Your 2017-18 Kentucky Basketball roster as of now

team17

As of right now, Kentucky has lost seven players off its 2016-17 roster:

• Derek Willis (senior)
  • Dominique Hawkins (senior)
  • Mychal Mulder (senior)
  • De’Aaron Fox (draft with agent)
  • Malik Monk (draft with agent)
  • Isaiah Briscoe (draft with agent)
  • Isaac Humphries (draft with agent)

Bam Adebayo also declared for the draft but did not sign with an agent, leaving the window open to return for a sophomore season. Bam has until May 24 to make that decision, and with some mock drafts slipping him into the second round, it may be one he has to think about carefully. With some pieces still up in the air, here is next season’s roster as it stands right now:

Quade Green, Shai Alexander, Jemarl Baker, Hamidou Diallo

Wenyen Gabriel, Jarred Vanderbilt, PJ Washington, Nick Richards

Bam Adebayo (may stay in draft), Sacha Killeya-Jones, Tai Wynyard

Jonny David, Brad Calipari, Dillon Pulliam

STILL PURSUING

Mo Bamba, Kevin Knox, Cam Johnson, Mark Smith

Again, still some things to be decided, but have some fun and pick out your ideal starting five for next season, which I’m sure we’ll do about a million times before it starts:

18 Comments for Your 2017-18 Kentucky Basketball roster as of now

1. a21CATSfan
    11:17 am April 12, 2017 Permalink

Hamidou Diallo (if he stays)*

2. ukjaybrat
    11:20 am April 12, 2017 Permalink

IDEALLY: Green, Diallo, Gabriel, Bam, Bamba
    and maybe Gabriel eventually comes off the bench if he doesn’t show improvement

3. Powderfinger
    11:51 am April 12, 2017 Permalink

This team should be unselfish and fun to watch, but with so many freshmen they may drive Cal off the deep end.

4. jrdh13
    11:52 am April 12, 2017 Permalink

Green diallo Vanderbilt (i think he is a star) bam and bamba… great size athleticism with a pure pg…

5. Laker Cat 18
    11:59 am April 12, 2017 Permalink

I went with Green, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Bam, Bamba. That is absolutely no knock on Gabriel. I think he’s good enough to fill that 5th spot. I really, really like his energy coming off the bench as the sixth man.

• Laker Cat 18
      12:00 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

I also think Knox will be in that rotation to some capacity.

6. Forthesakeofeducation
    12:07 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Don’t care for Green at all. Worst PG prospect we have had in Calipari era. Sexton, the PG going to Alabama would have been nicer.

I don’t think Bam returns, so I went with Alexander – Diallo – Vanderbilt – Richards – Bamba

We are going to take some “L’s” next season. I just hope this isn’t another Nerlens Noel type class. It just lacks the star power that we’ve grown accustomed to, but it appears that the vast majority of this class is that way.

• BigBlueMeade
      12:32 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

So worse than Ryan Harrow? Greene is a baller this team is going to be slept on early on. I don’t forsee a 2013 type season at all.

7. pancakesfordinner
    12:11 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m going to go:

Brad at the point
    Johnny at the 2 spot
    Knocks at the 3
    Sasha at the 4
    And Tai holding down center

I think bam will be the 6th man of the year.

8. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    12:24 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

With next years class, its so different than the past two years where we have had dynamite 2 guards like Monk and Murray who can score in bunches. We now have a ton of length, but not experienced length. So it concerns me a little bit as far as staying out of foul trouble. The SEC will be VERY HARD next year come conference time for our guys. I expect us to finish possibly third in the SEC which I think will be the best conference in the nation next year. You got Florida, South Carolina and now Alabama with elite level talent. Arkansas will be in the mix and Tennessee will be to me, the most improved team in the SEC. We really really need experience next season and that’s not going to happen unfortunately. So with that said, I really hope these young guys buy in early and Cal can get them to understand how important playing on the road will be. I think our best line up next season will take time for guys to all click, but it will be Green, Diallo, Washington, Vanderbilt and hopefully Bamba/Bam. I think we get Bamba if Bam goes and lose him if Bam stays. First off the bench will be Alexander, Baker and Wenyen. Nick Richards has insane size, but he looks really really raw and his basketball IQ doesn’t seem ready for the college game in my opinion. I think PJ Washington leads us in scoring and Quade Green has a phenomenal second half of the year once he gets the college game speed down.

9. LongRoad2017
    2:52 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Our bench is diverse…

10. jrdh13
    3:50 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

gabriel is gone!

• BigBlueMeade
      3:55 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Omg, please share your source?! This is groundbreaking good lord…you could break this story and become huge.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      3:59 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

If you’re citing the fake Jeff Goodman account, well, it is a fake account. Fake news.

11. indyscott7
    4:12 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Bleacher Report is reporting the Gabriel story too.

12. @GoCayts
    4:22 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Bring back the platoon!

• @GoCayts
      4:22 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Make 2 lineups, twice the fun

• a21CATSfan
      4:37 pm April 12, 2017 Permalink

Only if we get Knox, Bamba and keep Bam. Green, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Adebayo, Bamba; and Shai, Knox, Wenyen, Washington and Richards. But, I highly doubt Knox would come to UK to not start.