A Plea for Saturday’s Game

commonwealth

This is me making a plea to everyone out there who is a Kentucky football fan. Please, let’s do it again for Missouri like we did against Florida. I’m asking this on Monday, so everyone has time to make plans for babysitters, extra tickets, parking situation, etc.

I attended the game on Saturday as a fan, sitting in Section 211. It was fantastic as it was the best atmosphere I’ve ever been a part of, even if the game didn’t go as planned. From the time we arrived to our respective tailgate you could tell it’s a different feeling around Lexington. More Kentucky flags flew high, less orange was walking around. Inside the stadium, fans stood the entire game with literally no one – young or old – asking for us to sit down, but rather joining in making noise on key plays.

Now, after the game there was pure dejection, but we can’t let that happen as fans for Missouri. The Tigers are back-to-back SEC East champs and this game is just as important as the Florida game. Now, I’m not saying we need a blue out, but let’s do something special to keep the energy in the stadium high. Whatever the suggestions are will probably be great, so let us hear them. Most importantly though, let’s make sure it’s another sell out.

@uklefty22

Article written by Bobby Reagan

One time representative of UK at SEC 3v3 basketball championships. Northern Yankee living the Kentucky dream. Follow me @uklefty22

79 Comments for A Plea for Saturday’s Game

1. Ukfan
    5:25 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

All even numbered sections wear Blue and all odd numbered sections wear White

• Tommy
      7:29 am September 22, 2015 Permalink

As a season ticket holder, it makes me excited to pay huge money to keep my seats each year to the K fund, only to see Stoops put tickets on sale for $25 in an attempt to sell out the stadium. To us who have had season tickets before UK even moved to Commonwealth, this is ridiculous and an insult.

2. BigO
    5:33 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Couldn’t agree more and as if I didn’t live in Colorado I would be there. A season ticket holder with Curry in the ’90’s I saw some pretty terrible football but this team is so close. Hope this long suffering fan base and UK students shows up early, stays late and is loud all game!! GBB!!

3. john wall
    5:36 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

you shouldnt have to ask, we as a fanbase (true fans) should want to pack the new CWS every single game if they (we) want to see a better product on the field. GO!
    COME ON! BEAT MISSOU! GO CATS!

4. Yeah
    5:43 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I am actually really afraid so many fans got ahead of themselves last week that they are just deflated and angry right now. There’s no reason to be angry or give up, we lost a close hard fought game.

And when was the last time Kentucky was the Vegas favorite vs. a top 25 team? That alone should get our fanbase back up and excited.

• BCO
      6:03 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

That’s exactly what happened. It seemed everyone had already just assumed we were winning, even when we haven’t done so against Florida in 28 freaking years. I was a step behind most but hell even I got caught in the hype.

O Line has to play better, Towles has to go more accurate and have better pocket recognition (being quicker is just one aspect of it), and Dawsons play calling cant be vanilla. There was a lot of plays that made you wonder if he was overthinking them…Ill take that school of thought since he called two pretty good ones to start the season and that makes me think on that he over-analyzed them as opposed to not knowing what he was doing.

7:04 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Vegas had Florida favored in the game. I think they know a little more than all the experts here on KSR, comment section included.

• Old White Guy
      7:13 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

BCO is right. KSR pumped everyone up, acted like the win was in the bag. I blame all this negativity on this site. Grove Street Party!!!

7:15 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Florida was favored in the game…….. to win.

• cig107
      7:19 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

To “Well…”, he’s referring to the Cats being favored over Mizzou this Saturday. Not the Florida game.

7:21 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m referring to Old White Guy.

• Old White Guy
      7:24 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

“Well”… Duh. Anyone knew you favor Florida until you win. What’s your point?

7:26 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Yup. Troll is trolling. Pathetic.

• cig107
      7:30 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Gotcha Well…

The guy is just a troll. A bad one.

7:31 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

No, no, he’s a “big fan”! LMAO

7:32 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

He’s just pissed his gang of convicts has the worst record in the country. Poor feller…. πŸ˜‰

• Old White Guy
      7:36 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

“Well”, my god, you are terrible. You have no argument, so resort to troll insults. Weak. Weak, weak, weak. My anger is at KSR. Not the team. Well, Towles and Baker, a little. And our O line.

7:37 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

0-3, old man. 0-3. πŸ˜‰

5. serdi
    5:44 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I was there Saturday night. I was at the first game ever played there vs VPI in 1973. Been to many since. The NEW CWS is unbelievable. I have been to many of the SEC venues. Yes Neyland, Tiger, Sanford, etc. are bigger but NONE are better. That is a major league stadium in every aspect. It now feels like a total SEC stadium, the student body acted (shakers included) like a SEC student body, and no opposition player is every going to tell another UK football player that there is not an SEC atmosphere at UK’s stadium.

If Stoops is going to be able to build what we want built, John Wall is correct…every game needs to have the attendance and enthusiasm of the Florida game…

The best to Coach Stoops and players.

6. Doctor CM Yomlin
    5:50 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Call off the dogs Bobby. I am the doctor who delivered you

• Rick
      6:15 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Well why didn’t you slap him a little
      harder?

7. Don't Worry
    5:55 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

The REAL fans (the greatest on earth, I might add) will be there with bells on.

The fair-weathers and band-wagoners (the absolute worst) will be on here. Crying about everything.

• Old White Guy
      7:09 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Real fans? I’ve been a real fan longer than you’ve been alive. Critiquing this team doesn’t mean you are fair weather or less than a fan. It just means I’m not stupid. Grove Street Party!!!

• Don't Worry
      7:11 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m 66. I’m not new to this. Poor argument.

• Old White Guy
      7:14 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m 87, junior. Not a poor argument. Just a poor opponent. You suck.

• Don't Worry
      7:16 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

An 87 year old troll, who woulda ever thought?

• Wait, WHAT?!?!
      7:17 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Shouldn’t you be worrying about not dying, Old White Guy?

• Old White Guy
      7:17 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

How lame. Is that all you’ve got? But, your wife tells you the every night. Is that all you’ve got? Lol

• Troll Slayer
      7:19 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Obvious troll is trolling. Your shit team is 0-3, Old White Guy. Lost the last four. Now, make like your wife and go eat a dick.

• Old White Guy
      7:26 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m no UL fan, I’m just not stupid, like you other moron Bastards. Seriously. I can say we didn’t play well Saturday. And I can say I’m disappointed. That doesn’t disqualify me as a fan.

7:28 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Good luck with your funeral just around the corner. I hope a person attends.

• Old White Guy
      7:32 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I just had a checkup, couldn’t be in better health. Exercise every day. I started by watching Jack LaLane. Seriously, I’ll outlive you. And I’m no UL fan. Just because I see things for his they are doesn’t mean I’m a troll.

7:34 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Right. And I’m Jimmy Hoffa… πŸ˜‰

8. Rick
    6:11 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I wish UK fans would stop wearing colors that aren’t ours to the game. I’ve never understood that. MIZZOU has lofty stats (Defense rated high). But, they won UGLY on Sat. We can defeat that team. GO Samford!

9. Wildcat_Blue
    7:01 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

-put towels in every seat
    -if you’re doing a blackout or whiteout, UK should provide shirts
    -put an image of decibel meter on the big screens for 3rd down plays when UK is on defense, and have it measure the crowd noise.

10. klassact32
    7:01 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Yea yea yea, same old story, same old result, you can say whatever you want, sugar coat it any way to help you feel better, but this team is same old kentucky team, can’t win and probably never will. The opening drive for UK offense says it all, has been same old story, can’t catch a ball that hits you in the stomach, tell the fanes don’t give up. The sooner you accept the better you will be.

7:06 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

You should go root for whatever team is hot right now. Meanwhile, the real fans will continue to support our program. I’d say go root for Louisville, but they’ve lost their last four games….

• Old White Guy
      7:10 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Oh? You’re a real fan? Did you pass a class? Get certified? Stfu

• Dude
      7:14 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

We get it. You all have made yourself perfectly clear.

You hate this team, the administration, and the fans who support it. You have made your point.

Move along then. You all sound like children throwing temper tantrums.

You are NOT going to talk ME out of supporting and following this football team. End of story. Good day.

• Don't Worry
      7:18 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Pretty impressive comeback for an 87 yr old. LOL “Stfu”? Thats awesome!

11. Old White Guy
    7:33 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I get out, still, lol. Thanks.

7:36 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

You get out of your mom’s basement? What is she, like 120?

12. Old White Guy
    7:38 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

“Well” is a stupid, blind homer who has no objectivity or original thinking. Please try to expand your mind and get back to me.

7:39 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

0-3, dipshit. 4 game losing streak. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

• UK Big Board Update
      7:40 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Looks like Cats Paw is back. What a loser.

• UK Big Board Update
      7:47 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

YEP!!

13. John J
    7:39 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Well, Old white guy is owning you. You may wanna stop.

7:40 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Owning? LOLOLOL!

7:41 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Lol, nice try….

• Patty
      7:41 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, he’s kicking your tail. He doesn’t seem like a troll.

7:42 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Changing names, huh? Thats weak. 0-3, bitch.

• George
      7:43 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Seems to me like Well is owning him. And yes, Old White Guy is DEFINITELY a troll.

• Old White Guy
      7:44 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I didn’t change any name. And you are still a retard. Suck on Matt’s Nuts.com some more. You are such a crackwhore

• Brent
      7:45 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

You definitely changed your name. 0-3, loser.

• RICK
      7:46 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Bobby Petrino SUCKS!!!

• UK Big Board Update
      7:52 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Definitely Cats Paw……

14. Rob
    7:42 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

This is awesome. Two old guys arguing. Both of you suck, but We’ll sucks more.

• Dave Shelton
      7:43 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I’ts clearly the other way around.

• Paul Robertson
      7:46 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

No, Well has no good comebacks. He’s probably sitting in the trailer park that is Fairdale, on his mom’s rented IPad

• Peyton Siva
      7:47 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Old White Guy is a Louisville troll who is obviously about 15 years old !!!

15. Jenny
    7:44 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Well smacked OWG down. Hard. Hilarious!

• Amon Amarth
      8:10 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Really? I didn’t see it that way.

• dude
      8:20 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Amon Amarth. dude, metal, bro. you dont know sportsball.

16. Rhaj
    7:47 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Well and OWG, stop. This is terrible. Hit each other with your adult diapers and get it over with

• WildcatCorrey
      9:11 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Well seems like a bitch. I think him and OWG are the same guy.

17. WildCatWill
    7:51 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Old White Guy (and all of your aliases): You aren’t fooling anyone. Now, off to Tard Chronicle you go…

• Earl And Ethel
      8:08 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I wish they both would stop. Old white guy doesn’t seem like a troll. Everything he said is true. He’s just negative, old, and cranky. Well is a sunshine pumper. Two ends of the spectrum. And old white guy is right, Matt and the writers need to quit calling wins and dance parties before we win the damn game.

• Earl and Ethel
      8:21 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I am Old White Guy.

• Red headed Stepchild
      8:29 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Old White guy, what happened when you were 18 years old? Fill in the rest to prove your not a troll. I say you are a troll. Expand on your role as an 18 year old.

• Red Headed Step Child
      8:40 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I am Well. Along with many other aliases.

18. stillill
    8:30 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Matt and the writer’s can do as that please on Matt’s site can’t they? We type in the website everyday because we like what they do. I had a better week waiting on a win we didn’t get than I would have waiting on a loss. So what we lost to Florida again… We are Wildcats we are used to this shit. I’ve been a wildcat my whole life that’s football basketball baseball softball volleyball shit I support the chest team too if we have one. If you can’t stand taking some losses in the fall just go be one of them people who claim to be wildcat basketball fans and Alabama football fans. Just don’t expect any respect from people who consider there self true fans of ANY team because you don’t deserve it. We’re 2\1 I can live with that. #stoopstroops

19. Dick Harpoonian
    8:42 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

I hope every game is a sell out. Shouldn’t have to ask. I just hope everyone keeps it low key, this week. Last week put too much pressure on the guys. Matt, writers, keep it cool.

20. Older White Guy
    8:48 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Re: >>fans stood the entire game with literally no one β€” young or old β€” asking for us to sit down<<

Right. Because the world spins around you?

So glad I paid all that money so I can sit and look at your
    dumb butt the whole game.

SIT YER AZZ DOWN.

21. Sir Edmond
    9:26 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Perhaps if you conveyed your message in a decipherable fashion, they would understand and accommodate? As is, we need an Urban Rosetta Stone to translate.

22. cixelsyd
    9:38 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Something has to change if they don’t beat Missouri. The defense made a few mistakes but kept them in the game against Florida. One dropped pass away from being 3-0

23. Wild bug
    10:12 pm September 21, 2015 Permalink

Best game atmosphere ever Loud!!! Great crowd. Lets do this every game. So much fun!!!!

24. Susan
    12:59 am September 22, 2015 Permalink

For what it’s worth. I went to UK. I now live in Atlanta. I can only make one game a year for the most part. I was at the game on Sat and eventhough we lost it was the best UK football experience I have ever had. The crowd was loud. They stayed the whole game. And you could just feel a different energy around this team. I have never been more proud of our football program. I would drive up again this week if I could. I just hope our fans realize how important their support is and show up again. We wanted the FL streak to end I know but this game could be our turning point. Show up people, be loud, Be KY proud!

25. UKfanNKY
    9:13 am September 22, 2015 Permalink

Come on ….one dropped pass from being 3-0! How can you not love this Team and what Coach Stoops & his Staff as well as the University has done for KY FOOTBALL. We now have a SEC Team, stadium, Coaching Staff and soon to have SEC football facilities! BTW one of the BEST FOOTBALL facilities in the Country when completed!! The crowd Saturday night was HUGE and SEC caliber fans!! Come on people no need to give up now the season is NOT over and we have a good thing going right now BE PROUD & LOUD GO CATS!!!

26. BIGBLUETAILGATECREW
    9:14 am September 22, 2015 Permalink

I was glad to finally see the student section come in early an stay for the entire game… Now lets see if they do it for the Missouri game…