Young and the Harrison twins put on a show at the Johnson Center

James Young and the Harrison twins moved from the Joe Craft Center over to the Johnson Center for some pickup basketball action Wednesday. The students who were holding down Court 1 were in for a rude awakening when the boys arrived to call “next.”

Enjoy.

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for Young and the Harrison twins put on a show at the Johnson Center

1. Jarrod
    10:33 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

Did the pillsbury doughboy film this?

2. bosshog
    10:39 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

Between the legs alley-oop was awesome….and Young can dunk from distance with that length. I think by years end the twins might have the auto-lob going with Randle et. al even better than than 2012 champs. I remember in the McDonald’s game where Gordon had so many dunks that 2-3 of the best were off Harrison feeds…both those guys can really get the ball to the big men. Huge potential this year…..huge…….

3. Aram Martin
    10:42 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

You’d be doughboying too if you got to see it, it’s okay to be jealous of me I understand.

4. #9
    10:45 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

So the Harrison twins dress exactly the same 4 pick up games…..think that was the same twin n both lobs……but still enjoyed seeing the video…..

5. Kyle
    10:47 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

I was with my friend who filmed this. Needless to say, this is just a glimpse of the stuff they did tonight. Not to mention, they were only going about 50 percent the whole time. Is it too early to say 2014 Champs?

6. Bob Cobb
    10:48 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

That laugh defines “giddy”, which is precisely how we all feel.

7. RandyB
    10:55 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m having trouble on this site. I see no visual, and no link to click on for this feature. This is happening a lot lately.

8. mikep2432
    11:31 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

Drew, they are playing on court 2.. duhhh

9. UKBLUE
    11:47 pm September 18, 2013 Permalink

Please God don’t let anyone on the team get hurt !!

10. mark daniel ng
    12:23 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

It was andrew harrison, ej floreal, calipari’s son, and james young. Not the twins. and it was on court 2.

source- I was there.

11. m
    12:41 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

I knew I saw one of the twins!

12. Fanny
    12:44 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

You’re not supposed to dunk on those rims.

13. Mr. Blonde
    1:48 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

12.) Hahahahaha

14. UkLove524
    1:55 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@3: Jealous that they played a pickup game while you pulled your camera phone out and recorded? Yeah, extremely jealous. They’re cool, great basketball players, but let’s act like we’ve been there people. 80% of us that go to UK have seen or met them at some point. There’s nothing to be jealous of… Lol.

15. ukfan
    8:01 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

Was Winnie the poo recording the clip?

16. Jones
    8:17 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

Is there a link for this? The video wont show at work.

17. Aram
    8:40 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@14 well I guess I was just in that 20% that’s never met them or seen them play anywhere but Rupp. Next time I see any of them, I’ll be sure to not watch, definitely won’t smile, and god have mercy on my soul if I try to record them on my phone. My bad you guys. My bad. I do have a hard time believing that if any UK fan saw what we all saw that you wouldn’t watch with a huge smile on your face. So again, sorry for getting really excited at seeing future NBA players that play for my favorite team throw off the backboard oops to each other 10 feet away from me. How silly of me.

18. Aram
    8:44 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@14 Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. I didn’t know it was a bad thing to be in that 20% that’s never seen them anywhere but Rupp. The next time I see future nba basketball players that just happen to be a part of the best recruiting class of my favorite programs history throw off the backboard oops to each other in a pickup game 10 feet away from me I will be sure to not smile, I probably won’t even watch, and God have mercy on my soul if I think it’s so awesome that I have to take a video. Man, my bad you guys.

19. bigabes4uk
    8:58 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

Good lord the assbags in these comments! Aram– thanks for posting the vid man! I would have had the same reaction and I’m nearly a 50 y/o man!

20. dude
    9:00 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@ Aram – Please (sarcastically) apologize one more time, just for good measure.

21. cracka
    9:23 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

i’m with a lot of you guys, just a big blank spot for me … no video, no link, no broken icon, just space … guess i’ll watch it when i get home … if anybody has another link from youtube or anything, please post in comments section

22. @20
    9:29 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@20 haha OH MY GOODNESS, I am so so sorry you guys. I’m so sorry I posted this video. Darn my immaturity and excitement.

23. AWilson
    11:44 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

@10 can calipari’s kid ball? Just curious?

24. DT in DC
    11:55 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

Oh man. This takes me back to my days at UK. We’d be playing intermural ball and on the next court would be Walker, Delk, Mercer, and McCarthy playing around. Those were the days!

25. Aram
    12:19 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

@23 yeah he’s actually pretty good. He’s gotten a lot better from when I first saw him play 2 years ago.

26. Mc
    3:34 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Same for me DT. I was able to play in a pick-up game with Tayshaun Prince, Camara, Saul Smith, and Heshimu Evans who was in town to play. Definitely good times.

27. catdaddyd
    10:19 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Mc, did Saul Smith pick up his dribble at the hash lines in pickup games like he did in real games?