Aerial footage of the Commonwealth Stadium renovation progress

You’ve briefly seen the work when passing by on Nicholasville Road, now see it from the sky in this video from Bell Engineering. It was recorded a couple of weeks ago so progress is even further along today.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Aerial footage of the Commonwealth Stadium renovation progress

1. Teetim
    12:32 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Ummmm, okay. I know these things move at a snail’s pace. But that didn’t require them to produce a video… Some Blue Lot folks are going to be pissed! Are they doing the same thing to the other side? Have they started the other side yet?

• Foxtrail
      9:12 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

Big Cat fan but, things don’t move at a snail’s pace in College Station and the renovations there… go to google and look up Kyle Field renovations and see why they will have the biggest SEC stadium and the biggest and fanciest scoreboard in all of college football (but they don’t know basketball)

2. B
    12:33 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

That video was disappointing.

3. WRONG, BUT MAYBE THIS TIME I'M RIGHT
    12:47 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

This video proves one thing…Bell Engineering doesn’t know how to properly do a video on a construction site. They ought to be ashamed of themselves for posting something like this on the KSR website. They say they’re a reputable firm – a good decent firm would post a much better video than this piece of crap here. A amateur photographer could do a better job than this engineering firm and present a much better picture story of the construction going on. If I were working for Bell Engineering I would be shamed to admit that.

• gordonm
      12:56 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

It is not just you (it is the internet in general) but “FREE” is not good enough.

4. ChicagoCat
    12:53 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

And here I thought I was getting some sort of time-lapse video. That was awkward, including the dance music for no reason.

• gordonm
      1:06 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

The last time CWS was renovated the time-lapse vids were better. This seems to be a hovercraft vid.
      Still, I Thank those that took the time to make this.

5. WRONG, BUT MAYBE THIS TIME I'M RIGHT
    1:18 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

I would think that if a video was posted, being representative of the work the engineering firm does, it would be of better quality. This is a form of advertising and with this piece of crap here on KSR I would not want to use Bell Engineering for anything in construction. Shoddy videos indicate poor work quality.

• Turner the Burner
      1:26 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Disagree – If I were to use them to film a movie I would be concerned. I don’t think that a video is indicative of an engineering firm’s ability to build things.

6. Texas Cat
    1:33 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Drew, why was my comment moderated?

7. gordonm
    1:39 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Bell Engineering as Served this country well and continues to do so. Google “huey” and that is just one area.

8. Sorry
    2:24 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

All I see is Sorry……………..

Is the renovation private?

9. WRONG, BUT MAYBE THIS TIME I'M RIGHT
    2:35 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Bell was so ashamed of what they posted on this site they took it off.

• Da Truf
      4:13 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Do you honestly think the engineering firm posted the video on this site? Are people really that stupid?

10. jaws2
    2:38 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

That is one SORRY video!

11. tbradg
    2:47 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Not much to it but nothing nearly as bad as I was expecting.

12. jeb
    5:04 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

I made this in 20 minutes…

13. jeb
    5:05 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Dont mind the goofey music.

14. WRONG, BUT MAYBE THIS TIME I'M RIGHT
    7:49 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

The remarks are attributed to Bell Engineering. If KSR was in error they need to state that but knowing how lousy they are I doubt they will do anything. Still – a video that is third rate at best is not a good way to be advertising the work of one’s own firm.