Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

It seems like Willie Cauley-Stein excels at every sport, so let’s see how he is on the baseball diamond. Willie will throw out the first pitch at the Lexington Legends’ home opener Thursday night at 7:05 p.m. at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. The All-American will also sign autographs ($15 each) in the concourse from 5:45-6:45 p.m. and take the mound around 6:50 p.m.

Will Willie’s pitch go the way of Julius Randle’s?

Or John Wall’s?

Knowing Willie, I’m going with the former.

6 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein will throw out the first pitch at the Legends game on Thursday

1. keiths
    11:16 am April 15, 2015 Permalink

I hope he shows up, because he didn’t against whisky

• inside info2
      1:14 pm April 15, 2015 Permalink

keiths, i was going to say something very similar. If he had played an average game even we would have won. He was MIA. I’ve said all along that if I am an NBA GM I would not waste a top draft pick on him. Or if I did I would only pay him for half the games, because that is at most how many he is going to have his head in.

• J-Dub421
      3:35 pm April 15, 2015 Permalink

Yes, let’s whine about the Defensive Player of the Year who held the Wooden Award winner scoreless for the last 18 or so minutes of the second half some more. It sure was terrible having him on our team this season! Thankfully neither of you is an NBA GM because you’d get fired.

2. VirginiaCat
    2:58 pm April 15, 2015 Permalink

I see two possible outcomes: A motivated Willie will show up and throw a blazing fast ball for a strike, or an indifferent Willie will take the mound and look disinterested until someone comes in to relieve him. I agree with previous posts that Willie’s non-performance against Wisconsin likely cost us the game and possibly a national title. What I don’t understand is why Cal did not substititute for him as soon as it was obvious that Willy was a no show. All he gave us was empty minutes of standing around and watching the game move past him. I don’t understand how you do that in the most important basketball game of your career.

3. Rixter
    3:29 pm April 15, 2015 Permalink

Julius looked like he was lobbing a hand grenade over a fence.

4. J-Dub421
    3:32 pm April 15, 2015 Permalink

Replace him with who exactly? Dakari and Marcus had 1 rebound between them and no points, blocks, or assists.