A video that will definitely bring a tear to your eye

Earlier we reported that the football team spent their day with Special Olympic athletes from Kentucky, and this video from Kentucky Wildcats TV shows you just how special this day was. This video will definitely make your night a whole lot better.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

14 Comments for A video that will definitely bring a tear to your eye

1. Joe Dennison
    8:45 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Over the years I’ve had the privilege of working with Special Olympics, I have never had more satisfaction from anything I’ve ever done. Kentucky Football, you have a special place in my heart.

2. Eastern Kentucky Billy
    8:56 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Is this footage from UK’s night practice that Stoops and the players were happy about?

• J-Dub421
      9:08 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Stay classy Louisville fans.

• uvel blows
      9:31 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Stay classy???? They’ve never been classy!!

• SpecialOlympiansKnowDaylightWhenTheySeeIt
      11:15 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

but you don’t. Hmmmm….

• CardFan502
      2:23 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I did’nt know they was Card fans in Eeastern Kentucky ! Represent, boi! !!
      #L1C4

3. J-Dub421
    9:10 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

It’s always nice to see the players giving back to the community.

4. somebody has to do it
    9:52 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

I didn’t think we played Louisville till later in the year 😉

• Tracy Hughes
      12:15 pm August 25, 2015 Permalink

That’s really not funny. That’s actually more of an insult against the Special Olympics athletes than it is to Louisville. Similar to calling someone retarded. You’re implying that being a Special Olympics athlete is to be less than. Different does not equal less than, and these Special Olympics athletes are only different.

Let’s support these Special Olympics athletes and be proud of what they’re accomplishing. And let’s be happy that UK Football is reaching out to the community and doing good work. I’m confident that UL Football does good work in their community also. Let’s keep the competitiveness restrained to the field, and work for the good of all of our communities off the field.

• specialolympicsmom
      8:55 pm August 25, 2015 Permalink

Well said Tracy!! Thank you from a parent and Special Olympics Kentucky volunteer. My son had the time of his life Sunday. UK did something pretty incredible for these very deserving athletes!

5. Ukfan4life
    10:06 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

@Easternkybilly Really how low can you really get?

6. Catman4Life
    10:37 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

I could not be any happier that Mark Stoops is our coach. He is a class act on the field and off. He has built this program from the ground up, the right way, with dignity and class. I can NOT wait until Sept. 5. I am so excited to see what this team does. Some people outside the BBN are going to be shocked. I’m calling 8-4 right now.

7. Margaret Woodard
    11:28 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

To you Louisville fans that want to crack jokes, SHAME ON YOU!!!!! This has nothing to do about a football game, it is about bringing joy to young peoples lives that struggle everyday. My son Morgan was one of those individuals and is by far a better human being than any of you that left stupid comments. May God Bless you and hopefully one day you will get it. #BBN

8. UKkathy
    12:01 pm August 25, 2015 Permalink

I am so proud of Coach Stoops and our football team. I have a niece who participated in Special Olympics years ago and she was so very proud of her medals. I could not be more proud of a wonderful and caring bunch of young men. There but by the grace of God, go all of us. God bless you all.