When will teams learn to not talk trash to Kentucky?

© Brian Losness | USATSI

© Brian Losness | USATSI

When will teams learn not to talk trash to Kentucky?

Like Daxter Miles and West Virginia before them, Buffalo couldn’t resist, with head coach Nate Oats going as far to call John Calipari a whiner. We hear Kentucky took those comments to heart, resulting in a 95-75 beatdown.

“Pretty much all of us took what they said personally,” Kevin Knox said, adding later in the locker room, “We came out and we handled our business.”

“We just try to come out and try to prove everybody wrong, and that’s what we did today,” Hamidou Diallo added. “And can’t feel better about this one.”

“We took them serious when we heard they were talking trash,” Quade Green said.

“We had heard a little bit about it. It’s not really motivation, we don’t need any extra motivation,” Sacha Killeya-Jones said. “[Calipari] let us know they were saying things.”

As for Calipari, whom Buffalo head coach Nate Oates called a whiner for constantly referencing his team’s youth?

“And I whine,” Cal said. “Coach [Oats] and I talked about it before the game, Nate and I talked. There’s nothing there.”

Us to Kansas State and UMBC:

[mobile_ad]

12 Comments for When will teams learn to not talk trash to Kentucky?

1. Rixter
    10:30 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

“Coach and I talked about it before the game, Nate and I talked. , there’s nothing there.”

• Bleednblu
      10:37 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Why do you feel the need to quote something that was just quoted in a post?

• Parker_UKFanNC
      10:46 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Without out some sort of statement about the quote

2. makeitstop
    10:31 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Well we outscored them by 14 in the paint and by four on fastbreaks so that’s 18 of our 20 point lead. And they shot 15% under their season average from three. So it turns out they were not better inside, on transition and defending and all that stuff.

• Rixter
      10:34 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

They didn’t think Cats could keep up with them in transition. Maybe someday, they will be paid to think. That day is not today.

3. Rixter
    10:32 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

I see – nothing in brackets posts.

“Coach and I talked about it before the game, Nate and I talked. , (aside from the ass-beating we administered to his guys)there’s nothing there.”

4. King_tucky
    10:34 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Man if I was Cal I’d tell these kids that the other team called their mama’s milk cows. I’d get em so pumped when going out on court. Our team talks so much trash that they would want to believe it true or not

5. RealCatsFan
    10:47 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Watching Florida play right now, and Chioza just did a flop that would do Duke proud. Looked like Will Sheehey from IU. Are the Gaytors now the dook of the SEC? I know most of you root for fellow SEC schools, and I usually do too, but this, along with that uncalled foul on PJ has turned me against them. Go Texas Tech!

6. SuperTroy18
    10:51 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

I honestly think Buffalo won by so much against a team that clearly something was wrong with them mentally, that it was big time fool’s gold. They knew we were a team of freshmen. Maybe they thought it was kind of reverse psychology?! Saying they were better in transition is absolutely hilarious. I thought to myself after reading that, “Please…please try to run with us!”

7. blueblood4life
    11:24 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Proud of this team coming together!! Go cats!

8. TheBigjMan55
    11:54 pm March 17, 2018 Permalink

Never, every body hates Ky and they never learn. It’s just a fact. I’ve worn my UK gear in the Bahamas and in Mexico and heard both locals talk trash about Ky. I’ve also heard the locals talk nothing but good about Ky as well. In the Bahamas they cheer for Ky

9. BamaBlue
    2:05 am March 18, 2018 Permalink

When their coach talked trash, I loved it because I knew he had just screwed up big time. Poke the bear and get urself a 20 point beat down. Go Big Blue !!!