Good morning, everyone, and how about Game 1 of the World Series? Like my colleague Drew, I’m not a big baseball fan (there’s actually a line prohibiting it in our contracts), but even I tuned in last night to see the Indians beat the Cubs 6-0 to take a 1-0 lead. I gave up on the game about three innings in (even playoff baseball is sloooow), but man, that Corey Kluber sure is something. Watching him strike out nine players in six shutout innings probably made these two guys very happy. Also, why does it not surprise me that blue got in to Progressive Field?

Don’t forget to submit your Fan of the Day photos to KSR’s Facebook Page. Odds are you’ll see them on this very website sometime in the future if you do.

Now, let’s get on to the ten things you need to know today…

1. Mark Stoops will be on SEC Teleconference

Stoops and Missouri head coach Barry Odom will address reporters on the SEC Coaches teleconference this afternoon, so check back after lunch for a full recap of their remarks.

2. ICYMI, Missouri lost two of their best defensive players

Last night, Odom confirmed that both star linebacker Mike Scherer and defensive lineman Terry Beckner, Jr. tore their ACLs in the Tigers’ loss to Middle Tennessee State. From a personnel standpoint, the loss is brutal for Missouri, but Scherer was also considered the heart and soul of the defense, starting 33 games and coordinating communication on the field for his unit.

3. Stephen Johnson spoke to students at Sayre yesterday

UK’s quarterback made the short drive to Sayre to “share [his] testimony” with students. They certainly look excited to hear it, or maybe they’re just pumped about the free pizza.

4. 20 NBA Cats in action tonight

Unbelievable, right? In one game alone tonight, you can watch SEVEN former Cats face off.

• 7:00 PM: Heat at Magic (Jodie Meeks)
  • 7:30 PM: Nets at Celtics (James Young)
  • 7:30 PM: Pistons at Raptors (Patrick Patterson)
  • 8:00 PM: Hornets (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Aaron Harrison) at Bucks
  • 8:00 PM: Timberwolves (Karl Towns) at Grizzlies (Andrew Harrison)
  • 8:00 PM: Nuggets (Jamal Murray) at Pelicans (Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones)
  • 8:00 PM: Thunder (Enes Kanter) at 76ers (Nerlens Noel)
  • 10:00 PM: Kings (DeMarcus Cousins, Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere) at Suns (Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis)
  • 10:00 PM: Rockets at Lakers (Julius Randle)

“But wait, Tyler,” you say. “I don’t have NBA League Pass. How can I watch these games?”

I’m glad you asked…

5. NBA League Pass is on free trial until November 1

So you have no excuse not to watch all 24 Cats play this weekend. Stream them live online here.

Trust me, staying in and watching the Cats this weekend is probably way more fun than that Halloween party you said you’d go to.

6. See MKG’s shot for yourself

Tonight marks MKG’s return from various injuries last season, and although MKG will forever be one of my favorite players, there’s no denying his shot is still bizarre:

It seems to be working, so who am I to judge?

7. Georgia already sold out their basketball game vs. Kentucky

In a “That’s so SEC Basketball!” update, the Georgia Bulldogs already sold out their home game vs. Kentucky on February 18. According to Marc Weiszer, it’s the earliest date for a home sellout ever. We’re almost to “t-shirt night” season, folks!

8. The SEC Network goes inside UK’s win over Mississippi State tonight

Want to relive Kentucky’s win over Mississippi State? Be sure to set your DVR to record “SEC Inside” tonight at 7 p.m. on the SEC Network as the show takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Cats’ thrilling win over the Bulldogs. The show will feature new vantage points and sound from the sidelines of the game, as well as footage from Kentucky’s weeklong prep.

9. This mural in Lebanon is cool

unnamed

A few months ago, I showed you the cool Maker’s Mark water tower in Lebanon, and now, they’ve upped their public art game even more with this mural. They also added this cool sign in front of the tower for perfect photo opps.

lebanonmakers

If you partake, do the Lebanon tourism folks a favor and use the hashtag #LebanonMakersWaterTower when you post your pictures on social media.

10. Rex Champan will be on the show today

We broke the news last week, but Chapman was officially introduced as the new co-host of the UK Basketball Pregame Show yesterday. After some rough times that resulted in a rocky relationship with the BBN, Rex is doing better than ever and is excited to take over Oscar Combs’ sacred spot. As John Calipari said last night, Rex is an icon in the UK Basketball program and well-deserving of the opportunity, so tune in at 10:30 a.m. to hear from him as he joins Matt, Ryan, and Drew in studio.

40 Comments for Wednesday’s Top 10: 20 Cats in NBA action, “SEC Inside,” and Blue getting in to the World Series

1. UKBlueGreen
    9:07 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Mrs. T. Thompson, several of my posts yesterday were never approved by MODS. Why?

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      9:52 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

I think you got put on the mod list after some of the troll wars last week. I took you off.

• runningunnin.454
      10:04 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Troll wars? I think you mean, “nerd fights”…ha ha ha.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:06 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

runningunnin.454, I’ll take it!

• UKBlueGreen
      10:10 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Mrs. T. Thompson, I did get involved. More than1 person STOLE my username. I hope that has stopped. Thanks!

2. Sticky Ceiling
    9:08 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Could have done without the “After some rough times that resulted in a rocky relationship with the BBN”…..
    Let it go. Awkward…..

3. UKPROF
    9:22 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Rex Chapman taking over for Oscar Combs is like saying the Devil is taking over for Billy Graham. I guess Rex has agreed to work for minimum wages to help his image. I just can’t imagine who thought this was a good idea and/or what they hoped to accomplish. I for one, will no longer be tuned into the pregame shows for sheer lack of respect. Sorry sponsors.

4. runningunnin.454
    9:25 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Kluber pitched a great game, true; but, he got some pretty friendly calls in the first three innings. Lester didn’t get the same calls on the down and away balls.
    Most inconsistent balls/strikes called game I’ve seen in a while.

5. UKBlueGreen
    9:29 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Glad to have Rex back. The original “3”

6. UKBlueGreen
    9:35 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

UKPROF, look a little closer at Graham’s background.

• doobie brother
      10:16 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Look a little close at the devil’s background – nothing good to see.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:42 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Billy Graham’s real last name is “Frank”.

7. UKBleuGreen
    11:32 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Mrs. TT: Why do let the turds run amok, but when someone calls them out, you moderate them? I would think that’s counterintuitive to the success of this site. Keep the rumor spreading goobers and trolls? Watch your comments go down. Even the long time posters have been attacked and only really comment on the show thread. This is how rumors like the Stoops one evolve; you give these losers a forum to spew their BS with little to accountability.

But I guess if they whine to you, they win. Cool.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      11:36 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

I don’t have time to determine who is a troll and who is calling them out. If I get a moment and notice troll wars or “nerd wars” or whatever, I do my best to take down the comments that egg the others on.

11:58 am October 26, 2016 Permalink

Addendum: UKBlueGreen was also perpetuating the Derek Willis/Two Keys rumors that were floating around for a while, too.

Thanks again. You do do a great job around here. Keep up the great work. We all love you.

8. UKBlueGreen
    12:08 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Mrs. T. Thompson, I apologize for you being drug into this mess. I am UKBlueGreen. I never perpetuated the Willis/Two Keys rumors. You guys can match my IP to all of my posts. Thanks!

12:58 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Pretty sure you did. You also insinuated that impermissible benefits were given to Wenyen Gabriel. Stop.

• UKBlueGreen
      1:18 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Absolutely POSTIVE I did NOT ever start anything about Willis and Two Keys. They can check the IP.
      You realize stealing someone’s username is theft, don’t you?

1:39 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

No. you didn’t start the rumors. But when they were mentioned, you perpetuated them with opinions believing them to be true. Just like the blazer BS you came up with.

• UKBlueGreen
      1:42 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Show me how I gave any opinions to those rumors being true. Show me the posts.

1:47 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know when, and I really don’t have time to look. But I remember it was the first time posters on here took note of your trolling behavior. We had never seen your username around the site before, and then you started stirring the pot. Remember, many users, myself included, have been visiting this site multiple times daily, for years. It’s easy to spot the new guy. You didn’t get off to a good start.

1:51 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

If I were you, I’d worry about backtracking on your Wenyen Gabriel theories. Unless you believe them to be true? You most definitely insinuated that there was some shady dealings there. Please, give facts. I also recall CatandMonkey providing the NCAA compliance office telephone number so you could let them know what your findings were. “God only knows what we’re up to. SMDH”

1:52 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

“Look up the cost of tuition for Wilbraham and Monson Academy (56,000.00.) Maybe the same person paid for both.”

1:53 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

“I don’t even care about anyone’s penalties anymore, hookers, etc. God only knows what we’re doing.”

9. UKBlueGreen
    1:25 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

As for the blazer. I never said impermissible benefits. I said I didn’t think he paid for it, and I don’t. I’m saying it was a gift.

1:43 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

You said “everyone else is doing it, we are too. God only knows what we’re doing. SMDH” and it was in reference to the UL hooker scandal. Stop backtracking. You said it, along with wondering who paid for his tuition at a private academy, got called on it by several people, and then whined to the admins that everyone was picking on you.

10. UKBlueGreen
    1:52 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

I’m not backtracking. Show me the posts about Willis and Two Keys.

11. UKBlueGreen
    1:53 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Yes it does.

‘And no, registering a generic name on a free site does not constitute theft if someone else uses it. Stop with your hollow threats.’

1:55 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Press charges then.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      1:57 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

If you two don’t stop it, you’re both banned. Good grief.

2:04 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

2:13 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

UKBlueGreen
      UKBlueGreen October 18, 2016 at 5:13 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      I have a bad feeling anytime the guys don’t play at Rupp. For the last four years our guys can’t to hack it outside of Rupp Arena. Some away games they squeaked by with a win. Frustrating.

2:14 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

UKBlueGreen October 18, 2016 at 5:15 pm | Permalink
      Like It (0)
      These next four years with Brad on his team will be Coach Cal’s toughest. It’s going to age Cal.

2:16 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Sorry. Ban me if you want, but I’m tired of seeing the trolls take over this place. He’s manipulating you. Notice on recent posts, he’s sucking up to the writers. Whatever. I’m done.

12. UKBlueGreen
    1:56 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

No, I don’t believe we should be ridiculing others. If others are bending the rules, we probably are too.

“everyone else is doing it, we are too. God only knows what we’re doing. SMDH”

1:58 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Sandy Bell thinks you’re full of shit.

13. UKBlueGreen
    2:09 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

TT, I apologize. This guy addresses me, I don’t address him. I ignore him most of the time until he tells lies about me. Now he is telling me Sandy Bell has told him I a full of shit. Most people can’t make posts because all he wants to do is attack them. Do you know who he is?

14. smahurin
    2:17 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

MKG’s shot was never pretty, but the coaching staff in Charlotte reworked his jumper and turned it into a thing of pure ugly. Maybe it’ll work, but I can’t imagine why the coaching staff would re-work his J and have it turn out like that.

15. runningunnin.454
    3:40 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Good grief is right; you two are a real dog and pony show.
    I still have the set of 1842 dueling pistols; and my offer to serve as referee still stands…I’ll even load them for you since I doubt either of you could manage.
    All you need are your seconds.

• UKBlueGreen
      5:22 pm October 26, 2016 Permalink

Nice to meet you .454 I doubt you and I will ever have any problems.