Willie Cauley-Stein had a lunch date with a special fan yesterday

Last week, a 4-year-old fan named Olivia made a video for her favorite Kentucky player, Willie Cauley-Stein. In the video, Olivia, who suffers from cerebral palsy, asked Willie to marry her:

Some of you may know our wonderful friend Olivia but for those who haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Olivia, here’s a little bit about her. Olivia is one of the most vivacious, happy, loving, and upbeat 4 year olds I’ve ever met. I’ve been blessed to be able to work along side her for about a year and a half. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t seen her light up a room and put smiles on everyones face whom she crosses paths with. Olivia also has CP (cerebral palsy). I’ve been able to witness first hand just how much progress she has made and how hard she works on a daily basis on everyday tasks most of us take for granted. The other day when I was talking with Olivia and her wonderful Grammy, she told me a secret. Since then, it has become a goal to make sure it happens. For all that Olivia has taught me and brought into my life, as well as everyone’s life she brightens. Olivia’s secret: she wants to marry Willie Cauley-Stein 🙂 Now, my goal is to grab the attention of famous Wildcat and set up a meeting for her. Please help us by sharing this and the video to make it happen! She has brought so much joy into every life she’s touched, help us return the favor! #ForTheLoveOfOlivia #BBN #strivefornine #wildforthecats #williecauleystein

Posted by Caitlin Nugent on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Through the wonders of social media, Willie saw the video, and visited Olivia at the Child Development Center of the Bluegrass on Monday to invite her to lunch at the Wildcat Lodge. Here are the heartwarming pictures and an update from the CDCB:

Our hearts are full today! We are so proud and excited to let you all know why the UK Wildcat visited CDCB on Monday! He came to deliver an invitation to our Olivia…. Willie Cauley-Stein requested her presence for a lunch date!

Yesterday Olivia got to have spaghetti with Willie at the Wildcat Lodge. She was SO charming and he made her feel SO special. Very happy for our little girl, and very proud to be a part of ‪#‎BBN‬ …. that a player of Willie’s caliber would take time out of his day on perhaps the most pressured-filled and anticipatory week of his college career speaks volumes about the outstanding character of Kentucky’s Basketball team.

Willie and Olivia’s story will be a feature on CBS’ “March Madness Confidential” show after the tournament. We’ll bring you more details as we know them.

These kids, guys…I can’t.

18 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein had a lunch date with a special fan yesterday

1. deWildcat
    1:43 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for sharing, please excuse me while I dry my eyes and clear my nose.
    Love this TEAM

2. meeksfor3
    1:47 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

When I hear stories like this I want even more to curb stomp people like Forde, Goodman, etc when they trash this team and these guys. 🙁

3. J-Dub421
    1:53 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

More Kentucky players ruining college basketball….

Seriously though, I am so proud of our team!! This is truly the greatest college team of all time, on and off the court.

4. dcgirl
    1:53 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Stories like this is when having an open office plan stinks. My co-workers must think I have some serious emotional problems.

5. AirForceOne
    2:04 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

I can’t dang take it anymore!! I just read the article about Karl Anthony Towns on ESPN, and now this. I swear, if I hear one more reporter or analyst pick on our guys….I’m driving to wherever they are and kicking their ass. I don’t care if it gets me 30 days in jail. We have a group of kids here that deserve nothing but our most profound respect and admiration. You better watch yourself Jeff Goodman….your first.

6. cracka
    2:09 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

this is awesome … my baby also attends cdcb and this video was shared on our fb page a while back. i told them you need to upload to youtube so we can share on twitter and they did; i tweeted to matt, willie and uk bball back when this had maybe 5 views. not sure if you all had anything to do with this, but i’m really glad it got to willie and he came through, even before the season was over, wow!

7. Sir Brandon
    2:14 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

It suddenly getteth quite dusty in my cube. Darn these allergies….

8. mark
    2:15 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

It really shows the impact that Coach Cal has on his players, and the players understanding what is truly important. WCS, and the rest of the group have been “stand up” citizens throughout the year!

9. Catsby80
    2:19 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

ya’ll gotta quit cutting onions on this site… but seriously these stories, man… can’t get enough of them. love that these guys take the time to do stuff like this. they can have so much impact on someone’s life and it’s awesome that they take the time (during the most important 5 days of their season no less) to do this stuff for the community. awesome stuff, TT

10. dsims0004
    2:22 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

This is awesome!! (Filllllleeeeerrrrrrrr)

11. EdC
    2:25 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Geeze these guys are unreal. Literally made me tear up a little. I don’t know how much of it is impact Cal has as that Cal only recruits and accepts players who are REALLY caliber in every single way. It is nauseating how much garbage gets thrown their way.

12. MPoole
    2:27 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Dang man. I am sitting here a grown man near 40 years old and I have tears welling up in my eyes. I have a daughter of my own so maybe that makes it hit home a little more, but this team is amazing. Both on the court and off, there is no way anybody should or could ever say a bad word about these kids. Just amazing. I have to go to the car and cry now!

13. scwhite9
    2:37 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

I do believe this is my favorite team of all time – and, I have been watching and observing lots of teams. What a great cast of players. If anyone exemplified class, these guys do.

14. bigabes4uk
    3:04 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Ok this one really got me– are you kidding me with these guys? I just can’t believe how amazingly awesome this group is. Just truly one of the most special teams to ever play at UK. I teared up bad on this- glad to see I’m not the only one. PROUD- is the word that comes to mind!

15. theWilkman
    3:19 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

Pat Forde has to have seen this, or at the least the dozens of articles like this, right? And yet he still writes his trash article about this team being unlikable. That says all you need to know.

16. Hastetheday
    5:12 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

But , they’re RUINING college basketball. This team is a class act.

17. Willy
    7:27 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

The guys that try to trash these guys & this team are really just showing exactly how ignorant they are, pathetic!!!!

18. Joanie
    10:01 pm April 1, 2015 Permalink

OK, I totally sat at my cube today with tears streaming down my face. Not just for the joy that WCS brought to this little girl, not just because he took time out from the most intense week of his life to do the Willie thing for her, but because I am going to miss the hearts of each and every one of these kids so much. Thank you, Cal, and thank you, guys, for an unbelievable season that we will likely never see again…and for being such a great group of young men who have made not only their families proud, but a whole contingent of Wildcat fans–and people–across the world. You are all inspirations to humanity. Basketball or not. This, I think, is destiny, right when the world needs it. Your shoulders are big enough to carry it. Rock on.