Will Wenyen Gabriel have a Breakout Year?

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you saw that picture a few weeks ago of Wenyen Gabriel’s body transformation. That picture has been my personal #fitspo for the summer.

It’s clear Gabriel has been working hard this summer and everyone’s favorite College Basketball reporter thinks his hard work will pay off this year.

I don’t know about you but, sometimes last season I tended to forget about Gabriel. I’m hoping that this year he’ll have more games like he did against LSU last year.

We’ve got about 100 days until we find out!

Article written by Savannah Patton

My first words were Go Big Blue. Follow me on twitter:@savannahpattKSR

11 Comments for Will Wenyen Gabriel have a Breakout Year?

1. tmurphy
    1:29 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

No he will not to many elite players to have a spectacular season I say he averages 7 points

• BBNDan7
      1:43 am July 23, 2017 Permalink

Y’all are so negative. He’s on of us and him being better means the team is better.

• Reuben Cuban
      7:31 am July 23, 2017 Permalink

Seemed like Wenyen Gabriel was on par through mid Jan. 2017.

Played very well against Auburn at Rupp.

Then, he fell off the map; CAL dropped him like a hot potato.

2. kyle heavy
    2:45 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

3. Kat4Life
    2:54 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

He just might….. but the definition of a breakout year on this year’s team might be less than spectacular statistically.

• BigBlueMeade
      5:35 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

WCS had a “breakout” year his last season here and only averaged 10pts. WG can breakout as a leader and reliable player on both ends of the floor. Everybody gonna eat.

4. Powderfinger
    10:11 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

I got to see Wenyen – and several other players – at one of the father-son camps earlier this summer. I can see why Cal gave him every chance to succeed last year. He really seems to have a great attitude, always smiling and laughing, and played with lots of energy in the scrimmage with the kids. He didn’t just sleepwalk through it like it was something he had to do. I hope he does have a breakout year. I won’t be surprised if he does.

5. AGSlater
    11:32 pm July 22, 2017 Permalink

Really? I mean really? Hilarious

• Booby Petrino
      8:42 am July 23, 2017 Permalink

Not as hilarious as your team’s banner coming down for paying hookers

6. Reuben Cuban
    10:09 am July 23, 2017 Permalink

uavel. Lil bro put the NAP and the POLE in Napoleon Complex. Immoral loser commuter junior college.

7. JClayton23
    10:19 pm July 23, 2017 Permalink

I wouldn’t say break out but I think we’ll definitely see an improvement from him…on my own personalized mock draft I only having him going 50th right now.