Benny Snell channels The Office to ask fans to pack Kroger Field

Benny Snell is likely playing his final game at Kroger Field tomorrow, and he’s breaking out the pop culture references to get fans to pack the house. Benny posted this classic clip from The Office on Instagram last night, but instead of Michael Scott showing up at the door to surprise Dwight, it’s him.

View this post on Instagram

Don’t be Jim Saturday

A post shared by BENNY SNELL JR. (B) (@iambennysnelljr) on

“Don’t be Jim” means don’t let the seniors down.

Benny Snell: The greatest running back — and photoshopper — in Kentucky Football history?

Plenty of tickets still available on Ticketmaster.

[mobile_ad]

16 Comments for Benny Snell channels The Office to ask fans to pack Kroger Field

1. Ben27
    10:28 am November 16, 2018 Permalink

i have only one question, how many running backs from Alabama, Georgia or other top SEC teams leave after their Junior Year? I think because Benny is the best running back we have had in 40+ years, he is being pressured to leave by the media.

He is a good receiver that should come back for his senior year and concentrate on catching the ball. Their is a much better life expectancy and pay for receivers than running backs in the NFL.

• Braden
      10:31 am November 16, 2018 Permalink

This is a horrible take

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am November 16, 2018 Permalink

You made some good points, but then lost me with that second paragraph. I’m not convinced that he is NFL ready as a running back, but he is not, and never will be, a receiver. But yes, he does need to develop the ability to catch passes out of the backfield. I’m just not sure he will get that opportunity in this offense.

• Wilfred Smith
      10:57 am November 16, 2018 Permalink

Running backs have a given number of hits in them. Unless he gets feedback that staying one more year makes him a ton of money via draft position, he should leave. He has a unique, valuable, skill. He should cash in and maximize his time prior to the end of his career.

• I don’t see any way he should be a receiver. He doesn’t have the breakaway speed for that in the SEC, much less the NFL. I know there are possession receivers in the NFL, but none that I know of that were bruising RBs in college.

• whatwasthat
      1:09 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

Think the op was talking about catching balls out of the backfield not being a receiver, Benny has to do what’s best for Benny, but hoping coach gets him as much feedback as possible so that he doesn’t become a boom (bust).
      GO CATS.

2. Photoshop after the clobbering of Miss. State. I miss those days. *sigh*

3. cats646
    11:58 am November 16, 2018 Permalink

That’s awesome! Hope everyone shows up Saturday. Go cats!!!!

4. michaelb
    12:22 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

I don’t see him being drafted in the first several rounds , a case for him to come back is > “hey I wanna come out of the draft in the first second round” and he can actually play himself into that . Right now he’s an undrafted FA that would likely be signed before the start of the season of 2019

• Bobbum Man
      12:40 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

Unfortunately he is what he is, I don’t think coming back would help much even if he dominated another year… his speed is what will keep him down on the draftboards although I highly doubt he would go undrafted

• michaelb
      12:44 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

Yes maybe so . The cats have really taken away from his status in the last few games ouch.. if he coulda kept the steam rolling he might been 1st round

• ClutchCargo
      2:50 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

I went with a friend to the Miss. St. game and made the comment that they were going to wear Benny down to a nub if they keep using him like that every game. That appears to have happened.

• michaelb
      3:14 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

Yea clutch sec is brutal… we’ll see if he can have another big game before this season ends . I think he will finish with a strong game or 2. He wants to show out in a bowl game for redemption I’d bet, Especially if it’s against the same team . People say nooo don’t wanna see them play northwestern . Hell I think it would be cool , just my opinion though

• RickH
      5:09 am November 17, 2018 Permalink

Benny will be drafted between rounds 2-4. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

5. clarks
    12:27 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

me my kids and our youth football team will b there go cats

6. JASUN74
    5:44 pm November 16, 2018 Permalink

Clark’s, that is great buddy. Nothing in this world is more important than our children. I wonder if they would let us get that deal if we bring our little league basketball ball teams? Anyway, Thank you and hope to see you guys going crazy tomorrow. Hahaha. GOOO CATS !!