2014 Early Enrollees Are Enjoying Lexington…but not the weather!

Drew Barker: “It’s a good look.”
2014recruits-grayunis

Yesterday was move in day for the five early enrollees from the 2014 football recruiting class; seven when you include JUCO transfers Johnson and Stamps.  I should have mentioned in my post last night that these players have met the necessary requirements to enroll at UK, and they all have filed their financial aid agreements prior to registration.  It’s now official that Drew Barker, Thaddeus Snodgrass, TV Williams, Mikel Horton, and Dorian Hendrix are football players at the University of Kentucky.  Classes will begin on Wednesday, and winter conditioning should start up in the coming weeks.  It shouldn’t be long before these boys are shaped into SEC caliber players and on the field for the season opener.  All five of them have big expectations leading into next season.  I know I’m excited, and I’m sure Stoops can’t wait to have them on the practice fields.

They’ve finally taken to Twitter to update us on how their move-in is going, let’s have a look.

Drew Barker –

tweetsbarker

Dorian Hendrix –

tweetshendrix

Mikel Horton –

tweetshorton

Thaddeus Snodgrass –

tweetssnodgrass

(Looks like they’re spending their night watching “Good Burger”.  I miss living in the South Campus dorms.)

T.V. Williams –

tweetswilliams

T.V. may have felt like man of the year yesterday, but today’s rainy, cold weather leaves a different story.

tweetsweather

Unfortunately for us, it’s only going to get colder as the semester moves on.  Don’t worry guys, you’ll get used to it by the time the Spring Game comes around.  Other than the weather, our new Wildcats seem to be enjoying their first couple of days.  Maybe they can help us recruit the remaining targets, as long as they don’t mention the cold weather to them.

Article written by Kory Henry

"We will kick, pass, and run, til the battle is won!" Bleeding blue since 1990. @KoryHenryKSR

12 Comments for 2014 Early Enrollees Are Enjoying Lexington…but not the weather!

1. Shooter
    7:31 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

What was this mess??

2. NKY_UK_fan
    7:39 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

How did these guys get out of high school before May/June (graduation)?

3. TV on the Radio
    7:56 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

TV’s not gonna lie, it’s cold. Lol what was it, 50 yesterday? Shoulda been here last week kid!

4. Lewibear0420
    7:59 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

Very happy for these early enrollees and for our strong 2014 recruiting class. However, I just wish if Elam was planning to come to UK, he would have afforded our program the benefit of committing during the Army All-Star game like he said he would months ago. We seemed to have some momentum with the Glenville trio (Smith, Lattimore and Jones), Travonte Jones and maybe others had Elam committed. Now they appear to all be long gone. I truly appreciate what Barker did for our program by committing early and then becoming our best recruiter. I’m trying not to get down on Elam, but it is becoming difficult. He could have helped us immensely, not only by joining UK with his own potential talent, but by also recruiting himself. I was very excited when I heard he was rooming with Marcelys Jones at the all-star game. I tend to think he is gone because he didn’t commit and because he hung Barker out to dry, by not keeping him in the loop. I really didn’t like to hear his attitude he had with Nicarious Fant. I know he is young, but he should show some constraint on national social media. I hope the staff is, and I’m sure they are, moving on and looking for Elam’s replacement. Elam does only seem to be looking out for himself and not UK’s or Alabama’s program. He is certainly not the leader that Barker is. We all wanted to end the 2014 recruiting class with a bang, but me for one feels like Elam shot some of our momentum because he wanted to stay in the spotlight for a month longer. I know, I can hear it already how some of you are going to go to this 18 year old’s defense and say how terrible I am for saying the things that I have said. Yes, I want him, but am tired of his drama. And, I’m hitting Post Comment!

• Waaah
      9:08 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

Your whole post is based on a silly assumption. You make it sound as if Elam had at some point decided he was coming to UK? Isn’t it just possible he is having a hard time deciding? YOU would have an easy time saying no to Bama? So, to make YOU happy, he should have announced at the Army all star game even though he is not sure where to go. Even if Elam were able to attract Smith, Jones and Lattimore, well duh it’s not his job. That’s up to the coaches. It’s Elam’s job to decide where he wants to go! So Elam is looking out for himself by trying to decide where to attend school and play D-1 football? Well yeah, is he supposed to decide based on the best interest of YOU or Bama fans or UK fans? What would you tell him if he was your kid? You people kill me.

5. Hendo Blue
    8:09 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

#4…think u make some good points. We may very well have missed out on some of those guys because Elam didn’t commit during that game.

6. Catlogic15
    8:46 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

Cold? Then they’ll love August in Lexington.

And blaming Elam for any recruiting misses is absurd.

7. Lewibear0420
    10:08 pm January 13, 2014 Permalink

Waaa,

I’m fine if Mr. Elam wants to go to Alabama. How could anyone blame him if he wanted to play for Saban? My point was if he wanted to be part of changing our (UK) program, was for him to go ahead and decide. Others may follow. If he wants to go to Alabama, he should go ahead and decide that way, so we could move on. You may say it’s not fair to blame Elam for missing out on other recruits. However. I am certain that we had players come here because Barker and others committed early. You can draw your own conclusions.

• Eric
      7:39 am January 14, 2014 Permalink

I dont care if he decides 1 day before the deadline. If he chooses UK, its HUGE for us no matter when he decides. As the guy above said, it isnt his job to recruit others and change recruiting momentum. Thats why we pay our coaches.

8. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    8:36 am January 14, 2014 Permalink

Stoops getting these guys to come in early should help them be able to help UK next year.

• You Betcha
      8:53 am January 14, 2014 Permalink

I agree. 3-9 should be reasonable now.

9. Billy
    9:49 am January 14, 2014 Permalink

Stoops is doing a helluva job to get kids to come and live in these dorms. I know UL players live in campus apt . Two in a suite. Own room , own bathroom Den with leather couches and flat screen TV. Full size kitchen with granite counter tops and washer and dryer. Its amazing. It’s called Cardinal Town. I hope Mitch gets his act together it will help in recruiting even more players.