ACC meeting for “final, final” decision on college football at 4:30 PM

The ACC is set to announce a finalized plan regarding the fall college football season this afternoon.

In a meeting with the university’s board of trustees Thursday, Florida State president John Thrasher said the league will hold a meeting at 4:30 p.m. ET to come up with a “final, final” decision on playing this fall.

And yes, the expectation is that it will be a “positive” meeting, meaning the expectation is that the ACC will move forward as planned.

“I have every reason to believe it will be the final, final recognition of whether we play fall sports or not,” Thrasher said, via TampaBay.com. “I have every reason to believe it will be a positive recognition.”

In a follow-up tweet, Ross Dellenger of Sports Illustrated added that the meeting was previously scheduled and that “there is optimism/positivity that [the] ACC will continue on current course.”

Pete Thamel of Yahoo! Sports added that “there’s no expectation of significant action today” and that they will simply be discussing recent medical updates from the ACC’s medical advisory group, among other topics of conversation.

We will be back with an update when the meeting takes place with what hopes to be good news.

Hold firm, ACC.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

6 Comments for ACC meeting for “final, final” decision on college football at 4:30 PM

1. light my fire
    3:19 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

If any have liberal presidents then the season is fine and start back up after the election in hopes that Biden wins

2. Lip Man 1
    5:33 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

“Hold firm, ACC”.-Jack Pilgrim.

“I certainly will!” — virus

God help the first conference that sees a kid die, that’s all I’m saying.

• sharpshooter81
      6:07 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

How will you 100% know that the kid got Covid from football and not the general public? There answer is there is absolutely no way to know if he did. End of the discussion.

3. mothandras
    5:37 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

Season is dead dead.

4. light my fire
    9:10 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

The liberals love that football is doomed, so sad they not only hate America but also the way of life

5. light my fire
    9:13 pm August 13, 2020 Permalink

Not one football player has died as of now, how many have died all together