Winds shifting towards Duke?

Suddenly, some scuttlebutt, courtesy of our fearless leader. If you go by Matt’s sources — which, 95% of the time, you should — Kentucky’s chances of landing Marques Bolden do not look good. Minutes ago, Matt tweeted that after having a few last minute conversations, he thinks Bolden is likely to pick Duke.

Of course, those sources could be mistaken. Or maybe it’s a smokescreen. Or maybe you should just prepare yourself for it being Duke because it’s happening in about an hour anyways.

If so, this will be on repeat in the KSR bunker for the rest afternoon. (Language NSFW or kids!)

38 Comments for Winds shifting towards Duke?

1. meeksfor3
    1:25 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Momma wins again

2. VulcanEar
    1:30 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

If it was Kentucky, we wouldn’t see Calipari going full out media blitz last week. It’s definitely Duke.

3. Mc12
    1:36 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I thought Jarrett Allen was a better fit personally, and it would be unfortunate if we had him ready to commit and then told him to hold off so we could make Bolden a priority, but that’s the nature of the beast. Honestly though, if Humphries develops he can play a similar role that Bolden would have. This is all assuming Bolden chooses Duke.

• tbyounce
      2:12 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think that’s the reason Jarrett hasn’t committed yet because that’s Cal’s backup plan. He said he cut UK but he’s still available.

4. Luether
    1:41 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

My sources have consistently advised that it will be Dook…

5. ShakaTooSmart
    1:44 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Its so funny how a bunch of people on Twitter (and a few on here) claim that their sources are legit….then delete the comment/tweets..its cute. Also, I do not know the kid what so ever, but he looks hard to deal with. Thats just an opinion and not a fact

6. sp
    1:46 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

He was never coming here. Played the media pub like a fiddle.

7. dcoltsfan20
    1:46 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

If he would have decided on Tuesday I would have picked us, however due to “last minute changes due to family reasons” I can honestly say I believe his parents told him he was going to Duke. It sucks because I believe the Marcus Lee decision could have been a deciding factor…

8. Nerds
    1:46 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

It’s so cool that Matt has these sources. I mean, it’s insanely cool. Sources.

• a21CATSfan
      2:03 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

That’s all Matt Jones is; sources. I mean have you ever heard him stumble through UK stats on the radio and fumble through players names. He treats his callers like dogsh*t bc a little success riding Cals coattail has really gone to his head. Only listen when he’s gone. I used to love when “Werewolves” hit the airwaves at about 9:05 CST, now I just turn the station when the Leach Report starts advertising. Marques Bolden is making this decision, not Matt’s sources, and definitely not Matt.

• Nerds
      2:30 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Matt is more than sources. He’s a guy who constantly hits on women that are out of his league. Even if they’re dating someone or engaged. It’s true and truly pathetic. He’s a winner.

9. ShakaTooSmart
    1:50 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Bolden will get at the bbn keyboard warriors will be coming out of the woodwork…another Wiggins like social media attack

• UKfanJake
      1:53 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I can usually read through typos and such, but this comment ain’t makin’ no sense.

• ShakaTooSmart
      1:58 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Good one Jake..go buy some kleenex for the decision

• Mc12
      2:11 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

There are also a lot of people with fake accounts that will pretend to be uk fans to make bbn look bad.

• UKfanJake
      2:14 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings…did you read your post though? It literarily cannot be interpreted.

10. ReverendBlue
    1:51 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

On another note, the Wendy’s advertisements on this site are very effective. Nearly every time I look at that picture of the jalapeno chicken sandwich, I suddenly WANT one.

I’d also like to have Bolden choose UK. But I definitely would like to have a spicy jalapeno chicken sandwich — and I have more control over the latter.

• VulcanEar
      1:53 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Would you trade a Bolden commitment for three jalapeno chicken sandwiches?

11. ShakaTooSmart
    1:51 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

^comment of the day

12. Realme
    1:51 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

This always happens. At the last minute the “experts” start predicting changes in outcomes they didn’t know in the first place. All the media, Mat included, who want to “break” the story and be the first one to tweet the decision should shut up and wait like everyone else.

13. jopo53
    1:52 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

His hair screams Duke, anyways.

14. david8577
    1:53 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Let’s all wish him the best and thank him for this finally being over, regardless of where he goes.

• 2Dogs
      1:56 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Totally agree. I hope this kid has got some game to him because he’s going to need it to match the KSR infused hype.

15. dale-in-orlando
    1:54 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Not sure if I could take another Duke championship. I’m not giving up yet.

16. SanDiegoCats
    1:57 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

So what’s up with following brad calipari. That’s just mean.

17. Willis talkin bout....
    1:58 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Looks like Ratface promise to “Take care of them for life” won out. Assuming that offer extends to the parents as well. UK has had far more success getting bigs in the lottery. Cousins, Davis, WCS, KAT. Hell even Skal will be a top 10 pick and he sucked balls last season. He would have been the main man down low, and wouldn’t have had the pressure of following a future UK legend. If he picks duke cause of his parents.. thats just sad.. If it was his choice. So be it. Good luck with that rolodex

18. onsides
    1:58 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Evan Daniels Is tweeting that Bolden will make his announcement with a teammate. Is it possible that there was a Matthews sized teammate at DeSoto? I can’t find any good stats.

19. BK
    2:00 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Matt is right. There is no way this kid, indecisive and passive as he apparently is, is going to pick against Mom and her dream. IMO all this whole thing has done is make a public spectacle that ultimately screams, “We lost,” and takes the focus off of celebrating our own great class. I think the right move here IMO would have been to lay off this passive guy and minimize the public ramp-up of attention. I’ m sure many will disagree, but this is maybe a rare mistake on Cal’s part.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      2:03 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I am in the dark. How do we know for sure that his mom’s dream is Duke?

• BK
      2:09 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Well, that seems like the only constant that we’ve seen in this situation in terms of insight from sources: he wanted to go to Kentucky, but his parents-especially his mom-want him to go to Duke. Maybe that’s wrong, but it seems like most everyone agrees that that is the source of the constant waffling. So, I woke up this morning and suddenly thought, of course, there is no way that a kid who can’t make his wishes clear to his parents is going to go against them. If he did indeed follow Brad Calapari on twitter, it was probably just a diversion or perhaps there is some other connection there.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      2:16 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I agree with you if that is actually the case. I just haven’t seen any real evidence that she wants Duke.

20. kyle heavy
    2:01 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I believe I may very well be the ONLY UK fan on the planet that isn’t impressed with Bolden’s game. the kid will be a decent player at the college level. That is it. He is not a program-changing big man like KAT, AD, Willie, or Boogie.

• whack0001
      2:04 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Take Willie off that list and you have a point

• BCO
      2:16 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. Id rather have a crazy fast and athletic lineup like Fox/Monk/Briscoe/Gabriel/Bam and just run teams guts out

• kyle heavy
      3:26 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

whack0001,

Good point. I added Willie simply because he could guard anyone on the floor and all the way out at half court.

21. ukkatzfan
    2:06 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

The way he supposedly flip flops, I would base the school choice on who has the best sports media communication degree program.

22. Bluebloodtoo
    2:08 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

You can’t have duke without dUKe.

23. BCO
    2:10 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Kids not a game changing recruit, so I’m not worried. Personally think hes over rated quite a bit (yes Ill still say that if he picks us). Reminds me a slightly more athletic Dakari. Don’t see him as a one and done talent. Maybe I’m wrong but all the video Ive seen isn’t that impressive.