At least we had Boom’s two touchdowns

Photo by UK Athletics

It’s easy to focus on the negatives right now (what the hell was that 2-minute offense?!), but before we worry about all that, let’s relive Boom Williams’ two touchdowns.

Here’s Tom Leach’s call of Boom’s first touchdown, a 1-yard run with 8:46 left in the first quarter:

And here’s Boom’s second touchdown, a gritty 6-yard push with 11:49 left in the third quarter:

Boom finished with 16 rushes for 113 yards and two touchdowns. Personally, I kept wondering why they didn’t go back to him in the second quarter. Oh well…

42 Comments for At least we had Boom’s two touchdowns

1. Korean Tacos
    10:57 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

What bowl do those make us eligible for? None? Ok, got it.

2. BBN
    10:59 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

How quickly we forget the joker years. We look fine guys. We look better than we have in years. Enjoy a few wins to get us through until basketball starts. Go big blue

• The real LindaS
      12:35 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

I been asking people all night if they want jokerball back.

3. Tony
    11:00 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Please stop with the positive spin, KSR. Be objective. This one hurt and it was embarrassing. Don’t write Mom posts to encourage a fan base. Sympathize with rightfully angry fans.

• The real LindaS
      12:38 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

You want jokerball back….This is still a young team, what is the average age? It is only Stoops third year, give him a break….you can’t create miracles over night with a football program. 1-2 more years and you can complain then unless fans run him off before that time.

4. Truth
    11:01 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Elam’s fat ass is going to have to actually do something now that Lewis is done.

• za
      9:09 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

Hahahahahaha – you’re right though. I’ll never forget when I read the reason he doesn’t play more is because he’s too fat stated by Stoops

5. Doug
    11:01 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Seriously.. Who cares. We choked again. Simple as that…..baker sucks

• The real LindaS
      12:38 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

You want jokerball back

• On to the Next
      12:41 am October 17, 2015 Permalink

“You want jokerball back”

Yes, I just copied and pasted your comment since that seems to be all you are doing in your comments.

6. 3g
    11:02 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

moral victories do not get you into bowl games.

7. Katya
    11:02 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Another 5-7 year for us. And Towles is still the starter.

• Butter Fingers
      11:04 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Towles can go out and make his receivers catch the football. He seemed to be pretty good tonight minus the great play made by auburns db

• Katya
      11:06 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

That pick in the end zone and that stupid sack on 4th and 3 was amazing wasn’t it.

• True
      11:07 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

True, but he doesn’t have to have that I’m a DB look on his face when we are losing. Guy is cocky and has won nothingb. He has that look like he is going to go to the club and bro it out.

• BigBlueBlowUpDoll
      11:09 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Towels had 350+ yards!! You people are plain dumb if you think he sucked tonight! He was terrific! If his receivers would catch the ball consistently, he would look better.

• BigBlueBlowUpDoll
      11:10 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

*Towles

• Katya
      11:27 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Towles has good receivers who make him look better. Our wide outs are potential NFL players, Towles should be playing in the Sun Belt.

• what?
      11:57 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

how does this signal 5-7 with Charlotte, Vandy and Loserville on the schedule? well improve from this and be 7-5 by the end of the year.

• William Faulkner
      12:09 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

No offense what? but I have to think Charlotte, Vandy and Loserville are better than EKU.

• Huh?
      12:12 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

Not sure about Charlotte but Vandy and U of L are. Basketball starts tomorrow y’all.

8. Butter Fingers
    11:03 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

It sucks because this game should’ve already been won had baker just pulled in that back shoulder throw in the end zone. Seems the only thing you can ever count on in UK football is some dropped passes.

• The real LindaS
      12:39 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

You want jokerball back

9. BBN
    11:04 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

I guess I just don’t understand what our “fans” expect… We’ve doubled our win total from just a few years ago and still might make a bowl game. Eastern my took us to OT. Why are yall acting like we are bama and supposed to win every game? This isn’t the basketball team. Just enjoy a few wins.

10. Lawrence
    11:05 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

I think people’s expectations are a little bit too high. I do blame KSR a little (a soft criticism) for amping up the fan base. We are much better but we are not winning the SEC east. Competitive fun games. Considering when I was at UK scores of 56-3 were commonplace, I think the program should be credited for improving. Anyway, just my two pennies.

• Craig Sager's Suits
      11:14 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

You’re right in terms that KSR and other local media has hyped this team way too much and mostly after the spring. You’re right they are competing better than they have because I remember more often than not UK Football getting drug through the mud in the majority or games played in the majority of the 30 years I have been alive.

You’re only wrong in one area though because I think fans should have the right to expect excellence if they’re going to support a product or team. Are they going to be Alabama or Florida (in their prime, each) then obviously that’s a No. But I do think beating them teams every once in a while is reasonable. Auburn was down but still better today. I think the same over the next 3 teams on the docket. 7-5 is my pick for the finish which is better than my start of year pick of 6-6.

• BillyWildcat
      7:20 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

How in the world can anyone blame KSR? We are adults who make our own decisions on what we will or will not believe. Good grief, if we’re not as good as YOU thought we would be, that is on YOU.

11. Don't Drink the Koop-aid!
    11:06 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Same story different decade!

12. Greghg
    11:09 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

At least baker can catch the ball? Haha

13. GAWildcat
    11:10 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

We ran it down Auburns throat the first drive of the game and the first drive of the second half, both for TD’s. Boom was awesome. I thought Joker was back in the OC seat calling the plays after 1st drive in 1st half. Towles interception cost us big time. Juice was wide open on that play. All Dawson’s fault on that series. If you can’t run it in with a first and goal from the ten yard line on 4 plays on a weak Auburn defensive line, you can’t win in the SEC .Lets face it , Auburn sucks. Baker had some tough drops. Baden almost pulled it in with a valiant effort at the end. If he hauls it in, we win. Tough loss when everyone knows we have the talent to win.

14. Brian Kassinger
    11:10 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Kicking game sucked…..My goodness if we let the other team start from the 30/40 …..really…this has been a problem AL year.

.Dropped passes by multiple receivers hurt my feelings but the defense on big play’s probably had a bigger impact on the final score.

15. robert
    11:11 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

so sick of getting excited for these games, just to be let down once again. stupid play call to run on 2nd down.

16. Greghg
    11:12 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Has cost us 4 the 2nd time this year. And i dont want 2 hear he won us the EKU game. I love the fact that he laughs after every crucial drop he has. Real funny dumbass

17. Que-Cat
    11:13 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

May catch heat right now but I am proud of our CATS…. Much better product on the field when Joker was here. Stoops is closing in on the field and I like it…. Should we have won… Absolutely…. Was the fans good…. Yes indeed….. But as said we all need to be all in and support this growing program and sell out EVERY GAME!!!!! It was nice seeing the fan support, the players pumped, coaches pumped….

We are so close to big things…. I ask as a fan…. Please back this team in coaching and players and not bash in negitives as we could still have Joker….. Things are much better and getting better….
    So let the bashing began on me as I have big shoulders…. And will support this team in positive chat!!!!

Peace out making my way to my car now to go home from the game.

• The real LindaS
      12:40 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

I’m proud also! This time a couple years ago and they would have fallen on their face after the first quarter. They never quit fighting.

18. Greghg
    11:14 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

Agree on the run on 2nd down. All that did was make our offense hurry

19. Brian Kassinger
    11:34 pm October 15, 2015 Permalink

We don’t need to be giving any team an opportunity to return a kick,,, short fields do not work in our favor.. The fact that we have made the decision to let teams return to mid-field is concerning. Short fields puts our defense in high-alert and usually end in points..Kick he ball to the back of the end zone If you don’t have someone that can do that…. Recruit.

This game was easily won but we sucked the life out of it with the kicking game and dropped passes from the receivers. Auburn is not a good team

• WeareBBN
      12:25 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

What an idiot you are, our kicker is playing hurt and a groin injury for a kicker is major. Course you don’t have one so you would not know what that is about.

20. Mtodduk08
    12:07 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

I do understand that we are not Bama, or whoever else but with the Talent that is on this team and also showed that we can beat teams like UF, Mizzou, and Auburn is not to shabby. Right now if Baker catches a ball that he clearly should have caught against UF in the end zone, and another one tonight UK would be 6-0 and in1st place by their self in the east. And that`s pretty Damn good from the past few years Towles made a bad throw that cost us big but he also fought back and put a ball in Bakers hands that would have won the game… Baker makes good catches at times but he`s cost us 2 games so far and that sucks…

21. WeareBBN
    12:17 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

Pat made a few bad throws behind receivers but this loss is not on him, int hurt but was not the game.
    Boom had a big play, not the one you’re thinking of, I am talking the dropped wide open pass.
    Baker dropped a TD but thought it was funny for some reason.
    Defense could stop nothing in 1st half.
    That last holding call on Baker was BS, otherwise officiating was good.
    Now the positives: 1st time this year we saw some great adjustments at halftime.
    Pat actually looked very confident and played well.
    D was very good in 2nd half, not great cause of the TD they gave up but was close to great.
    Really looking forward to Freddies take on this game.
    Johnson was unreal, Conrad and Bone need more looks.
    We should have won this game 37-30 or 41-30 but did not. Young team here folks, they are learning on the fly in a tough conference. Disappointing Yes, discouraged in no way. We are on the rise with the best talent I have seen in my lifetime. Why do we have so much hatred when this team is 10 or so points from being undefeated and a probable top 10 ranking. Just a short time ago we wee losing these games 48-10 or worse.

22. The real LindaS
    12:44 am October 16, 2015 Permalink

You debbie and donnie downers, you should be grateful and happy. How do you think one of Jokers teams would have done tonight? END OF STORY…Go Cats!

23. On to the Next
    12:38 am October 17, 2015 Permalink

You simply do not try to make a nearly impossible pass into the end zone on 1st and goal at the 8 yard line. You have to sail that one out of the end zone and play another down or two or three. Even a field goal would have been better than no points…..but wait! We only lost by 3?