
    8:12 pm August 22, 2017 Permalink

Keep that pile moving!

2. KYcats11
    8:46 pm August 22, 2017 Permalink

Definitely will go down as one of the most loved Wildcats of all time.

3. Luether
    10:17 pm August 22, 2017 Permalink

Must be as effective as last year AND stay healthy for the Cats to meet expectations…

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 pm August 22, 2017 Permalink

Truth.

• maximumscott
      12:56 am August 23, 2017 Permalink

If we correct the following issues: offensive fumbles, DLine strength against Run (go from 225 yds against to 140), and hit the TE. I think we stand an incredibly great chance at going 8-4 and possibly 9-3. There will be some unbelievably close games this year going into the 4th qtr. if our guys stay focused then we will
      Be able to pull them out.

• UoKFB PHAN
      5:37 pm August 24, 2017 Permalink

Maximumscott – If the Cats just stop the fumbles and drops the run yards allowed by 85 yards/per game then it will be 9-3 or possibly 10-2 as long as the offense doesn’t implode. Man do I hope you are correct on the reduction of 85 rushing yards allowed per game… I so hope you are correct!

4. maximumscott
    12:50 am August 23, 2017 Permalink

Theres no doubt this man has a nasty streak to him. You can tell his attitude is a run you over RB. True SEC caliber back. I disagree with the FB podcast guys. I dont think he slumps. I dont think his numbers will be as high bc we will be effective in other areas of the field. His Avg. YPC will be around 5-7. He will still be a beast.