willie-poythress

Jon Hood and Tod Lanter were also in attendance, along with Julius’ mother, AAU coach and several other friends and family members.

Willie and that scooter are inseparable.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein, Willie Cauley-Stein’s boot and Alex Poythress watched the announcement

1. JMM
    2:11 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

If Poythress was going to announce (or the Harrisons) don’t you think they would have had a joint conference like they did the year before last?

2. L
    2:12 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Going to miss Julius and his Mom. She seems to be such a classy lady and raised a wonderful son. BBN will miss you.

3. Chaz
    2:21 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

The one notable point I will always remember: Everyone at the conference, excepting the players and yes, Jerry Tipton, was a minimum 20 pounds overweight, most obvious at the end of the conference if you watched the end of the recording. They look like me if you’re just watching the bellys – guess I’ve good at least a part of the summer planned – walk, walk and walk some more.

Good luck in the league Julius. Go Cats!

4. RealCatsFan
    3:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

So did UK ever release a statement about Willie’s surgery? Was it a torn ligament or a stress fracture, or a plain old broken ankle?

• RP's Face Lift
      3:58 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Yes, just how serious is Willie’s injury? If it were just a sprain why would he be in a boot?

5. Kyreds
    3:17 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I am glad he is gone!Too much of a Alpha Male!Ballhog & cant do nothing with his right hand ! Bye!!

6. Rixter
    4:00 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Willie doesn’t miss a thing, does he? I mean.. he is getting the full college experience. next year when Randle and Young are working for a living (and yes, cashing checks), Willie is still going to be seen at UK women’s volleyball games, and I bet at UK Orchestra concerts, and rushing to classes. And probably enjoying his life more than they do

• RealCatsFan
      4:12 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Willie will be cashing his checks soon enough, and they will be bigger than 99% of the people who post on these forums. I for one don’t blame him for not wanting to be in a hurry to experience “the real world”. Plenty of time for that. You can only be 19 and big man on campus once in your life!

• Bonnie
      4:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

YES Willie IS A VERY SMART YOUNG MAN!!! When he enters the NBA draft if he doe’s Willie has got a lot going for him he wants his degree ! You have to love this guy, maybe he’s not sure if he want’s to be a pro Player ! I love Willie for NOT letting the GREEN influence his decisions ! If he enters the draft someday even after his senior year, his draft status will be more then Randle, Young and alot of others who left after their freshman year! He will start out making more then , all of their paychecks put together !! PLUS he will have his degree to always fall back on !!! I have NEVER been more PROUD of a WILDCAT then I am of W.C.S. HE is your ONE in a million young man who doesn’t rush his decisions. He loves UK and going to school! What more could anyone ask for?? If I were his mother I would be so proud of him , even though I’m not his mom I feel like i am !!! LOL! Willie there is no one in this world like you ,YOU are definitely a ONE of a KIND!!!! Always be true to yourself! Money isn’t everything, HAPPINESS means way more then money BUT, you already know that ! Beside’s being gifted, you are a GIFT!!! GOD BLESS YOU WCS !!! I LOVE who you are !!!