2007 UK vs. UofL is on the SEC Network right now

And it’s the perfect thing to watch on your lunch break.

“Woodson from the gun, play fake, step it up, he’s throwing deep down the near sideline, HE’S GOT JOHNSON! 20, 10, 5, TOUCHDOWWWWWWWN KENTUCKY!!!!!!”

Chills.

20 Comments for 2007 UK vs. UofL is on the SEC Network right now

1. doc
    12:31 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

That game was amazing. I don’t know that I’ve ever jumped that high. Being a worse case scenario person though, I immediately decided that not going for two would bite us in the ass.

• Doug
      7:01 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

This is probably the biggest when in UK history… And it was close as hell and amazing and all, but really kinda sad when you look at the full picture.
      Even though they were ranked #9 in the nation at the time, they were being lead by the worst coach in their programs history.. During the first game of his first season as head coach.
      As for us…. THAT game in 2007 was the first time we beat a ranked opponent since 1977 (30 years people!)… And we hadn’t beaten the ville since 2002 before that night.
      And even though that was arguably the best season in our programs history, we still only came out 8-5 and with a lousy music city bowl game… As a sad little side note… That year was the only season we made it into the rankings in the last 40 years (Didn’t finish ranked).

So, I’m not very hopeful about our future considering we are currently coming out of two back to back 2-10 seasons, 1000 days without and in conference SEC win, and a loss or the last 6 In-state games we’ve played….

• Doug
      7:02 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Win*

• Dude
      7:22 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Nice try, Doug The Troll. But it wasn’t the “best game in our history.”

Exciting, yes. Emotional, yes. But dont get ahead of yourself. I mean, you could apply all that you said about the game to the Louisville-Florida Sugar Bowl win, right? UL fans hang their hats on that, but let’s face it, Will Muschamp is hanging by a thread.

Or, continue to copy and paste the “coming out of two back to back 2-10 seasons, 1000 days without and in conference SEC win, and a loss or the last 6 In-state games we’ve played….”

Over and over and over and over and over………

• Doug
      7:51 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Now you are just trying to save face bro… It VERY CLEARLY was one of the biggest wind in Kentucky’s program history. There is maybe one other win that is up there with it. Why else do we talk about it constantly? It is basically the game against Louisville and one other on our top wins history list.
      And also… You think I’m a troll just for stating facts? It’s the world we I’ve in bro, get used to it. UK football is kinda the joke of the state and the butt hole of the SEC conference

• Dude
      8:16 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Beating #1 LSU
      Beating Bama for the first time in 75 years
      Beating #1 Oklahoma for a National Championship – something UofL doesn’t have. 😉 Just a few that came to mind. The UofL win was great, but to say it’s the greatest in our history – well, you’re putting too much stock in Louisville program that for the first time in its 102 years, finally joined a big boy conference that’s not on the verge of collapse.

But hey, you all beat a struggling Florida! And I also remember when you got crushed by Syracuse, and Blake Bortles made you his bitch.

Troll on, bro. 14-12: fact.

• Doug
      8:50 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Bbahahaha! You are cute man… National championship.. uK has never even been close to a bowl game that high. And just before you try to “inform me” I know the instance you are talking about… That was not a national championship or uk.. Tennessee got the title that year. Stop trying to make ourself feel better…
      So basically what you told me is that only two other wins in the last half century (One single bama win and one single LSU win) compare to the one time that we beat Louisville while they were ranked? Soooo… You basically just agreed with me.. The 2007 Louisville win is in our top 3 in the entire history of our program. Get over yourself dude… Sometimes beating a rival is important. They are often ranked… Uk has been ranked ONCE in the last 40 years and it didn’t last half the season.

• Doug
      8:55 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I don’t know if we can really be talking about them joining a big boy conference though when UK has been the butt hole of the SEC since its founding….
      Bottom line… UK is reducing the size of its stadium. UL is expanding…. Kinda enough said about the status of our programs…
      It looks like a future of rough losses for UK tho… What do we do when our in state rival gives us the bama treatment and we don’t beat them for decades? In in the process since they have won the last 3 and Petrino has never lost to UK.

• Dude
      9:14 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Then you should root for the Tards. We don’t need asshole fans and they need all they can get. Peace, “bruh”.

• Dem facts, doe.
      9:17 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Kentucky football has won one national championship, two Southeastern Conference championships and appeared in 14 bowls.

• Doug
      10:12 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Apparently they don’t since they won that most loyal fan base thing from the Emory institute. But no thank you “bruh” I’m a cat.. Just prefer something we are actually decent at, like basketball. For all I care, we could shut down football tomorrow and I wouldn’t bat an eye.

• Doug
      10:16 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

An dem facts tho…. Are wrong. UK has never wont a national championship. Tennessee, was te consensus national champions in 1950… The only year that have an sec championship. There are teams that left the sec in the 60’s that literally have more SEC championships than uk.

2. Stevie Got Loose
    12:34 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Cant.stop.watching.this….

Can’t wait to create some more memories this season!

3. realme
    12:54 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Chills.

4. Were You Calling From a Walkie-Talkie
    12:58 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I was there. In the UofL section (free tickets from a friend that is a UofL fan). It was incredible. Electric. Hugging total strangers without a second thought.

To echo realme, “chills”. Absolutely.

• gordonm
      2:57 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Considering this vid, if forde’s smile is level, Is his head actually bent left?

5. Todd
    3:21 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

I was in Lynchburg, VA watching this game at restaurant with my wife. Stayed there from opening kick to the very end. Other patrons in the place started cheering on the Cats with us. Great game. Watching this replay reminds me of how bitter I thought Bill Curry acted towards the Cats. He second guessed and criticized their every move.

6. Tdkyray
    6:18 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Wish I had the radio broadcast on podcast, loving hearing Leach and Piecoro call that one!

7. NashBlue
    7:37 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

Ditto – Leach’s call makes me get emotional to this day!