Avery Williamson gets his Titans jersey

williamson-jersey

Cornerback George Baker already has dibs on the No. 40 Tennessee Titans jersey so Avery Williamson will wear the No. 54 in his rookie season in Tennessee. The Titans official Twitter account tweeted a photo of Williamson’s new practice jersey today.

In related news, I still haven’t forgiven the Titans for passing on Johnny Manziel but the Williamson pick means I’m back on board for three or four games this season. I’m excited to see Williamson and Wesley Woodyard in Nashville.

Go Titans.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Avery Williamson gets his Titans jersey

1. Seriously?!
    5:48 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

You have got to be kidding on the Manziel thing. The Browns moving up to draft him is further evidence that they are one of the historically worst sports franchises in all of sport-dom. How many pathetic quarterback decisions can one organization make? And people used to give the Bengals that “worst” distinction despite the fact that the Browns and Indians were in the same state for pity’s sake. Drew if you’re not familiar the Bengals is the team you would be rooting for if you weren’t a front runner. And as a Bengals guy allow me to continue with historically worse franchises, the Cubs, the Clippers, the Lions, need I go on? Okay that part was just because I’m bitter.

• Drew Franklin
      5:56 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

The Titans suck on both sides of the ball and need excitement. Do I think Manziel is the answer to save the franchise? Absolutely not. But he’d be fun to watch in the months leading up to the day a linebacker rips him in half. Taking a backup tackle with off-the-field troubles doesn’t sell tickets.

• Fair enough
      6:09 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Well that I get. If you’re a fan who sees the NFL mostly from an entertainment perspective (which granted is a good perspective) I totally get it. And front runner or not it would also explain why you wouldn’t root for my Bengals particularly based on your age. And before I get attacked for it I know I’m biased about the Browns but I mean modern history. I will add the Expos and the Astros to the suck worse than my Bengals list. Man am I bitter about that.

• Drew Franklin
      6:31 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

I like the Bengals just fine (especially in that division) but I’m from Western KY so the Nashville team gets the nod.

2. Rei
    5:49 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Manziel is a jerk and is going to be a bust anyhow. Bongwater has a better shot than he does.

• Grantland Rice?
      5:58 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Are you a professional sportswriter? You seem to have a gift…

3. chardun
    6:36 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Rei, you know Manziel personally and witnessed Bridgewater using a bong?

4. Charlie Hustle
    6:37 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

FYI, he wouldn’t have been able to wear number 40 even if it was available. Linebackers in the NFL are restricted to numbers 50-59 and 90-99.