Benny Snell: “31 years, that is long gone”

Few people were happier than Benny Snell after tonight’s game. Kentucky’s star running back had 175 yards on 27 attempts, and not only did he help snap the streak, he got to shove some trash talk back in the Gators’ face.

“There’s no feeling like this,” Benny told reporters afterwards. “During the week, I was just thinking about the moment, all the fans leaving, it was what I dreamed about. It’s the best feeling in the world. I can barely talk, I’m so happy.”

Florida linebacker Vosean Joseph said earlier this week that he didn’t think Benny was anything special. Benny admitted he saw those comments and noted that Florida’s captains were even disrespectful during the coin toss on the field.

“And that’s exactly what they did,” Benny said of the trash talk. “I’m glad to be in this position and even when we went to shake the captains hand, it was disrespectful. The guys not shaking our hands, saying little comments about our team. Me saying I’m the best running back at Media Day, it’s like there’s a target on my back because the media says it to them. I overcome adversity. This team overcomes adversity, so watch your mouth.”

Don’t sleep on Benny, and don’t sleep on these Cats.

“This is what I was expecting,” Benny said of Kentucky’s win. “The fight. To not give up. Thirty-one years, that is long gone. Bye. I’m not hearing that no more.”

Let it be known. Let it be said. The streak is dead.

[mobile_ad]

31 Comments for Benny Snell: “31 years, that is long gone”

1. 4everUKblue
    11:57 pm September 8, 2018 Permalink

Benny was a monster tonight and Terry was pretty great too. And let’s not forget the defense.

• 4everUKblue
      11:58 pm September 8, 2018 Permalink

Well hell…..the whole team was great tonight, it was a team effort.

2. michaelb
    11:57 pm September 8, 2018 Permalink

The man is a professional

3. damage_control
    11:57 pm September 8, 2018 Permalink

Benny Snell better get some serious pub for his performance tonight. 175 yds on the road vs a defense that was keyed to stop him. Great game for Terry TD also despite the early turnovers!! So happy Stoops stuck with him because in the 2nd half he was MONEY!! That pass to Bowden was absolute beauty. Stoops and Terry cemented themselves in UK football history tonight!! Awesome game!!!

4. michaelb
    11:59 pm September 8, 2018 Permalink

Yea stoops had showed just as much improvement as anyone of his players … his decision making , play calling & scheme was primed up this weekend … I see them fully being able to roll on with this winning way .

• Miller45
      3:05 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I kept thinking of some of the guys that are gone now like jojo kemp, ryan Timmons, austin, Stephen johnson, juice johnson, to name a few, who came in and as 19/20 year olds definitely took the hard road, and left the program in a better place than it was when they got here

5. FlySoup
    12:00 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

Heisman

6. 4everUKblue
    12:01 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I’m even willing to give them back that field goal they’re crying about. hahaha

7. KY2012
    12:03 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I CAN’T BELIEVE WE FINALLY DID IT

8. I’m still waiting for them to say “Whoops! There was a flag! Let’s go back to Gainesville!”

9. And is that not one of the most bizarre endings ever? You knew that if we won it was going to have to be a crazy, still in doubt ending.

10. BluKudzu
    12:06 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

If Tebow had any class at all, he would apologize publicly for his Homer remarks he said about uk.

11. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    12:08 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I KNEW WE WAS GOING TO WIN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE YR! AND IMA MISS BENNY SNELL! Need more kids with that confidence! This is our yr for a 8/9 win regular season and a punchers chance at the east

12. Booby Petrino
    12:21 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I love Benny so much! Keep disrespecting him, opponents. That chip on his shoulder will plow right through you.

13. jsuge20
    12:46 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

Benny is friggin hilarious! I love it!!

14. CombatMedic_98
    1:36 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

RESPECTBBN

• 4everUKblue
      8:04 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

You are disgrace to the BBN medic, I see no reason to cut you any slack after all the ignorant posts you put up on here. Don’t try to pretend you’re a fan.

• CombatMedic_98
      8:30 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

You act as if you are in some position of authority on here…seriously! SHUTUP

• Blue Bill
      12:10 pm September 9, 2018 Permalink

Thought you weren’t coming back if they went with TT this week band aid man?? Go away!!

15. cats646
    4:28 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

Eat crow Tebow!! Not only did we compete with FL. But we gave them 100+ extra yards in penalties and still beat them. We were the better team by a long, long shot. It wasn’t even close! Go cats!!!

• cats646
      4:30 am September 9, 2018 Permalink

I wish I could go to sleep!! I’ve only had 30 minutes of sleep the past 48 hours driving down and back. And I know when I get home this morning I won’t be able to sleep. I will go straight to the DVR and watch us whip them again!!!!!!!!! I’m soooo happy!!