A Soggy Saturday Morning Wakeup

WNST.net
uk-eku

There usually aren’t this many story-lines in an SEC/FCS matchup.

2014’s OVC Offensive Player of the Year was a Wildcat running back in 2013.  Dyshawn Mobley’s hamstring injury has sidelined him for most of the season, but has been cleared to play against his former team.  He’ll be playing in the rain, a nasty, cold and consistent rain.  His team will be playing with a heavy heart too, after Joey Kramer’s tragic and untimely death last weekend.

The last time the instate foes got together, it was at a bar, and it was ugly.  A pair of fights, with pictures and videos gone viral.  That will not be tolerated today, but it may help the Colonels keep the game close for awhile.  Don’t be shocked; the last time an instate OVC team played against the SEC, Jacksonville State took Auburn to overtime.

Ya never know what you’re gonna see on gameday.  Hopefully it’s a lot of points and a big win, but it never hurt to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Your Gameday Itinerary

• 3:30  KSR Pregame Show on 630 WLAP
  • 4:00  Halfway to Hazard takes the Gate 1 Stage
  • 5:15  The Cat Walk
  • 5:30  “Cat Talk to the Cat Walk” with Freddie Maggard and Christi Thomas
  • 6:30  Neil Price takes us home with the Texas Roadhouse Countdown to Kickoff
  • 7:30  Kickoff on the SEC Network Alternate Channel.
  • An hour after the game ends — The KSR Postgame Show

Homecoming is Bringing Back Big Z

WNST.net

WNST.net

After crushing it on Thursday Night Football with back-to-back sacks in an overtime Ravens’ win, Za’Darius will be back to see the BBN.  I’m sure he’ll love the new stadium, but I bet you all will love seeing his smiling face even more.

Homecoming is also a big deal for some people.  I say “some people” because after six years I still don’t know what it means.  I think there’s still a parade, and there’s a homecoming king and queen, but after that, I’m lost.

It’s Your First Triple Crown Opportunity

It’s the opening weekend of the Keeneland Fall Meet.  It’ll be a muddy track, but I’m sure plenty of you people will be crazy enough to try Keeneland, Cats and the bars.  I’ve only pulled off the feat once, and it will probably be the only time I try to tame the beast.

I hope you watched KY Wildcats TV’s Feature on Last Week’s Game

I understand that it can be difficult to geek for this game.  But you shouldn’t go a Saturday without a little football inspired insanity.  Relive last week’s Top 25 win with KY Wildcats TV.

Where you can Watch or Listen

I know some of you may be struggling to figure out, “What’s an alternate channel?” so I’m here to help.

• DirecTV: 611-1
  • AT&T U-verse: 608/1608 and 609/1609
  • Verizon Fios: 332/832
  • Dish: 596 and 597
  • Time Warner Cable: 518 in Louisville, channel 77 in Lexington

If you still need help, this link should get you to the right channel.  I might suggest that it isn’t a bad idea to simply listen.  Jeff Piecoro is on baseball duty, freeing a seat for our own Freddie Maggard to make his color commentary debut.  Jeff is great, but we all know Freddie’s analysis is amazing.  I just don’t know what he’s going to do in that booth when he inevitably starts stressing out.

Big Blue Madness is SOLD OUT

Because, duh.

Happy Mean Girls Day

It’s a silly internet holiday, but it’s also kinda hilarious. “On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was.”

I know many of you will scold, but Mean Girls is a fantastic movie and I wouldn’t blame you for skimping out on a little football to rewatch the awesomeness.

Miles Bridges Makes His College Decision

Today at noon, Miles Bridges will decide his college future from his hometown of Flint, Michigan.  Once a lock, the nation’s #3 small forward is a hard lean to Michigan State after taking his official visit to East Lansing.  Only 19% on the 247 Crystal Ball still believe in blue, with the remaining 81% going to the Spartans. You can watch it here, but don’t get your hopes up.

Rob Bromley, For the Win

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

17 Comments for A Soggy Saturday Morning Wakeup

1. Smiley-Pete
    10:30 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

FYI, Keeneland, football, and bars all in one day is known as the Trifecta, not the Triple Crown. When the World Equestrian Games were in town, it was known as the Superfecta.

2. Echo1
    10:43 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

This Louisville thing is just beautiful. I have no words to express my giddiness.

• CardFan502
      11:09 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

Relax. The same sort of thing happened at Miami on a MUCH larger scale. The penalty … loss of a scholarship or two for 3 years and a post season ban for one year. Your grandiose delusions of this being a big deal are laughable.

• Pfife
      11:19 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

Cardfan, you cannot justify bad behavior by pointing out the bad behavior of others. That’s what chided children do. Have a nice day.

• Perspective
      11:28 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

Cardfan, it IS a big deal. It does not matter if UofL receives zero punishment, the death penalty, or anything in between. If, I repeat IF, this story is true, then it just makes me want to puke and then take a long shower to scrub off the slime. Think about it….17/18 year old kids having hookers brought to them to buy their commitment. It’s sick. So when you compare it to what happened at Miami (also disgusting) as if that excuses it, it just makes you and other UofL apologists just as sleazy. “what’s the big deal? Other schools have coaches that cheat on their wives, pay for abortions, wreck on motorcycles with their mistress and lie about it, pay for hookers for recruits, recruits’ dads and players!” Uh no, not to this degree, they don’t.

• fatbrat
      11:29 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

If the only penalty is 2 scholarships for 3 years that would be a significant restriction in basketball! Pitinos’ weak recruiting would get absolutely dismal. Go Tards…LOL!

• CardFan502
      12:29 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

Go ahead and keep convincing yourselves that there is a toxic culture that is exclusive to the Cardinal athletic department, but the underlying fact is that boys will be boys whether it is at Louisville, Miami, Brigham Young, or even Oral Roberts. Once you’re able to accept this notion, you’ll be able to stop the unwarranted skewering, and redirect your ‘Louisville is sleazy’ banter on something else.

• Ha!
      12:42 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, loser…..

• Dude
      12:44 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

Newsflash: CardFan502 is a parody account, beautifully capturing all the hilarity that is the delusional fan base.

• Beavis
      2:08 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

Come on Cat fans. Someone photoshop Rick’s head onto the Godfather. Show a pic of The Godfather and his Ho’s when they were in Louisville. Speaking of Ho’s ,,,,good lord,,,is that the best looking whores they have in Louisville. You people got hosed. I would demand my money back.

• scorpiocard
      2:44 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

Yes, every major program has head coaches that bang skanks on restaurant tables, have affairs with 20 yr old mistresses, and are accused of providing hookers to minors and their parents on campus. Nothing to see here.

3. fatbrat
    10:54 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

Will be nice to see Mobley finally get to play in Commonwealth. Do well young man, but not to well. GBB!

4. Kevin
    11:35 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

I have Dish Network. UK game is on 404-02.

• catdaddyd
      1:46 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

I have dish and the guide says ch 596.

5. Al Rose
    11:59 am October 3, 2015 Permalink

Does anyone kow whatSEC Network Alternate Channel is for the WOW network in southwest IN? Thanks.

6. kingjames
    12:28 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

764 on comcast.

7. TheBlueRanger
    12:33 pm October 3, 2015 Permalink

My Superfecta included a round of golf in the morning.