Worst No Call Ever?

USATSI

USATSI

USATSI

The common sports fan knows that officials love to swallow their whistles late in games, hesitant to determine the outcome of the game.  The refs in tonight’s Ball State/Eastern Michigan game tried so hard to not make a call at the end of the game, they determined the ending of the two overtime thriller.

What do you think, is this the worst piece of officiating you’ve ever seen?

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for Worst No Call Ever?

1. TorpedoVegas
    8:49 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

That was really bad.

2. Still not as bad as the 72 Olympics with USA v. USSR although that wasn’t a no call.

3. UKfanman01
    9:11 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

Worst officiated game ever (and yes I’m biased) UK vs Wisconsin final 4. Shot clock violation no call. Ole Frankie boy was only called for one hip check when he done it the entire game. I felt the refs had it out for the team last year in that final four match.

• WeareBBN
      9:23 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

so sick of UK fans blaming every loss on officiating. If we had been better prepared and played better Wisc should not have been withing 10-15 points of us. If we keep playing the last 6 minutes instead of playing the clock it is not close. And on a side note, with the best team ever assembled we barely escaped Notre Dame to even get to that Wisc game.

• Wildcat Sheli
      10:35 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

I agree the game vs WI was the worst officiating I have ever seen. After a few days, I worked up the nerve to re-watch it and was even more outraged. It was so so wrong what was done to our team. (& then the Championship Game with all those Duke no-calls this year . . . Oh, dear!!!). I’ve looked at the stats of the refs who worked our 2011, 2014 and 2015 Final Fours and it’s interesting to see the UK games they’ve officiated, the controversial calls (or no-calls) and then the eventual outcome.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:42 pm January 24, 2016 Permalink

WeareBBN, you are confusing us with Louisville fans…. RARELY, do I see UK fans blame refs for losses.

4. randolph
    9:15 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

Why wasn’t Doug Shows calling this game?

5. WeareBBN
    9:15 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

I happened to see this on live broadcast. The announcers kept saying it was a foul, “you can clearly see him reaching in”. As a ref I must say that reaching in is not a foul, there must be contact. Same with over the back or an illegal screen, just going over the back or not being set on a screen are not fouls unless contact is made. From the camera angle I can’t see if it was a foul.
    HOWEVER, the 2 times he traveled after the steal should have been called, no excuses.

• Kevin C
      9:22 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

Exactly…the traveling, which still would have given the ball back to BSU was the biggest “no-call” I saw.

• WeareBBN
      9:26 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

The Ball State guy traveled twice before his pass out for the winning 3.

6. LigginsLoveSAT
    9:19 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

Where’s TV Teddy when you need him?

7. Kevin C
    9:20 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

It was bad officiating, no doubt, but the “no call” wasn’t just on the fouling. The refs could have just as easily called traveling on the EMU player, which still would have given Ball State the ball back. Regardless, that’s not even close to the “worst officiating ever’ ; I see far worse than that every week watching random NBA games.

8. Rixter
    9:53 pm January 23, 2016 Permalink

Looked like a prison gang-rape.