Wildcats sing carols and serve Christmas dinner

(Photo: UK Athletics/@KentuckyMBB)

While much of the day’s excitement around campus was over at the UK football facility, there were some positive things happening around the basketball program Wednesday evening.

John Calipari’s Wildcats held their annual Christmas party for families in need. The players served a holiday dinner, passed out gifts, and sang Christmas carols led by “Keldon Claus.”

This may be Coach Cal’s best three-point shooting team, as he says, but it’s certainly not his best singing team.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Wildcats sing carols and serve Christmas dinner

1. cats646
    9:02 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Cool!
    Now for the article below, no one cares about Matt Jones terrible opinion in politics. Classic liberal move trying to oppress our right of free speech by not letting us comment on it. And they say Trump is “unconstitutional.” Smh.

• DelrayCat
      9:17 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Matt writes informative articles about things that are very important to many Kentuckians. I’m sure many snowflakes conservatives will come to this article to complain about being subjected to terrible oppression by not being allowed to post their uneducated drivel one article sooner.

• cats646
      9:55 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Yes. I’m uneducated because I’m a republican. Smh. And I know you think you can “trigger” me by calling me a snowflake, but you couldn’t be more wrong. It’s just laughable how incredibly hypocritical the left is. Actually it’s pathetic. Everything Trump does you all b!tch and say it’s unconstitutional because that’s the only thing you can say, for lack of any knowledge. If Obama had come out with the same exact plans Trump did I would bet my house that you would love it. Absolutely pathetic.

• cats646
      9:59 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Also I really don’t care at all that Matt is expressing his opinion, even though I think it’s wrong. I just think it’s ridiculous that the left want to oppress the freedom of speech just because someone has a different opinion then they do. So closed minded.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:32 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

As others have likely mentioned: You have ZERO rights to free speech on a privately owned website. Matt definitely leans left- much further than I did even 30 years ago but it is his website and he could randomly block every 17th comment if he wanted, just to be an a$$.

I frequently disagree with Jones on SOME political topics. If I feel my personal opinion is really that important, I could go start my own website.

• Disabling comments is since Matt owns the site, but it is totally gutless.

• I meant to say it is not unconstitutional since he owns the site…

2. dcforuk
    9:42 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

I do not have a problem with Matt expressing his opinion. I’m sure if they allowed posting it would get a little bit out of hand. I was a little surprised no posting was allowed, though. Then I saw this string. I do think he is wrong regarding the governor’s ability to generate some momentum. The only problem that can be solved is the problem that is acknowledged. If heads get buried in the sand then it does take a shovel of work and tough words to get those heads back above ground. 11% funding flat out sucks! That is a major major problem so sometimes tough words and action are necessary to generate the momentum that it takes. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a bad accident to get a traffic light and I think that’s what the governor is trying to avoid.

3. KYCat4EVER
    9:49 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Love how Coach Cal instills the “intangibles of life” to his players! Classy!

• dcforuk
      9:52 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Yes, and things like that don’t just happen. They must be intentionally coordinated so I agree with you……tip of the cap to Coach Cal!

4. 4everUKblue
    10:19 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Why the hell are electing a millionaire who is not a Kentuckian to the office of Governor whether they are Democrat or Republican? Even his running mate is not Kentuckian.

5. bwise
    10:29 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

No one cares what Matt has to say about politics

6. BTW, a CAROLINA baby blue UK hoodie? What’s with that???

• dcforuk
      11:00 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

No kiddin! Do any of you remember 1996 when in January of that year Kentucky first launched the denim white uniforms? I can’t remember the opponent but it was a CBS game that Billy packer called and he said the blue in Kentucky’s uniforms looked more Carolina blue than traditional Kentucky blue and boy the phone lines on the call in shows that following week were lit up!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:17 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Whomever approved that color for UK apparel should be released immediately – If not tarred and feathered.

• dc, I think that was Arkansas on a Sunday afternoon game. I seem to remember I had gotten home from church, flipped the game on and there they were.

• C&M, that was probably someone at the Swoosh.

• dcforuk
      9:39 am December 20, 2018 Permalink

Thanks for the info. That was at the peak of the Kentucky Arkansas rivalry a mere 10 months after UK came back from 9 points down in overtime to beat Arkansas with RR on the bench with his hands in his face! Thanks for the stroll down faded memory way!

7. katmandue2you
    11:40 pm December 19, 2018 Permalink

Can’t wait for Matt to turn politician so Kentuckians can show his liberal ass the proverbial door