We posted the KY Wildcats TV highlight video earlier, but UK Athletics just released another video that will send chills down your spine.

Check out this behind-the-scenes look at Kentucky’s victory over West Virginia:

Between the team greeting Kevin Knox after the game, John Calipari congratulating Nick Richards, and the GameDay crew’s comments at halftime, I don’t know what I like most about this video.

Regardless, that was wicked.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

11 Comments for WATCH: UK Athletics releases EPIC behind-the-scenes look at Kentucky’s victory over West Virginia

1. Jimi40
    10:22 pm January 28, 2018 Permalink

Great Video!

Expect many more to come!!!!

2. JWB
    10:31 pm January 28, 2018 Permalink

Awesome. GO CATS!!!!

3. binarysolo
    11:09 pm January 28, 2018 Permalink

You know, many of us (including myself) are guilty of talking trash about these kids. But seeing a video like this, seeing everything at floor level the up-close and personal perspective of them going to battle in such a hostile environment, it really opens my eyes to the pressures they go through.

I have a much deeper appreciation and respect for this team, the teams that came before this one, and the teams that will come after. You won’t hear any more whining about our kids from me ever again. Go Cats.

• SuperTroy18
      11:38 pm January 28, 2018 Permalink

Same here. Well said. These guys have a TON of heart and I have been dumb enough to question it at points in the season. I feel kinda ashamed. Seeing this opens my eyes big time. It’s Great especially seeing Vanderbilt and PJ so happy after they had rough offensive nights. They’re ALL about team.

• ClutchCargo
      11:59 pm January 28, 2018 Permalink

I have been taking my kid to the Coach Cal father/son camp each of the past 4 summers, and there is quite a bit of interaction with the players. It provides a different perspective, and makes me appreciate the high quality kids Cal brings in to this program.

4. cats646
    12:02 am January 29, 2018 Permalink

This video is awesome!! Almost got me as pumped up as the football videos! Go cats!!

5. 4everUKblue
    3:02 am January 29, 2018 Permalink

One of the things I appreciate most about Cal is the character of the kids he brings in every year. We don’t have the problems a lot of other programs have and that puts us a step above everyone else…win or lose. Great video.

6. j
    5:55 am January 29, 2018 Permalink

Awesome! You can feel everybody falling in love with this team all over again! At just the right time too. Let’s go!!!

7. GM1978
    7:40 am January 29, 2018 Permalink

Best video of the year!!!! I work with a lot of mountaineers, so I rewatched the game yesterday just to make sure I saw what I saw!

Work today is going to be lovely!!!

GO BIG BLUE

• Eazy
      10:30 am January 29, 2018 Permalink

We are now 16-5 against WVU. Dominant.

8. King_tucky
    6:34 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

You know I could watch this video 100 more times n not be tired of it. So glad to see this team having fun. Every player in every sport should have 1 night like this to remember. But I have a feeling our cats have more coming soon. N too all those who did doubt remember this, ” Absence makes the heart grow fonder”. It feels good to be dominant. But it feels great to make a come back like this in that environment. Makes us all appreciate Cal n our CATS more. Let’s get it!! GO BIG BLUE!!!