Another reason to beat Florida: Starting QB is Duke basketball fan

del-rio-duke

I don’t know this to be 110 percent true but I’m pretty certain Florida’s starting quarterback, Luke Del Rio, is a Duke basketball fan. I spent most of my morning looking into the personal social media accounts of Kentucky’s upcoming opponent, as I do every week because it’s my job, and Del Rio has a quick retweet button on anything pro-Duke basketball.

When Duke beat Siena last year to start the season? Del Rio retweeted ESPN’s tweet. When Grayson Allen had a big NCAA tournament game? Del Rio retweeted. When Duke played North Carolina? Del Rio tweeted, “Dukeeeeeeeeee.”

So, as if Kentucky needed more reasons to beat Florida on Saturday, the fact that Del Rio loves the Blue Devils is right up there with the rest of them.

Beat Florida. Duke Sucks. Del Rio is garbage. (But I like his dad.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Another reason to beat Florida: Starting QB is Duke basketball fan

1. Patches
    5:46 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

Yeah I hate him and he will throw 4 TD passes and run for a 100 yrs. Saturday.

2. Howdy Doody
    11:13 am September 9, 2016 Permalink

Uh, Matt is a DUKE GRAD…..
    Florida by 3 TD’s.

3. UK Big Board Update
    6:04 pm September 9, 2016 Permalink

See if you can’t spot a trend here:

FBI Informant August 10, 2016 at 12:56 pm | Permalink | Reply
    Like It (0)
    17 points? I’ll take So Miss and give you 2 to 1 odds.

They’re a better team. They may not win since it’s a road game but there’s no way in hell they lose by 17 points.

FBI Informant August 8, 2016 at 2:53 pm | Permalink | Reply
    Like It (0)
    Anyone that thinks 7 wins was going to happen is absolutely out of their freakin mind, over the top, blinders on.

This team is a 3-4 win team against this schedule.

The only wins are:
    NM St
    Missouri
    Austin Peay
    Possible wins:
    Southern Miss
    South Carolina

The rest are absolute losses with no questions about it whatsoever.

And if there are a couple of injuries at certain spots it’s gonna be a 2 win season.

Kentucky football is in the dumpster.

FBI Informant June 29, 2016 at 11:04 pm | Permalink | Reply
    Like It (0)
    I’m reaching? And UL isn’t my school. I’m a UK alum.

FBI Informant December 8, 2015 at 1:32 pm | Permalink
    Like It (0)
    You know what’s fun? When we post negative things about UL, knowing that UK has had their fair share of employees with run ins with the law, and UL fans are going to easily point all of them out with a 3sec Google search. It may be wise to not expose our own glass house.

FBI Informant December 8, 2015 at 2:43 pm | Permalink
    Like It (0)
    Uk is my alma-mater.
    But I live in Louisville. Unfortunately my alma-mater has a sports fanbase where the vast majority never went to college and therefore cannot conseptualize the difference between sports and real-life.

FBI Informant June 17, 2016 at 4:16 pm | Permalink
    Like It (1)
    Well, we know that the BOT at UL had many UK fans on it, including the person that was leaking info to Matt. Now Junior Bridgeman is in charge of the hiring of the new BOT. Junior will certainly be putting together an Athletics Friendly Board and I can’t imagine that being a big UK fan will be finding themselves as part of the group. You think Jurich has had power before? Just wait till he lobbies his people onto the BOT. Facilities and money for coaching is getting ready to go through the roof.

FBI Informant June 24, 2016 at 1:47 pm | Permalink
    Like It (0)
    Why all the butthurt? Forde said Cal owned the draft, which is a huge deal for recruiting as was just stated. And then he simply made the true comment that owning draft day every single year doesn’t equate to National Championships. That’s a fact. Why are you all so sensitive about it?

FBI Informant June 20, 2016 at 8:50 pm | Permalink
    Like It (1)
    Wait… Rick isn’t allowed to use plausible deniability but Calipari is? At UMass they were cheating on grades to keep guys eligible which is an on campus issue, had agents buying HOOKERS and jewelry and giving cash to Camby ON CAMPUS, at Memphis he had Roses brother ON THE PLANE right in front of his face, and they had players busted for PROSTITUTES, and they had players busted for starting riots, and they had players busted for drugs, and on and on and on and on and on. But now Cal is not the same guy that had banners removed at two places? I’m confused.

FBI Informant May 31, 2016 at 5:20 pm | Permalink
    Like It (1)
    Look, another Pitino article, followed by awkward stalking story about eavesdropping on UL players at Foot Locker. Jeez this stuff makes UK fans look dumb. Seriously, who goes to Foot Locker since the Internet was invented?

FBI Informant December 14, 2015 at 2:18 pm | Permalink
    Like It (0)
    What did he say that was incorrect? Looks like his opinion is backed up by the facts surrounding Cal’s tenure at UMass. Like it or not, before he got to UK, Cal ran two completely rogue programs in UMass & Memphis. The amount of crime, NCAA issues, legal problems, drug problems, domestic abuse problems, etc, far outweighed the norm, and outshined the winning. Just bc it doesn’t appear that he runs the same type of program at UK, shouldn’t dismiss the pathetic programs that proceeded. Even our own Matt Jones called him out before the title game at Memphis, and he was completely justified in doing so.

Every post you make disses UK and/or defends ul.

Begone, now.