What is Calipari doing on his vacation?

John Calipari is currently on vacation down in Florida, dodging any UK-related thoughts and phone calls while recovering from hip surgery. The Cleveland Plain-Dealer snuck one in on him yesterday, but other than that, he’s completely off the grid.

The silence is good for Cal, but it’s hard on those people who rely on his every move to keep a website constantly updated year-round. (That’d be me.) It’s also tough on UK basketball fans who want news 24/7, even in the summer months when nothing is going on. (That’d be you.) We’re all losers when he’s gone.

So tonight, while Cal eats fresh seafood and watches the sunset from his rented beach chair, let’s try to guess what he has been up to all week while tuning out everything back in Kentucky. I don’t have him pegged as the type of guy to take out a case of Corona and rally for a night session, but I still have five good guesses as to what he has been doing in Florida:

*****

1.) Playing pick-up basketball…

calipari-beach

“I got next!”

2.) Deep-sea fishing…

cal-fishing

Bring your own bait

3.) Not coaching the Lakers…

lakers-press-conference

(Silence in Los Angeles)

4.) Hanging out with other people with bad hips…

calipari-old-people

“Of course you’d fit right in in Rupp Arena!”

5.) Working on his new book, “Why So Quiet? A Message For The Haters”…

calipari_book

Coming April 2015

Article written by Drew Franklin

67 Comments for What is Calipari doing on his vacation?

1. Dusten
    8:09 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Awesome.

2. Conner
    8:21 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

The last picture is gold, but the orange leaf references are getting old in my opinion. After years and years its just tiring now.

• Nail on the head
      9:40 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Yes, “birds” a-blazin’ is GRADE A certified fresh.

3. NCAA
    8:37 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Hmmmmm………. might go to Florida for a closer look.

4. um, yeah...
    9:05 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

UofK fans are known for their class, GTFOH Mass Confusion

5. Ballclawed
    9:11 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

This site has always been on that fine line of true wit and sometimes offensive to a few people, but always humorous. Crossed the line with that pic – classless

6. Bob
    9:13 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Really like the site, don’t think we needed the last picture. My opinion, it was in poor taste.

7. Negotiator
    9:15 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

In between the above activities, he’s trying to talk the Magic into buying out Daniel Orton’s contract with the Maine Red Claws and resigning him.

8. Sand in Vagina
    9:19 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Do y’all really think KSR gives a crap about what y’all say anonymously?

9. D. Boggs
    9:23 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure even Calipari himself would say that he prefer not being depicted like that if asked. You can do better KSR.

10. jimlowe7
    9:26 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

TAKE DOWN THE PICTURE…YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG, DREW, WHEN YOU DID IT…GROW UP!

11. me15nsa
    9:28 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

The Puritanical outrage in these comments lately has been more humorous than the content posted that provoked it. Keep up the good work, Drew!

12. Boilercat
    9:30 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Love you guys, but last pic is in appropriate. I am guessing Cal would be thrilled to know he was dipicted like that. You guys can do better than that to get a laugh.

13. cris
    9:30 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

My guess would be that Cal himself prolly not too fond of that pic….

14. Western
    9:39 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

I agree very poor taste on the last picture.

15. Gap Tooth Danny
    9:41 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

I’M TELLING JERRY TIPTON! This has become #1 on my list things to complain about!

All jokes aside, this looks far too realistic, needs more obvious p-shop “artifacts”, just so the easily duped will not be so easily duped.

16. Pin The Tail On The Beez
    9:48 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

“LOOK! SOMETHING THAT OFFENDS ME! I MUST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOW! (I’ll be back tomorrow to read more 🙂 )” -most commentors

17. Cal
    9:50 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Please do not use my likeness in this way ever again. In fact I would appreciate your removing it now. The BBN deserves at least a minimum of class. This is WAY over the line.

18. shawn
    9:51 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Unbelievably poor taste with that last photo, nothing at all funny about that. I thought my young son could get on the site, guess that’s out. In fact, I think I’ll get my UK news elsewhere after that, ridiculous.

19. Look out
    10:10 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Drew seems very juvenile. He’s probably one of those people who never got beyond high school and continues to make juvenile jokes and make fun of people who are different than him. I realize it’s free speech but I bet Cal hears about this and asks they remove it. I’m sure Matt wants to stay on his good side.

20. WOW
    10:12 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

This is too much. Keep humble guys , KSR is getting a little big headed..

• symphonist41169
      8:51 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

GETTING a little big-headed? Jones moved way past big-headed long ago, just listen to the radio show sometime. Anybody who calls in and DARES to disagree with him is immediately cut off and belittled while Drew remains the ever-faithful lapdog sycophant. That’s why I never listen to the show and usually pass over posts written by Matt. They’re so condescending and smug it’s sickening. Give me Mrs. Tyler T. anytime, at least she doesn’t thinks she’s Queen of BBN.

21. birds dont scare me
    10:18 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Oh, tell your kids to pause Grand Theft Auto or the new South Park episode so you can explain to their pampered a$$ what a middle finger means. Geez, this world is full of softies now. Get over it.

• twnky
      6:53 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

thank you. people get so butt hurt all the time now.

22. Shock therapy
    10:24 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

The last shot is nothing more than 7th grade shock humor. No more refined than fart jokes. If you’re going to be that edgy, particularly in a way that would more than likely anger the subject, you better darn well make sure the joke is worth it. Here it clearly isn’t. Any nitwit can come up with the concept. It’s slightly less clever than Git-r-done. Sit with that for a moment. Of course it comes to you courtesy of the same folks who think Orange Leaf and Porcini’s jokes are still fresh. If you fellas are going to continue to enjoy the same access or even more access to all things UK athletics than even real journalists are afforded you’re probably going to have to make a decision on what type of content to allow on the website.

• Blake
      11:31 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

*Slow clap*

Matt would agree that if you’re not sure something is funny then cut it out. People don’t come here for comedy. Drew has made some good jokes in the past but this is not his best work.

• Ummm
      12:38 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

“People dont come here for comedy”….I was in college when KSR started up and the only people coming to this site were college kids who came for funny stuff like this. If you dont like it go somewhere else (that concept seems to be lost on most people these days).

23. Not Good
    10:29 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Poor taste on last picture… really

24. mike
    10:42 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

I agree, poor taste, lets learn from it and move on.

25. geez...
    10:48 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

I’ve made bad jokes before. But, geez, I don’t publish it so the world can comment on it. Yikes! I feel your embarrassment.

26. KMS35
    11:00 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Well I guess we know the main demographic that reads this site. Lighten up, blue hairs. The world isn’t going to end because your grand kids saw a middle finger. Maybe if you guys would actually teach your kids something about the real world instead of sheltering them from every little bad thing that may come along you might not be raising the next generation of cry baby pussies. Also, while we’re on the subject of old folks, please start standing up at Rupp Arena. You’re boring, you don’t do anything for the players, and nobody likes you.

27. katfaninyourface
    11:06 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Bad decision Drewshbag

28. Sonny
    11:11 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Poor taste of the mindless..

29. Sonny
    11:12 pm May 15, 2014 Permalink

Do you pay this guy for this kind of work?

30. David
    12:20 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

the #4 pic with the old ladies is hilarious…i almost wet ’em

31. d1ja
    12:34 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Drew instead of deleting comments calling you out for that sorry attempt at humor, do the the right thing (for once in your subservient sidekick existence) and remove the picture.

32. Old Codger
    2:56 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’m an old codger, but I appreciate good humor. The rest of you probably cry and let your faces get blood red when you let out a fart. All you uppity dumbasses are what’s wrong with America!

33. TyRandlesaurus Rex
    3:40 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Hey Drew and Matt, love the site and the many entertaining and hilarious articles. Since you guys cover teams that interest UK fans, you should cover Reds news, and some Legends, news during the summer UK sports drought. I know there are a ton of Reds fans in this state, and quite a few Legends fans in Lexington and surrounding counties. Anyway, it would be better than a story about a local psychic who read Cal’s innermost thought about leaving for the NBA. GO BIG BLUE!!!

34. Alec
    3:41 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Dont let up. I want updates 24-7 all year. especially in the off season. There are plenty of things to write about. Focus on future wildcats and things of that nature. I’ll check in about noon tomorrow to see what you have for me. Thank you. GO CATS!!!!!

35. mapcatfan
    4:26 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I’m confused by the direction this website has gradually taken under Drew’s leadership. Who is the target audience now?
    I, (along with what appears to be numerous others), find the last photoshop really disappointing and senseless.

• Ummm
      12:41 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Then youre obviously not the target audience. Move along

36. Dennis
    7:01 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The last pic needs to be taken off, very unprofessional on KSR’s part!

37. ukalum87
    7:24 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Wow, jr high humor on a site that wants to be the go to place for UK basketball. If classless is what you are shooting for then you hit the nail on the head. For all you defenders, please go back to punching your buddies in the arm and playing video games.

38. Hey Pin the Tail
    7:44 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

You don’t READ a picture, dumbass. I know that word is ok for this site, because apparently F— You is allowed.

39. Micki DeMoss's Mustache
    8:13 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

I laughed

40. fairplay
    8:18 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

The last picture is tasteless and classless.

41. Adam
    8:19 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Definitely crossed a line on that last pic. Poor taste. Humor in the rest but the last one should be removed. Stuff like that gives the haters more fuel for the fire. Even the Dirty Birds web site probably doesn’t stoop that low.

42. carole Catfan
    9:38 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

It’s suppose to be funny…maybe last picture isn’t what coach would do we know that, but all in all its just silly! Loved the one with coach playing cards….that’s a hoot!

43. JoeMoney333
    10:16 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

This comment section is hilarious.

44. Buckets
    10:23 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Jeez, some people will complain about anything. Get over yourselves.

45. therealbigjon
    10:36 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Do you people live under a rock? If something like this offends you on the “internet” Then please please do not ever use google image search.

46. Eric
    10:42 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

Matt said on the radio that one person has posted 8 times with different names. THEY CAN SEE YOUR IP ADDRESS so if you post with different names, you arent fooling anyone.

I can guarantee your kids are flying the bird to all who will look when you arent around. Get in touch with reality.

47. ==== PIX2CLICK ====
    11:54 am May 16, 2014 Permalink

==== I love my Kentucky Wildcats ………… bbbbbbuuuuuttttttt, I cannot stand the POS coach that we have ………. he’s a total douche ! UP YOURS SLAPPY !!!! =====

48. Patrick_Wren
    1:50 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Love the last pic of Coach Cal….!

49. Jackson
    6:36 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Can’t believe some people are complaining about a Photoshop photo…good grief. Love the site, look over the morons.

50. Big Mouth REX
    6:45 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

what a bunch a cry babies, quit being so uptight.