Alvonte Bell served a one-game suspension

alvonte-bell

You might’ve noticed Kentucky’s defense was without Alvonte Bell, its backup defensive end, against Alabama. It was reported around kickoff that Bell did not make the trip to Tuscaloosa, and Mark Stoops confirmed afterwards that the junior was serving a one-game suspension.

Stoops would not disclose why Bell was suspended, but he did say he will return next week.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Alvonte Bell served a one-game suspension

1. Dubowski
    10:51 pm October 1, 2016 Permalink

It must be pretty bad since getting charged with carrying a gun without a permit and being found with marijuana in your car only gets you suspended for a half. That is if you play for Alabama anyways.

2. Catlogic15
    11:03 pm October 1, 2016 Permalink

Did Alvonte hit someone too hard last week?

3. WeareBBN
    11:05 pm October 1, 2016 Permalink

It is not like Bama needed Williams to beat us so I am sure Saban had a good reason for playing the kid.

4. RealCatsFan
    11:19 pm October 1, 2016 Permalink

You know, I used to want UK to take the high road and win the right way with a coach who has a modicum of moral fiber. But I am starting to say the hell with that now. UNC cheats unabashedly, and UoL brings ho’s into the dorms and hires back a sleazeball coach who exposed his former employer to legal action by illegally hiring his mistress before bringing embarrassment to the school. Yet both schools are winning, so everyone forgets about it. I say screw it, hire Art Briles.

5. BigBluePappy
    11:42 pm October 1, 2016 Permalink

What did he do, kill someone?

6. KatsKlaws
    12:28 am October 2, 2016 Permalink

I obviously don’t know what Bell did, but it’s stuff like this that makes me wonder about Stoops…