Saturday’s bowl game will be Kentucky’s first since 2010, but there are plenty of other milestones the Cats can reach. UK Athletics came up with six of them, which are worth sharing as we inch closer to kickoff.
1. Junior WR Garrett Johnson has 1,533 career receiving yards and is eighth all-time on Kentucky’s career receiving list. He needs 128 more receiving yards to tie Randall Cobb for seventh.
2. Jeff Badet has 1,354 receiving yards for his career and ranks 15th on the UK career list. He needs 63 more receiving yards to tie Jacob Tamme for 14th on that list.
3. Ryan Timmons has 1,224 receiving yards for his career and ranks tied for 20th on the UK career list. He needs 56 more receiving yards to tie Rick Kestner for 19th on that list.
4. Senior RB Jojo Kemp has 1,681 yards rushing in his career, ranking 15th in UK history and needs six yards to equal Ivy Joe Hunter for 14th and eight to tie Derek Homer for 13th.
5. Junior RB Boom Williams has 2,476 career rushing yards and ranks seventh on the career rushing list. He needs 142 yards to equal Derrick Locke for sixth all-time. He is just the eighth player in school history with 2,000 career rushing yards.
6. Junior kicker Austin MacGinnis now ranks second on the career scoring list with 253 points. He needs 53 more to surpass Lones Seiber as Kentucky’s all-time leading scorer.
That last one is pretty awesome. Surely we can make that happen in 2017, right?