25,000 tickets distributed to the Spring Game

IMG_20140414_122441

According to Jen Smith of the Herald-Leader, 25,000 tickets have been distributed to next Saturday’s Spring Game, which will take place at 3:30 p.m. ET at Commonwealth Stadium. Because the renovations to the stadium are underway (as you can see above), capacity has been limited to 42,500, but it looks like that won’t be a problem based on current estimates.

I talked to Bud Dupree, TV Williams, and Josh Clemons on the phone this morning for some features next week, and both Bud and Josh told me there is a totally different vibe around this team right now, and it’s all about winning. That and checking out the quarterback battle are two huge reasons you need to go out and support Stoops and company next Saturday. Also, tailgating.

Get your Spring Game tickets here.

14 Comments for 25,000 tickets distributed to the Spring Game

1. The ghost of TG Shuck
    2:51 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

The weather will be absolutely georgeous. Perfect day for tailgating and football. And it (practically) FREE. If you don’t go you’re an idiot!

• Catman
      3:01 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

T.G. Shuck…lol…Our beloved kicker from my days at G-town. Not too shabby he was.

• I am that idiot
      3:04 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Same story, different year…”there is a totally different vibe with this team right now”. Lmao, there always is in April, but the reality that is SEC football will crash the party in the fall. Call me an idiot, I don’t care, but I will be on the lake or at Keeneland Saturday. Looking forward anxiously to the recaps of the scrimmage to hear about next season’s 1,000 yard rushers, receivers and All SEC QB’s. Smirk, reality ALWAYS slams us back to our place when the real FB programs in the SEC bash our heads in the fall.

• Lies
      3:36 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

^^^^ poser, Keeneland spring meet will be over.

• Lies is an idiot
      5:51 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

OTB fool

2. Dwight (The Blur)
    3:00 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Is Rodney Hood a one and done, twice?

3. UKfansNKY
    3:29 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Your screen name says it all………………………..hope you lose your ass at keeneland and the lake is dry or your pontoon sinks you sound like the typical fair weather fan and guess what once they start winning you will jump right on hope you enjoy your negative comments do us a favor keep them to yourself……GO CATS!!!

• Yawn
      5:59 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Me and the other 25,000 that aren’t going this year enjoyed the intro to the new staff and system last year…..then saw 2-10 and the Error Raid offense when the reality of fall in the SEC hit. Not a fair weather fan at all….there has to have been some fair weather..lmao when has the weather for UK football been fair? Haha, 1984, 1998, and 2007? Lots of really stinky weather the other 57 years or so of the last 60. But I live in Lex, so please keep coming and spending your money here! Sure helps my business! Trust me, you don’t insult me at all calling me a fair weather fan. Gave up on it years ago. Go Cats (basketball)!

• Probably a UL fan
      7:02 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

^ Ah. Another one of those idiots who thinks that a football program can magically be turned around overnight.

4. uknbama
    4:03 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I hope the students come out and support the team. Without that support, nothing will ever change no matter what the coaches try to do. It needs to be an electrifying atmosphere on Saturdays and during the Spring Game. It all starts in the student section for good or bad. My husband went to GT and no matter how luke warm their team may be that year, they have unquestionable student body support.

• Preach
      4:22 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

^^^^This^^^ agree!

5. clancyhat
    10:00 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Don’t all you haters have anything better to do ? I have an idea – why don’t you go to the lake, and jump in it.

6. bluegrassstu
    10:17 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Free tickets, cool. Someday maybe 60,000 people will pay 5 bucks to watch the spring game, lol.

• Buckeye Fan
      10:52 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Except Commonwealth won’t hold that near that many.