WE HAVE A REID TRAVIS UPDATE (kind of)

It might not be much, but we have a Thursday early-afternoon update on Kentucky forward Reid Travis.

The Kentucky men’s basketball Twitter account sent out the following post after the team’s very first walkthrough in Nashville, indicating Travis participated…

KSR’s Matt Jones has been hearing over the last week or so that Travis was “90 percent” likely to play on Friday afternoon, and he recently said it might be even higher. With the Wildcat forward going through recent practice sessions and working out with coaches and teammates, the optimism has only grown.

At this point, I think we should all expect the Kentucky senior to suit up when the Cats take the floor at 6:00 p.m. CT tomorrow night.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

25 Comments for WE HAVE A REID TRAVIS UPDATE (kind of)

1. Bobbum Man
    1:30 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Can’t be true… that one commenter is best friends with Reid and his parents told him he wasn’t playing anymore this season

• bigbluebanana
      1:39 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

And gets moody when he call him out on his bs

• 1IH
      3:23 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Smooches and Bring on the Rocky Flop Volunteers……Time to get some!

2. BigolBlue
    1:32 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Bringing home the trophy. Reid Travis is like Zion.

• StillBP
      1:40 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

He is like Zion in some ways. They’re both male, both love basketball, both have college scholarships to play. Both are tall. Both had knee injuries. BoB is right for once, Reid IS like Zion!

• bigbluebanana
      2:19 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

He’s gonna print that out and show it to his mom BP. She may even put it up on the fridge!

• henderblue
      2:20 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Good call BP. Give the boy a feather..

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      3:32 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Uh oh you just caused EatenBigolBlueBalls to destroy the tendons in his wrist.

• syrin23
      3:39 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Ris isn’t the offensive player Zion is but he shoots from outside about as well, but he is as good a rebounder, and a MUCH better on the ball defender than Zion. Not even close.

3. Truth_Hurts
    1:58 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Before he went down they were playing better than anybody. People don’t realize all the stuff this guy does that doesn’t appeyon the stat sheets. Like setting screens and freeing up P.J.

• Truth_Hurts
      1:59 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

That was supposed to say appear on. Sometimes auto correct is terrible.

• J-Dub421
      2:21 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Reid is great at setting screens to get our guards open, he opens up driving lanes as well, and makes it so teams can’t double PJ. He does lots of good things beyond rebounding.

4. Bluebloodtoo
    2:05 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Hopefully he suits up BEFORE they take the floor, otherwise they might need to change family friendly label on the SEC tournament games.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      3:33 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Slater wouldn’t have blueballs no more if he didn’t.

5. Ridge Runner
    2:23 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Positive news for sure.

6. Bloo
    2:53 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m not sure this is definitive proof that he’s playing in the SEC Tourney. Was this at a shoot around or practice? Here is the reason I ask: Keldon is wearing his practice jersey and Reid isn’t.

7. meeksfor3
    2:54 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I thought I just heard the TV guys on the UF/Ark game say he would play tomorrow.

• syrin23
      3:40 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

We need him for Saturday’s game.

8. maximumscott
    3:04 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

That girls stomach though

• lexslamman
      4:31 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I was thinking “Girl in the crop-top: Meaning to imply nothing critical or sexual, I will make you a dang sammich.”

9. weneedpitino
    3:08 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I figured he would suit back up before all was said and done. Of course to here a few of the so called experts on here he was done. Way to man up travis from your simple playground injury. Go cats!!

10. weneedpitino
    3:37 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

Anyone have any hotel recommendations for their pal weneedpitino seeings that I got eat up with bed bugs at the hotel I stayed at last night in Nashville. I really don’t wanna sleep in “ol blue” tonight, I took the camper top off before I made my trek to nashville. Go cats. Oh and I want the place I stay to offer free continental breakfast.

11. 1IH
    3:42 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I yelled at him several times before his injury for his inability to guard anyone at the top of the key but I have to say that when I heard his parents were putting the kaibosh on him playing I definitely got pretty salty quick like. Here’s to him making it back and us doing what this team was destined to do this season. #9

This has been the funnest team to watch in a couple of decades in my opinion at this point in the season, I would say our ‘15 team but the Harrisons drove me absolutely nuts so I can’t say that team but if I was under a lie detector then I would have to put that team above this one but only because I can’t fool a lie detector.

12. Sublem
    5:38 pm March 14, 2019 Permalink

I think 15-20 min playing time for the first game will get him acclimated before going up against UT

• Luether
      12:02 am March 15, 2019 Permalink

My sources say he’ll play at least 25 min unless the game is a blow out…