Willie Cauley-Stein doesn’t like the Louisville scheduling

The Kentucky basketball team will take a 3-day hiatus away from one another to enjoy some time with family for Christmas. The Cats stayed in town for Thanksgiving, so this is the first real stretch of time since the summer that Kentucky will be away from each other. For one Cat at least, the timing couldn’t be worse for separation. “Worst scheduling ever,” quipped Willie Cauley-Stein. “My opinion. To be away from teammates and coaches for 3 days.”

Cauley-Stein told Aaron Smith of Rivals in the post-game interviews that he fell victim to a lack of commitment over the short Christmas break last year. A few days can go a long way in losing fitness and focus. “I was a victim of it last year. It will show. You’ll be dying.”

Hopefully Kentucky can keep the positive momentum rolling from the Belmont game even with a few days away from each other.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

29 Comments for Willie Cauley-Stein doesn’t like the Louisville scheduling

1. Rob Morris
    5:05 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Andrew Harrison must have a case of the Ryan Harrows yeast infection.

• And You?
      5:26 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

And you have made such a success of your life. What a joke you are. Get lost.

• How Pathetic
      5:27 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Hey little coward. Come out into the light and be seen. You Loser Troll.

• What Kills Me
      5:28 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

What I can’t believe is Idiots like you coming on this board to compensate for how inadequate you are. Crawl back into your hole now.

• Wow
      5:36 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Love to see you make this comment to either player’s face. What a lowlife you are.

2. klassact32
    5:17 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Have heard it many times today about the momentum gained from today’s game. I don’t mean to sound like a delusional fan but I just don’t see it. I don’t see how you can say we have momentum going into a game where we trailed most of first half and into the second half against a team we should have beaten by 30 points. Someone explain to me what is meant by that.

• rainman
      5:24 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Uh, er they won?

Is this the correct answer?

LOSERVILLE, SUCKING!

• Delk for 3
      5:54 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

I can sense some momentum gained from this game. Belmont was on fire in the first half and there is no denying that when they are hitting outside shots they are an extremely dangerous team. Despite jumping on us with a barrage of treys, our guys fought and got the game to within 2 points at the half. We then slowly dismantled Belmont in the second half and pulled away for a convincing win down the stretch. Kentucky faced some adversity today and then flexed its muscles to overcome. There is no denying that Kentucky showed improvement today.

• Syrin
      6:15 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

I think there was momentum as a team, but not for Andrew. Andrew needs more bench time. Cal’s job us to win games, not be a charitable NBA developmental program, and we were down by 11 when Andrew got in foul trouble then Polson got us the lead. It’s not a co-incidence. Andrew hasn’t created a fast break point in a game that I can remember. That’s ridiculous. With our athletes, this team should have 10-30 fast break points a game. Put John Wall at point, and this team has dunk after dunk after dunk

3. Whatttt
    5:22 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like making excuses before the game is even here

4. stevem
    5:28 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think UK is mentally tough enough to beat Louisville’s intense style of play. Willie’s comments are seemingly further evidence of that.

5. Detours
    5:29 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Positive momentum? UK just beat an unranked team and now Willie is worried about the poor scheduling (I think he just figured out how lacking his team is). I feel sorry for the Cats on Saturday when they take on UL. Going to be a lot of disappointed UK fans.

• Kristen Geil's Abs
      5:42 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

I bet your family is disappointed in your life to this point.

• Lacking?
      7:19 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

You obviously know what lacking means. Story of your life.

6. Delk for 3
    5:42 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Um, Willie, you could go out for a run or two while you are home. I don’t think conditioning should be an issue at all, but I do hate giving up practice for 3 days. Hopefully it will refresh the guys and they’ll come back ready to go to battle on Saturday. Beat Louisville! It’s all I want for Christmas. Seriously.

7. Mean Randy
    6:10 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

You could return your hair to your normal color so you dont look like Slim Shady

8. Syrin
    6:12 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is meaningless. March is what matters.

• Wrong
      6:40 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Far from it since it’ll be one of our last chances to get a quality win. Which will dramatically effect our seed in March. Lose to Louisville and split with Florida and we’ll have one quality win for the entire season. So trip up on the road just once against a bad team in the SEC and our seeding will be awful.

• Syrin
      8:17 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Seeding isn’t important either. There is no dominant team this year. Getting in is all that matters. This team has the talent to beat anyone who will be a #1 seed. March is all that matters. You’re becoming an IU fan. Beat your rival and go to the Sweet Sixteen. Yippee? I have my sites set higher than you.

9. RealCatsFan
    6:23 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, not to sound all scroogish and everything, but I thought “Camp Cal” was supposed to start now that finals are over. One of the most important games of the season coming up in a week, and our guys are going to miss 3 days of practice? No one can deny that they need all the practice time that they can get.

10. DooooDoop
    6:28 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

A lot of disappointed Cat fans? You must mean the 37 that are left NOT whining, complaing, armchair coaching, and calling the players on their “favorite” team anything and everything they can possibly think of? It almost makes me laugh, but it doesn’t because it is so sad.. Who are you people? Constructive criticism is one thing, but this is just a new breed of ugly. Oh, and do not ask me if I saw any games last year. Every. Last. One.
    I agree, this team needs some work, mostly on teamwork. I believe if that clicked the rest would be pie. But hey you fans, you need a lot of work, too. When national announcers comment about how quiet Rupp Arena is, seriously, you got to man up. When floor seats are open in Rupp Arena, it’s much easier to see your horrible body language, pouting, and overall blasé attitudes. I am not kidding. It is painful to watch. Think about it, maybe loving your team and not giving up, you know, what we all want from these guys, might be a positive step. Cheer and encourage, that’s what fans do, maybe together -the team and the fans- we can be unstoppable.
    Basically, you can’t ask a team to be something you are not.
    The End.

• Stuck on Blue
      6:55 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

+1000! Could not have said it better myself. I think that is one of the problems in society today. Be the change that you want to see. As the old saying goes “When you point a finger at someone, you have 3 pointing back at you”

• Mark
      1:08 pm December 22, 2013 Permalink

Smartest post so far. Bravo!

11. Sleepy
    6:36 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

So a team that already starts lazy and lethargic will have the added bonus of not practicing half the week. This should bode well.

12. Shelbyjoe
    6:51 pm December 21, 2013 Permalink

I have to admit, 3 days is more than i’d give’em. I would practice them hard through monday morning, send them home monday afternoon, bring them back wednesday night, practice twice thursday. Go twice on friday. Heck who knows though. Might do ’em good to get away for 3 days.
    On another topic, if andrew cant stay out of foul trouble against belmont, how dan he guard ul’s back court?
    I personally don’t think ul is very good, they’re over rated. But unfortunately, we’re not very good either.

• Huh
      1:08 am December 22, 2013 Permalink

What are you talking about? Coach just said they’re a good team. Do you think Cal is a lier? Besides, discounting their team, if we lose, means we got beat by a bad team. And if we do win, saying they are no good, means we only beat them because they are bad. Get real, your living in a fantasy world.

13. KyJones64
    11:58 am December 23, 2013 Permalink

Yes this team needs work, all teams do. I agree with #10 …. Rupp is WAYYYYY too quiet!! 24,000 fans should be deafening. Too many “Good Time” fans, you only cheer when we we are ranked in the top 5. Some have said we shudda beat Belmont “by 30” WHY?? Because they are Belmont? If you would have looked at their (Belmont) bio you would have seen that they were a veteran team …. a very good team. I believe they started 4 Seniors! That is rare in today’s game. That is why you see so many of the lesser known teams beating up on the big teams today, a lot of these teams are veteran, well coached and play with a chip on their shoulder. So we really need to ease up on our boys, I too get frustrated when I see a mistake, a stupid telegraphed pass but we gotta remember, most of these guys were still taking orders from mom n dad this time last year. When we came back from being down by 11 that really showed me something! It showed focus, desire n heart …. will to win!! I think we need to be getting on the fans who attend the games in Rupp.when I go to Rupp (rarely) I leave without a voice! Please fans …….. we are the best fans in the world! PLEASE cheer for our Cats, create an atmosphere of chaos n don’t let up! Go Big Blue!!!

14. Tom
    5:56 pm December 23, 2013 Permalink

The Belmont game proved once again the Cal can’t get his teams prepared to go from the opening tip. As I have before he is a great recruiter but and average game coach. He needs to use Lee and Willis more often and Poytress should play more minutes.

15. billygillespie
    4:41 am December 24, 2013 Permalink

This isn’t the university of cauley-stein!