A few great shots of the Kentucky football players in Ethiopia

We learned yesterday that a few of the Kentucky football players had touched down in Ethiopia as part of a UK-related mission trip this summer. Jason Schlafer, an associate AD at Kentucky, shared some great pictures today of players such as Landon Foster, Bud Dupree and Braylon Heard making the most of their unique experience. It’s great to see young student-athletes giving back and making the most of their opportunities to help make the world a more positive place.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

15 Comments for A few great shots of the Kentucky football players in Ethiopia

1. Ryan
    9:50 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

Do you guys know where we could get those t-shirts the guys are wearing? My wife and I are adopting from Ethiopia and we would love to get some?

• Matt
      10:59 pm May 25, 2014 Permalink

Hey Ryan, my wife and I adopted from Ethiopia as we’ll and want one of those shirts too. If you find out how to get your hands on them will you give me a call at (859)983-1364? Thanks and God bless your adoption journey.

2. colbert
    10:11 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

i hope they don’t get malaria on this silly
    photo op PR stunt…
    what are they really doing for these people
    that Bill Gates can’t…

• Gap Tooth Danny
      10:32 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

good point… send us some photos of yourself helping others less fortunate. Think about it.

• colbert
      11:03 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

bless you Danny!

• Go Away...
      9:49 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

I hope you do get Malaria. Get lost Moron.

• Dee W.
      4:29 pm May 25, 2014 Permalink

They take medications prior to the trip to prevent that.

3. Gap Tooth Danny
    10:44 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

Bless them! In the big scheme of things, a few guys from Kentucky on a relief mission will probably not change much.
    However, you better believe that each individual they interact with will appreciate and remember their kindness, though, and the players themselves will also benefit from their experiences.
    May be a shock to some to consider that there actually are more important things than UK sports…

• colbert
      11:01 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

a free trade agreement with Africa will help these people.

• colbert
      11:06 pm May 24, 2014 Permalink

think about it

4. Ben Edwards '69
    12:27 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

I’ve made medical mission trips to Haiti now three times and I can tell you that the individuals making the trips reap greater rewards than the actual blessings you try to bring to others / experiences you will never forget. God Bless these students from our athletic department, and I look forward sitting in my season ticket seats and watching my Wildcats play this fall.

• Sorry
      12:54 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

So, you benefit more than they do?
      Now I understand

• Sorry
      12:58 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

Free trade agreements will help these people!
      Not self serving band aids for your own problems…

• Bobbum man
      9:05 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

Get over yourself sorry/Colbert, they’re doing something good while ur sitting at home trolling a UK message board

5. Speech
    7:57 am May 25, 2014 Permalink

Remember the speech Obama made? He said Africa can’t have what we have because if global warming. If they industrialize then that’s his so called global warming tipping point. Funny thing since the earth is cooling now. Actually, you have to take malaria meds to go to Africa..they’re fine.