Your first 2013-2014 team picture

20132014teampic
Click to enlarge

You’re looking at the first 2013-2014 team picture. Coach Cal tweeted today that he had the guys over to “talk to them about the traits of some of my best teams”…and presumably, have some grilled meat.

Six observations:

— Is there ever a picture in which Dakari Johnson doesn’t smile?

— Cal’s dog is not having any of this, is totally out guys.

— The Harrison Twins must have heard Matt’s challenge on the radio to pose separately last week. Andrew’s the one on the right, he has slightly longer hair than his brother.

— Of course Marcus Lee is wearing Chucks.

— Brian Long, Sam Malone, Dakari Johnson, and EJ Floreal are going to wear socks with their sandals, and the rest of us will just have to deal with it.

— That is one big team.

Leave your observations below.

49 Comments for Your first 2013-2014 team picture

1. Dud wash
    4:36 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Who is behind Malone?

2. NotJerryTipton
    4:37 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

The team is taking a picture together and Julius Randle is isolated and not smiling. This does not bode well for Kentucky and can only mean one thing: the rumor that him and the twins not liking each other must be true. As you can see he looks aggravated, annoyed, and angry and is not smiling, which can only mean one thing, he is upset that the twins are in the picture with him. Cats fan, worry no more about this rumor, as of today it has been proven to be true.

3. Mark A. Smith
    4:38 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Still waiting for a readable font size- like before the “improvements”. Otherwise, progress to you is regress to me. You have some great writing. Please make it readable.

4. Rise
    4:40 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

1) EJ Floreal

5. bosshog
    4:43 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Great after last year to see a team with so much comparative depth. The most striking thing about this team is the overall size at every position. If they make a commitment to playing defense every possession, and hustling for every loose ball/rebound, I think there will be only 3-4 teams who have any chance of competing with them for forty minutes. With their size, depth and athleticism the only thing standing between them and glory is commitment to defense and rebounding-mark it down.

6. Lil c
    4:44 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

The twins look big. Of course Marcus is wearing chucks, he’s from the west coast. I hope he toughens up to play east coast ball! Big team size and number wise. Cal got embarrassed last year, mainly because he had no bench at all, I don’t think a lack of bench will be a factor this year. This might be the tallest team in division 1 this year. Good to see them all together…..finally! BBN

7. Bear Bryant
    4:45 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Hey look, it’s our 40-0 basketball team to go along with our 0-11 football team.

8. Crazy Curtis
    4:49 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Looks like a line in front of Kardashians house

9. MacGruber
    4:52 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I hope Long appreciates being in this picture.

10. Jimbo
    5:02 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

6) I love how because he is wearing chucks he needs to toughen up lol. Well anyway love this team and cannot wait!!! BBN!!

11. My2Cents
    5:03 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Funny how small the twin next to Dakari appears and how monstrous the other twin looks next to Brian Long

12. WILDCAT44
    5:06 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BASKETBALL/KSR wtf YALL. Seriously, does ksr get calls now when they talk fb now. Has something changed? Get bball talk going.

13. Mark Liptak
    5:13 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Better to many players than to few (aka last season…)

14. classof68
    5:15 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

11: The same thing that stood out to me. Also Cal looks to be 6′-6″ sitting down next to Poy & Lee.

15. JBForty
    5:28 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I expected “the mean and nimble one” to be umm….bigger?

16. RealFakeJT
    5:30 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if the NCAA knows BBQ was served?

17. Cat Fan in Georgia
    5:31 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Looks like someone didn’t get the message that red and black is not a good color choice.

18. Paducah Cat
    5:34 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Looks like a line at the Kardashians house

19. kramer
    5:37 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Love the dog!! Is that Randle on the far left?

20. Darryl
    5:42 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Notice how small Long and Malone look standing next to one of the Twins. Then look how tall
    Young is. The UL guards are roughly the same height as Jones/Russ Smith. They get to guard
    our guys and they will have a 6-7 “rim protector” in Harrell.

21. bigcatstanding
    5:45 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

#2. wishful thinking you would love for there to be a problem. I see that most Cat fan’s didn’t respond to your trolling ass, but if you look at the pic only one was smilling dakari Johnson. So we must be in for a terrible season based on your way of thinking (not)!!! Prediction if this team doesn’t go 40-0 they will scare the shit out of it. So believe it little brother we’re bringing home #9, and on our way we will leave behind the remnants of teams that wish they were. So like the snake you are bring on all the venom you can loser. BBN OWNS YOU YA YOU

22. Cat Fan in Georgia
    5:48 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

@bigcatstanding – I believe that the operative word here is “sarcasm” especially given the OPs choice of name

23. hooty
    5:52 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

does anyone else want to tell me hawkins is 6’1″?

24. Champ
    5:56 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

@bigcatstanding > joke is on you, sir

25. KyTom
    6:05 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Does everybody need a pass hanging around their neck to get into Calipari’s house?

26. Blue Doug
    6:19 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

SOCKS with sandles has been a staple on the AAU Circuit for ten years.. know your sport before you write about it!

27. FlySoup
    6:29 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

haha some things never change! only freshman walk around campus with lanyards around their necks

28. Carlos Santitas
    6:40 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Dear little baby hipster Jesus, in your ironic onesie and thick black-frame glasses, please let them play IU in March. Thanks/Amen

29. Matt
    6:42 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Looks like another NIT team!

30. jeff
    6:44 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Which one in the picture is Bruce Pearl?

31. kes
    6:56 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

WHEW! i was worried! for a second i didnt see sam malone!

32. ukfan
    6:59 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Bigcatstanding you failed to grasp the concept I do believe sir.. funny stuff

33. Yearsendingin9
    7:03 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Young looks big.

34. Matt
    7:11 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Pay attention to me. Please! Doesn’t my originality count for something?

35. Lemond
    7:15 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

James Lee and Harrison twin #1 look to have shoulders as wide as Dakari’s. Troubling. We need some more big butt big men!

36. reading way too much into things
    7:25 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

This pic represents our recipe for success this season: it begins and ends with the talent of Randle and Andrew Harrison AND Poythress and Willie must be in the middle as the heart/leadership of the team

37. MikeJones
    7:56 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Fortunately I do no see any of them wearing cargo shorts

38. Joe Dennison
    8:05 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Just too coooooool….

39. Big Dan
    8:31 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Could it be the starting 5 then Calipari and then the bench?????

40. ukfan
    8:46 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Big Dan.. you’re not serious, are you??

41. bigcatstanding
    8:46 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know what to respond on first, what are we clothes and shoes critics or are we talking basketball good god you people crack me up. #35 don’t know how much wider Johnson’s shoulders could be the guy weighs almost 270 lbs. And if I did miss on my earlier post my bad, but still don’t make the connection with his name being a Kentucky fan.

42. dsmaggard
    9:10 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

#35 you don’t know the players names let alone how brod someones shoulders are. His name is James Young and Marcus Lee is beside Cal. You need to follow more if your a true fan that’s ridiculous.

43. Bunny
    9:24 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Great pic…thanks, Mrs TT! Can’t wait for the season to begin…

Will you please make me a sandwich?

44. ukfan
    10:02 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

@dsmaggard.. I’m pretty sure he knows their names and just forgot to put commas in between them.. I hope so anyways. I think he meant it to read as James, Lee, and Harrison Twin #1… I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Who wouldn’t know their names this close to the season?

45. Jeffrey
    1:29 am September 3, 2013 Permalink

Socks with sandals like that is alright, socks with thong flip flops is just… no.

46. SH
    2:09 am September 3, 2013 Permalink

Mrs. TT is there ever a pic in which you yourself don’t smile? You and Dakari must be truly happy folks. BBN is lucky to have the both of you.

47. Nelson
    2:31 am September 3, 2013 Permalink

Willie Cauley-Stein

48. Huge Clothes
    11:19 am September 3, 2013 Permalink

Brian Long wearing a humungously too big long sleeved t shirt with sleeves rolled up and tucked into similarly ridiculously oversized basketball shorts. Try again, Brian.

49. bigcatstanding
    5:41 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know the white kids name on the right three spots from the end up front. the reason I’m asking you can watch a YouTube video that comes up under James Young, and I’m almost positive he is in that scrimmage that last like 10 minutes, and he’s making like every shot while at the same time Young makes absolutely no shots, hope that doesn’t contain you lol.