There usually aren’t this many story-lines in an SEC/FCS matchup.
2014’s OVC Offensive Player of the Year was a Wildcat running back in 2013. Dyshawn Mobley’s hamstring injury has sidelined him for most of the season, but has been cleared to play against his former team. He’ll be playing in the rain, a nasty, cold and consistent rain. His team will be playing with a heavy heart too, after Joey Kramer’s tragic and untimely death last weekend.
The last time the instate foes got together, it was at a bar, and it was ugly. A pair of fights, with pictures and videos gone viral. That will not be tolerated today, but it may help the Colonels keep the game close for awhile. Don’t be shocked; the last time an instate OVC team played against the SEC, Jacksonville State took Auburn to overtime.
Ya never know what you’re gonna see on gameday. Hopefully it’s a lot of points and a big win, but it never hurt to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Your Gameday Itinerary
- 3:30 KSR Pregame Show on 630 WLAP
- 4:00 Halfway to Hazard takes the Gate 1 Stage
- 5:15 The Cat Walk
- 5:30 “Cat Talk to the Cat Walk” with Freddie Maggard and Christi Thomas
- 6:30 Neil Price takes us home with the Texas Roadhouse Countdown to Kickoff
- 7:30 Kickoff on the SEC Network Alternate Channel.
- An hour after the game ends — The KSR Postgame Show
Homecoming is Bringing Back Big Z
After crushing it on Thursday Night Football with back-to-back sacks in an overtime Ravens’ win, Za’Darius will be back to see the BBN. I’m sure he’ll love the new stadium, but I bet you all will love seeing his smiling face even more.
Homecoming is also a big deal for some people. I say “some people” because after six years I still don’t know what it means. I think there’s still a parade, and there’s a homecoming king and queen, but after that, I’m lost.
It’s Your First Triple Crown Opportunity
It’s the opening weekend of the Keeneland Fall Meet. It’ll be a muddy track, but I’m sure plenty of you people will be crazy enough to try Keeneland, Cats and the bars. I’ve only pulled off the feat once, and it will probably be the only time I try to tame the beast.
I hope you watched KY Wildcats TV’s Feature on Last Week’s Game
I understand that it can be difficult to geek for this game. But you shouldn’t go a Saturday without a little football inspired insanity. Relive last week’s Top 25 win with KY Wildcats TV.
Where you can Watch or Listen
I know some of you may be struggling to figure out, “What’s an alternate channel?” so I’m here to help.
- DirecTV: 611-1
- AT&T U-verse: 608/1608 and 609/1609
- Verizon Fios: 332/832
- Dish: 596 and 597
- Time Warner Cable: 518 in Louisville, channel 77 in Lexington
If you still need help, this link should get you to the right channel. I might suggest that it isn’t a bad idea to simply listen. Jeff Piecoro is on baseball duty, freeing a seat for our own Freddie Maggard to make his color commentary debut. Jeff is great, but we all know Freddie’s analysis is amazing. I just don’t know what he’s going to do in that booth when he inevitably starts stressing out.
Big Blue Madness is SOLD OUT
Happy Mean Girls Day
It’s a silly internet holiday, but it’s also kinda hilarious. “On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.”
I know many of you will scold, but Mean Girls is a fantastic movie and I wouldn’t blame you for skimping out on a little football to rewatch the awesomeness.
Miles Bridges Makes His College Decision
Today at noon, Miles Bridges will decide his college future from his hometown of Flint, Michigan. Once a lock, the nation’s #3 small forward is a hard lean to Michigan State after taking his official visit to East Lansing. Only 19% on the 247 Crystal Ball still believe in blue, with the remaining 81% going to the Spartans. You can watch it here, but don’t get your hopes up.
Rob Bromley, For the Win
Hookers. Cash. Cheating coaches. If i didn’t hate Louisville so much it might be a little entertaining
– Rob Bromley (@TheRobBromley) October 3, 2015